CRITTENTON SERVICES Employee Reviews

Very difficult job. Takes a very special kind of person
Treatment support specialist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 6, 2018
Definitely not paid enough to make the long hours and stress worth it. This is typical in this kind of work. Usually 10 hour days of you straight up running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I feel bad for the girls and their babies that are there but it is like working at a prison at times. Nothing ever goes smoothly because there isnt enough people or organization for that to happen and before you know it every girl is yelling in the hallway. Its never a calm day. If youre a strong person who can seperate work from your personal life then i think you could make it here but its hard. Its a great service theyre trying to provide but how they are organized is counterproductive. After training they just throw you into it with very little organization. You primarily learn your job not through instruction but by guessing and angering the girls that live there. It wasnt even clear to me who my supervisor was. Never could find someone to answer questions. The people at training who tell you how great the job is arent the people who actually work day in and day out taking care of these girls and their babies. Once you start working in the building and talk to some of the people that do the grunt work it becomes obvious that many coworkers are often frustrated and overworked. Theres also the very real possibility of being on call on your day off and being called in to cover for someone. You get paid well on these days but you need your days off at this job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Chaotic stressful long hours
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 30, 2018
Supervisors are not approachable nor open to accept feedback. They lack communication with one another, never on the same page. They are also not understanding to the needs of their staff and unorganized.
Pros
get to help better the lives of young adults, Ot
Cons
pay, on-duty breaks, long shifts
Pace Aide (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 16, 2018
My experience working at Crittenton services was very rewarding it provided me a lot of knowledge that I could carry on for my future carriers it also provided me with help on what I would do as a future career.
Pros
made my own schedule very helpful boss very caring.
Cons
limited 10 hours per week
wouldn't reccommend
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I want to start out by saying to look at the reviews below that a majority are the therapists, not those actually interacting constantly with the clients. As an RC you're pretty much a babysitter/maid for both the teens and their children. As it transitions to a short-term stay facility a lot of departments have been cut creating less staff and higher level clients coming in making things more difficult. If you have good social skills and extremely thick skin then you may do decently here. However, they preach to not let the clients have favorites but there is tons of favoritism that goes on among staff which may determine if you move up in the company which makes it a negative workplace culture.
Pros
good pto
Cons
culture, management, stressful
Overall fun place to work at due to the diversity and different programs.
Pre-Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 10, 2018
I worked for six months and had a great learning experience in facilitating groups, providing individual and family therapy. I enjoyed doing group with clients.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Cons
Long hours, poor management and supervision, and low pay.
lack of experienced work enviornment
Wraparound and Community Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Work environment was extremely chaotic with no lack of leadership from management. I suggested some room for improvement's but there was no follow through.
no advance placement
Undocumented Children's Program Case Manager, (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 15, 2018
very stressful work place. Management does not care about employees. Clients are numbers and no rehabilitation is taking place at this facility!!!!!!!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great and supportive employment to master therapeutic skills
Outpatient Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 4, 2017
I really love working under the clinical supervisor I am currently assigned to. My Clinical Director is supporting, understanding with the demands of working in the wraparound program. This same supervisor is accommodating to any schedule adjustments if we work long hours.

I have had nothing but positive experiences at this agency.
Pros
We get to arrange our own schedule
Cons
At times, long hours
Challenging but rewarding work with teenagers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 25, 2017
A very busy day filled with paperwork and varied duties. Supportive staff, challenging clients. Client fights and poor behaviors are a challenge; conversely, client achievements and improved relationships balance the job. This job forces you to be organized and timely with paperwork. It fosters creativity and improved interpersonal skills.
Pros
1 meal included per day
Employment that will give you experience
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 29, 2017
You will gain a lot of experience working with severe mental health issues. This causes the job to be stressful, but is great for increasing experience. Management at this job needs to be improved. The pay is very low for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful, low pay, high demand
Great Experience
Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 26, 2017
This was a great opportunity to do while in school to receive the most supervision based on your case load. your case load was based on the number of residents you had- all trainees had a mentor which was helpful to bounce ideas
Pros
great experience
Cons
stressful
Loved my work - organization poorly run
Coordinator/Direct Service (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 29, 2017
Staff and management inconsistencies not beneficial or therapeutic for residents. Many violations and safety issues overlooked and not addressed.

The only enjoyable part of the job was the positive relationships formed with the clients and being a positive influence in their lives.
Constant Observations and healthy paranoia, plus fun rec. outtings
Team Leader/Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 29, 2017
I revise communication logs to better be aware of what has been going on in the unit, once i arrive to work. I check in with floor staff for any concerns, questions or updates. We serve dinner and take temps. of the food, refrigerators and medication refrigerators. I assist clients with phone calls, laundry and chores. I administer medications at the appropriate times. I provide emotional support when client's feel depressed or anxious. I provide routes for clients to contact their therapist, case managers and seek medical attention. I transition the clients to sleep and check on clients every fifteen minutes to secure their well being.
Supportive co-workers, however, lacks structure
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 23, 2017
Difficult to balance work and life due to no set schedule, and schedule constantly changes. However, clinical director at Pomona is supportive, understanding, and fun to be around.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
being on-call and constant changing schedule
The CEO is phenomenal in her quest to run a quality agency
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 2, 2017
I've never worked for an agency that administration puts so much time, effort and money into training management to be the best that they can be. The expectations are high, but this promotes good supervisory skills. It is refreshing to work for an organization that truly has a goal of providing safe environments for clients and teaching skills for life.
Pros
Respectful environment, excellent benefits and salary.
Cons
Reliant upon county, state and federal funding that can change with the political climate.
Provides Experience in working with Crossover youth
Primary Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 8, 2017
I currently work with a nonprofit organization serving at-risk youth.
My experience includes working with probation and DCFS youth, follow their program for reunification with their families, building rapport with clients, and providing continuous care with the same providers. I work in collaboration with my team to ensure our clients are meeting their treatment goals.
Great first experience into mental health field
Officer of the Day (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed this as a first job out of college. Was able to put education into practice and learn the true limitations of the field. Pay was decently competitive but was not able to sustain a married couple well and the benefits were basic.
There can definitely be some tough days at a group home when some staff are there for the kids and the others really don't care. Just hold on to those that want to leave impact on the youth.
Pros
training, management
Cons
tough role, pay/benefits
Supports the programs administratively
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Program Office Assistant (POA) for Staff Development supported the dept by taking phone calls to scheduling training sessions-this job helped employees update their job related skills when ever needed. Any administrative task undertaking by the Program Office Assistant allowed management to work on necessary new instructions encouraging proficiency in employee skills required by outside contracts and the agency standard. It was a joy getting to meet and support all the different employees of the organization. Hardest part is learning how politics affects the outcome of good working programs within non-profit.
Pros
Good benefits packages offered
Cons
Policy affecting budgets which alter good working programs
A learning environment
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my work experience with this company. It was a learning environment that provided current training to assist staff complete there task while building on staff knowledge.
Pros
some
Cons
some
Great Place!
Event Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 14, 2015
Everyone is great to work with! I was a volunteer for the office so my day to day changed a lot. The other offices I spoke with seemed to have the same fun loving atmosphere.
Pros
Great people, decent hours, and fulfilling work
Cons
honestly cant think of any.