CRM Rental Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not recommend this place. Cut throat environment and unapproachable upper management.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 14, 2018
I was warned but did not listen. Sounded very reputable upon first research then once you’re in, it’s a totally different ballgame. There is no discretion between anyone. You are made to feel inferior despite going above and beyond. There is no gratitude for all you do, they only focus on errors if any are made even when one wasn’t provided with the necessary materials. Somehow that also becomes your fault.
Great working environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYApril 13, 2018
All the staff at CRM are great to work with. A positive and team working environment. Always feel you have the support of management. Couldn't ask for a better place to work!
great
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYApril 12, 2018
Great company, Great management, great people, highly trained
absolutely professional, family and a great team.
knowledgeable, well trained. great...
Pros
great
Cons
excellent
Good employees, bad upper management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 5, 2018
During my time working at CRM, I worked with some great co workers. Very hard working people trying to do their best to make the property the best it could be. Too bad that upper management didn’t recognize the effort. Property manager was great and tried to help change things for the better but Regional and President of the company got rid of him. That is the problem with upper management. They would constantly change policy and then when the change didn’t work, they would fire the lowest person on the “totem poll”... i.e. the office manager. Staff was always working in constant fear of being fired without warning. I now work for a different property management company that appreciates the work that I do and I don’t miss CRM.
Pros
Tenants, other staff and benefits
Cons
Upper management
Nice tenants horrible management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 30, 2018
Non stop phone calls allows for constant interruptions and lack of focus on work. Understaffed Office w/ no maintenance on Properties. Well there was maintenance but nothing got done!! Property Manager was clueless and often blew things off! Secret meetings with managers not being involved. Cut throat work environment, no support, was often told to refer to a office manual when I asked questions. Gone and wouldn’t look back! It’s like a breath of fresh air!! The residents of the property were pretty cool.... I feel bad for the constant turnover of management for this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Literally everything else
Fast paced and challenging employment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYMarch 29, 2018
CRM is a wonderful place to work. I left another Property Management Company and CRM is hands down a better place to work. I joke about being spoiled since I have so many people who handle projects that I had to do alone at my previous employment. CRM is not a place for someone who just wants a pay check. This is a place for someone who looking for a career. I am a seasoned Property Manger and I am thrilled to be part of this wonderful organization. I am proud of the properties we manage. CRM is not afraid of putting money back into their properties and that makes managing them much easier. If anyone is looking for employment come join our wonderful team .... feels more like a family!
Pros
Support and Professionalism
Cons
Dealing ewth government regulations
Fast paced, never a dull moment!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Utica / Rome areaMarch 28, 2018
In a busy office such as this, there is always plenty to accomplish and to learn if you are willing to put in the effort! CRM Rental Management, Inc. is expanding its presence in CNY, striving to become the premier property management entity in the region; sometimes taking on sizeable challenges in the process. This means there are ample oppourunities for anyone looking to develop professionally. A typical day often means changing gears several times, re-prioritizing the tasks at hand to complete more critical items first. The days fly by, which I enjoy. My manager understands that, while challenges can be exhilarating, sometimes I need to take a moment to catch up. When I look around me, I see numerous Team Members throughout the organization who are hard-working, talented, and dedicated professionals who have been with the company for many years. I think that speaks for itself!
Pros
excellent benefits!
Cons
no flex-schedule
Property Manager/Compliance (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYMarch 28, 2018
CRM is a wonderful place to work. Everyone works together as a team and is always willing to help and offer trainings for better improvement. I would recommend to anyone looking to work in the housing business to apply at CRM.
Management and all employees are a joy to work with.
The Best
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYMarch 17, 2018
CRM is a fast paced and growing organization, full of changes and opportunities. Every year advancements are being made as the company is expanding and they listen to their employees. Healthcare hasn't increased and CRM pays 90% of the bcbs medical which is a huge benefit and they recently added another holiday for us for our birthday! They have many discounts and perks! They invest in their employees and provide us with additional annual training and endless opportunities. Everyday I walk away learning something new and I thoroughly enjoy the daily challenges. Coworkers are friendly and supporting and the supervisors are always there to listen and have their doors open. I am please with the managers as they care about the company, it's vision and mission. There seems to be some negative reviews here and to be honest it probably stems from those who weren't acceptable to growth/change or one who really wasn't devoted or dedicated. I am impressed with all the company does for it's employees...
Pros
Benefits, hours, challenges, opportunity for growth
CRM Albany region
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYOctober 25, 2017
Worked for the company for a short time. CRM is a company that is making changes towards the right direction. They are however 10-15 years behind most good management companies.

Staff is not trained to look at their jobs with the understanding you earn your paycheck. Most are allowed to collect a free paycheck.

Property manager in Albany region was very untruthful to employees. Also turned blind eye to many deficiencies. The property manager couldn't recognize a good employee from bad.

CRM could be a great company but they need to clean house on employees who have become "Comfortable." I did work with an employee who was at one property for 16 years and she was fantastic at her job.

I would not recommend working for CRM. There are companies that truly know what they are doing. I now work for that company. It is like a fresh breath of air.
Pros
You don't have to earn your paycheck. You can sit on your butt all day.
Cons
The good employees are look down on.
A great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day is a busy and challenging one, but there is always learning something new every day - which is one of the best things about CRM. In addition to the great benefits, CRM offers great opportunities and there is plenty of room for growth and personal development. The people, the atmosphere, the camaraderie, the teamwork is something that CRM is known for. I respect my supervisors and they respect and motivate me. Great place to work!
Pros
Many incentives, Great benefits, Team and Family Oriented
Great environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  StatewideAugust 18, 2017
It is a very fast paced and dynamic business through interaction with multitudes of personalities from contractors to tenants. The CRM culture is such that if your are open minded and willing to learn there is a lot of room to grow without feeling undue stress from management. There is always someone there to help.
Pros
Good culture/positive growth mindset/not stuck in their ways
Cons
Dealing with the changing rules and quidelines of federally and state funded housing.
great place to grows
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 13, 2015
paperwork, computer work(bosten post) supervising 3 to 6 workers. on day to day work as well as projects.
Always teaching and learning. A 200 unit hud property that is tax credit. making ready for REAC inspections. Dealing with contractors and all that comes with that.
Pros
company truck
Cons
mid level management
extreamly busy
Office Manager Kennedy Plaza Apartments (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 7, 2014
Very busy office ,sometimes hard to get your work done due to constant interuptions
Pros
co worker
Cons
constant interuptions
Challenging
Office Manager/ Certified Occupancy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 15, 2014
• Day to day on site operations and management of the tenants, maintenance, and HUD regulated resident certifications.
• Assist the area/regional Property Manager with special reports and administrative duties.
• Handles the collection of rents and Monthly HUD voucher submissions, and software compliance.
• Assists attorney and Property Manager with any rental collection/legal proceedings.
• Maintain all office and tenant files.
• Tenant relations and overall on-sight management
• Process tenant move-in and move-out reports and documentation.
• Prepare and process new lease and yearly lease renewals.
• Prepare and maintain monthly reports along with Month Closing.
• LIHTC experience in compliance with rules and regulations. Conduct all business in accordance with company Policies and Procedures, HUD Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
Pros
Self awarding
Benefits
Overall a good company
Property Manager/ Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMarch 10, 2014
A typical day for me was managing maintenance/ office staff and addressing resident concerns. I learned a great deal while employed with CRM. Some of which are communication, critical thinking, and people/ asset management skills.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the fruits of my labor and making residents happy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with government agencies
Pros
good benifits and a family centric atmosphere
Cons
non uniform hours
Terrible place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYSeptember 3, 2013
horrible management
condescending
demeaning
hold you down if your smarter than your boss
no flexibility
horrible hours
micro managing
pay is horrible
benefits are horrible for a priv company
unethical
no work life balance
Good company but slow wage advancements
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 18, 2013
They will work with you if you need time off by changing days for that week or other arrangements. Sometimes sudden deadlines and work completion time is implemented. Overall job security is good as long as you get your job done everything will be good. You get half hour lunches, and two 15 minute breaks. Sometimes requires work at other properties, transportation or gas reimbursement is not provided.
Pros
work shift, benefits, provided uniforms, free housing if residential manager
Cons
very slow on wage increase, sometimes bad working environments some sites
A great place to work.
Office Management/Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 28, 2013
A normal day at the office was filled with a lot of phone calls and paperwork. I did IR's which is a rent change due to a change in income, and AR's which are new yearly leases. I have learned how to work on different websites and follow their programs. One of the hardest parts of the job was when I had to evict tenants or tell applicants they did not qualify to live at the complex. I enjoyed everyone I worked with and how hard we all worked together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to move a family into their new apartment.
Pros
1 hour lunches, family oriented and had some wonderful people to work with.
Cons
not being employed there anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRM Rental Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CRM Rental Management, Inc. Reviews by Location