Crisis Services Employee Reviews

High paced
Mobile Transition Support Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 1, 2018
Works on multiple levels of human services. Very rewarding if you like to help people and give back to the community. Colleagues are helpful and positive.
Pros
Micro management by supervisor at crisis services, falsely accused of events that never happened
Cons
Very supportive team members.
Under rated for the type of work
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, nyDecember 24, 2017
Pay could be better. Management tried to include everyone on shift work. Great schedules. On call responsibilities. Would recommened. Recently relocated to better neighborhood
Pros
Supportive co workers
Cons
Pay
High Volume Crisis Center
Counseling Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2017
Good learning experience. Mental Health Training. Stressful job. High on call hours. Poor work-life balance. Poor communication among providers/staff/management.
My review
Evening Advocate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 10, 2013
I have been employed with Crisis Services for 12 years. I started as a full time Case Manager and switched to part time evenings when I became a mother. I have been working evenings for 6 years. My duties include making follow up calls to clients from domestic incident reports to ensure their safety and make sure they are linked with services in the community. I also make follow up calls to clients that were seen in the emergency department due to unfortunate domestic and sexual violence incidents. I keep a daily log off all my calls and work and submit a monthly statistical report.
I have a great relationship with management and my co-workers. Management provided the opportunity in my full time position to create duties and responsibilities for the Domestic Violence Court Advocate position. I was also given the opportunity to help create the duties and responsibilities for the Care Line Counseling position. I feel very fortunate to have had these opportunities because it has allowed me to grow professionally and personally. In addition to my current position I have also had the opportunity to work per diem shifts in other departments. This includes working as a phone counselor on the New York State Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline and on the Crisis Counseling Hotline. I am able to provide resources and supportive counseling to individuals.

I enjoy helping others so being at Crisis Services has been a fortunate experience. I hope to continue to help others in my next journey.
Pros
great staff
learning experience
Relief Staff (Former Employee) –  ALMay 7, 2012
I enjoyed this job.I enjoyed the clerical aspect and learning new things each day I went to work,