Criterion Systems Employee Reviews

Young Company with Growth Ahead
Information Systems Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Relatively young firm, small business, with growth ahead. Seasoned IT executive staff. Benefits are comparable with others in industry. In all, a reasonably good company to work for.
Easy job the opens you up to other opportunities
Video Wall/ VTC Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 20, 2018
Criterion is not really a company you grow in but the workspace that you work in introduces you to dozens of other individuals in different areas of the field. That help you grow if you take advantage. A lot of down time. I manage to go to school and work without any unnecessary stress. Time off is minimal. Only federal holidays and 2 weeks vacation a year. I ended up having to use my vacation days for sicknesses and emergencies.
Pros
A lot of downtime
Cons
No growth in company
Careless
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 6, 2018
Extremely disappointed with the leadership and how they do business. Poor management at all levels and Criterion only cares about the money from the contracts and NOT the people.
Small company going big business
Intrusion Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
Overall not a bad company. As they continue to win more government contracts though they seem to lose sight of the people who have been employed with them. HR team needs a complete overhaul for they know little about USERRA law and other basic items an HR team should know about.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
getting too big too quick
friendly work environment but inprocessing was too long
Hardware System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buzzards Bay, MAMarch 19, 2018
easiest part was monitoring hard drives for replacement while ordering and replacing faulty ones, hardest part was calibrating weapons system monitors and replacing bad workstations
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
not very much work to do each day and not many good lunch options
Workplace Culture
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 22, 2018
The culture here was somewhat combative and management actively prevented workers from working collaboratively. This pracice had a detrimental affect on customer satisfaction as people did not share information on ongoing projects and as a result it was impossible to update customers on project status if the individual that was working on the project wasn't in the area at the time.
Great company
Information System Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 21, 2018
Manage a small staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. .
Management in Kansas City
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2017
The management in Kansas City is the poorest I have ever encountered in my career. I have been a contract employee for other firms and this one by far is the worst. The managers there routinely make errors and don't follow the rules they enforce. Try to low ball all employees they hire and then if you ask for more money they will look for any reason to terminate. It is a joke and I would never advise anyone to work with this firm.
Benefits
Cons
Management, evil attitudes from the top down, lack of any communication at all.
Decent place to work
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 28, 2017
Criterion has many contracts across the US. I have only worked at one of those places so my opinion is based on my time at that location. The disconnect the company as a whole to each site is very apparent. There doesn't seem to be very good oversight on personnel at each site. Corporate isn't fully engaged with the employees. Bottom line, it's a job not a career.
No loyalty to employees. Management in KS very deceptive.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2017
Management will lie to your face to keep you around until they can replace you. Will throw you under the bus to save their own neck. Very unorganized and covers it up
Lucky to work at Criterion Systems
Management (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 1, 2017
I have been working at Criterion Systems for more than 3 years and it is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working for. I have worked for large businesses for most of my career, but once I started working for Criterion, I don't think I could ever 'go big' again. Senior Management is involved in most day-to-day decisions and the founders of the company sit at HQ. I hope to stay at Criterion for several more years.
Pros
Work/Life Balance....free chocolate! and a full gym in the building....
Excellent Employer
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64114July 6, 2017
Criterion is a great company to work for. The management and other staff is extremely competent and helpful. It is a company that truly cares about their employees.
Pros
Excellent salary, benefits and management.
Contracting agency
ELMR Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsville Naval Air Station, TXJune 16, 2017
As a government contractor, I did not work at the corporate office. I had contact with various company employees through phone or email, but physically met only my immediate supervisor.
Busy, always learning work environment
System Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAApril 4, 2017
Constantly learning something new everyday. Working with very knowledgeable people. It is a fast pace working environment. Lots of on the job training.
Great company for DoD, DoE, etc.
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2017
Contractor is up and coming in the DoD as small companies go. Enjoy the opportunity to work for a place that values client needs as well as their own employees. A great balance of work, thought and play.
Employee Owned Company
Cyber Security Analyst and ITSM Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Criterion Systems is an employee-owned IT services company providing good benefits and career opportunities. Criterion supports telecommuting on an as needed basis which can come in very handy. Great coworkers, pleasant environment, and flexible hours.
Pros
Telecommuting, flexible hours, benefits
Cons
None come to mind.
Challenging at first
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vena, VAJanuary 24, 2014
On a day to day basis I resolve all requests for Telecommunications services. Wheather it be a new phone and voicemail account, resolve any and all issues with phone cabling, fix a firepanel that is experiencing and issue, install callboxes for security gates, install ISDN lines for video conferencing, terminate 110 / 66 block with 25 - 100 pair copper cabling, terminate CAT 5 / CAT 6 cabling, make station cables where a longer than standard cable is required, Conduct all mass moves during construction, help endusers with any questions they may have concerning phones or voicemail, manage all phone inventory, run reports as needed on PBX, perform all patches and upgrades on PBX / Call Pilot, manage all voicemail accounts. Work with Federal staff to provide all Telecommunicaitons and Radio Frequecie request.

The most challenging part of this job has been to understand the cabling plant. This is a campus type environment so a connection sometimes is routed through as many as four building before terminating at the PBX.

Job location is at NETL (DOE) in Morgantown, WV.
Pros
I have learned a lot about firepanels, callboxes, and ISDN's.
Cons
Walking from building to building in the weather.