Critter Control Employee Reviews

learn a practical skill set and contribute to community
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 1, 2018
Though applying pesticides and dealing with rodents and vermin isn't considered to be a 'glamorous job', the employees are able to feel a sense of pride knowing that whatever it is they're doing positively affects their clients, allowing them to contribute to community.
Pretty good place to work
Wildlife Biologist/Wildlife Removal Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
You make your own schedule but there are times where you will work long hours and in harsh environmental conditions. You're more of an animal trapper and make minor repairs on structures. Although, there have been a few moments were I get to have teachable moments with clients or used my knowledge of animal behavior to solve problems. The benefits are great.

My management team is awesome. I've heard mixed reviews of others. My manager seems to actually care. Workplace culture is minimal because you don't interact with your coworkers in the district except through group chats and monthly meetings.

The hardest part of the job would be the hours and the initial struggle of ladder work and repair work if you don't have the experience. Training is pretty general. A lot is calling your coworkers for tips. Luckily, most of them come from varying backgrounds. The biggest downfall of the job is that it is commission based. Some of the employees excel and some do not.

The one thing I like is that you can have some flexibility in your work schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons
commission based pay, long hours, working in the elements
Stressful dead end job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
Poor management skills by Evan, the owner who expects too much but doesn’t see it from the ground level. The pay is way less than should before work done and cost of work we do. Management makes false promises and works employees too hard do to lack of staffing. Would never recommend.
Pros
Phone truck
Cons
No benefits. Low pay. Bad management.
Good job if you dont have kids,wife and other expensives to take cate of. Or are just fine not moving up in a career.
Wildlife Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
Was nice at first then after awhile attitudes changed and was able to see how it was operated. Management would talk about their expenses and get upset with employees when we had to pay out of our pockets for gas in their vehicles to check and inspect their jobs.
Pros
Truck and phone
Cons
No career advancement, management.
Catching Animals
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2018
Ther would be a group of 6, driving to a house to seal up.
I have learned a lot about the wildlife, how to prevent animals from entering into homes
The hardest part about working for critter control was removing insulation from small areas in the attic
Pros
the bonuses were great
Cons
there were time we didnt have time for a break
Would never recommend
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXApril 27, 2018
I wouldn't trust any of the "inspectors" in my own home, considering their jobs are advertised as a sales position. Not ethical people. Offices are franchised, I can only speak of the one I worked at.
Good If you enjoy the outdoors
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 23, 2018
Good job if you enjoy working with your hands to solve peoples pest problems. A lot of trap set up and checking, but enjoyable all around especially in the warmer months.
Very friendly work invornment, lot of traveling , great over life experience.
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 25, 2018
Great job enoyed driving and traveling, and dealing with the different types of people's that I meet, and I enjoy the reaction from the customer when you give them great service and good customer service.
Unhealthy work environment
Admn Assistant/ Customer Svc Rep (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 8, 2018
This company is the worst. They are unethical & cheat their employees & customers. The management is awful & takes credit for other peoples work. Very Unfair
If the pay was a bit better I would have stuck around longer.
Wildlife Trapper/Relocation expert (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Great Company to work for. Very supportive of their employees, great training, great culture, they do everything by the book. Overall just a great company to work for. CEO is a great guy and not afraid to work side by side with his employees.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
stressful place to work
Housing Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 25, 2018
management is never on the same page and constantly go back and forth with you and fight with you every day. if you can handle that you pretty much are left alone every day which is nice.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
managment, the things you have to do for this job, the horrible smell all the time.
Lead Foreman
Lead Forman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Learned a lot about pest control, their lively hood, safety, and dangers to humans. Creative restoration of structures that pest destroy. Build structures to prevent their invasion.
Pros
Informative with competitive pay
Cons
Labor intensive
Owner was a con artist
Wildlife Technician/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALFebruary 7, 2018
Loved working with animals and people.

Enjoyed the different environments I was in.

Had my own company truck

Enjoyed working shows for advertising

Very entertaining
Pros
Work
Cons
Owner
Slow No Work
Helper (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Its a good job there just is not enough work available. Only work about 1 day of the week and there is a lot of travel time. I would not recommend it, try Orlando instead.
no lead guaranty
Rollins Corp. - Wildlife Removal Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 23, 2018
it is a full commission with Draw but no guaranty of leads count
with quota to meet every month
if leads are good high sales but you are the seller the and the worker and have a min time response on leads regardless of what work you are in middle of.
Poor Leadership at Franchise
Wildlife Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 23, 2018
My review is of a specific Franchise, that asked me to help build a failing satellite office. The position was misrepresented, as was the potential for growth with very limited support. My word of advice is to get every possible detail in writing. Hand shakes and "trust me" do not mean a thing, and it was foolish to think it did.
Pros
Working Independently
Compensation
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pennville, INNovember 2, 2017
You are on the road a lot and being in the attics during the spring/summer season is really hot. The raye was a daily rate and no one could live on this, this is a good position for an active person in retirement or no need of benefits and decent living pay.
Wildlife Removal
Wildlife Biologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2017
Great place to be if you enjoy a little bit of suburbs and city and still enjoy dealing with wildlife and helping people. Requirements are fairly relaxed, but stressed. Commission pay so its great if you don't mind working. The worst parts are unpredictable days almost all the time. Other than that from the workers to management, pay and compensation, its an amazing company to work for and there are plenty of advancement opportunities if your willing to put in the time and effort.
great
Home Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2017
great place to work, family is everything to the owner arthuro
plenty room for growth and pay is decent. as long as you work you do fine at this job..
hard work with decent pay
Wildlife Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, ALAugust 7, 2017
An average work day consists of 8 hours of manual labor with tasks ranging form but not limited to: construction, checking and baiting wildlife traps, killing animals, cleaning up feces and releasing animals back into wildlife.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits