Crop Production Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJuly 9, 2018
It was stressful because of the Administrative Manager. She was not qualified for the job she had & made working there miserable. Otherwise, it was great.
Team environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHJune 27, 2018
The branch has a good team environment. The hours can be long in the peak busy season. Safety is always the first priority. Hours can be flexible outside of the busy season.
Na
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 19, 2018
Good for the fast-paced environment, pay needs to be better to keep employees. On the upside however, the benefits are great. 401K, life insurance etc. Minimal work-life balance during the busy season.
Job security and benefits.
Dry Fertilizer Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 4, 2018
I am quite happy with the job security, benefits options and coworkers, though I am rather unhappy with the pay considering my responsibilities, licensure and experience. The work is fast paced during the busy seasons and slow during the down seasons. The slow days are perfect for catching up with maintenance.
Pros
Paid training. Job security. Insurance.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities. Rate of pay is low for my licensure and responsibilities.
good people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vernalis, CAMay 31, 2018
Responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of payables, Reconciliation of counter sales and orders, process all incoming payment requests and bills for payment, handle all vendor intake, create product requests and stock transfers for needed material, assist with dispatching and deliveries, facilitate all inter-company product transfers, answer all incoming calls, maintain all customer files and permits, manage general office duties and all aspects of customer service.
fun place to work
Tireman (Former Employee) –  Marked Tree, ARMay 28, 2018
The people I worked with were like family
I would start off slow in the shop but it got quit busy in the mid morning and stayed that way all day till quitting time
Very good
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grady, ARMay 24, 2018
Awesome place to work at. I would recommend people to go there for work. Great opportunity within the work place to improve and relocate if you would like to
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Had to go home
fun work environment
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  tyrone paMay 7, 2018
Fun place to work, fair supervisors and was very educational in farming industry. honed my customer service skills and navigational skills as well. Would reccomend
Fast paced fun job!
Seasonal Hand (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYMay 6, 2018
Good place to work. fast paced and a lot of outdoors work. Makes you improve your prioritizing skills to be successful. The co-workers were nice and it was important to be a team.
Pros
easy work
Cons
Low wages
Was a good place to work at times
Crop Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flora, ILApril 19, 2018
I feel that the turnover rate at this place is high because some employees are given major account while others are out there trying to build their books of business by hard work. Management was always praising people with big sales numbers, however most of them where handed to them in the beginning.
benefits
Cons
long hours in the busy time
The people are good.
A/P Expense Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 17, 2018
This is a large company and sometimes it feels like they look more at the $$$ then their people's needs. The staff are all very smart and kind but the management is often clueless.
Pros
People
Cons
Part-time/temporary truck driver (Current Employee) –  Bancroft IDApril 13, 2018
The workers and the sight manager at Crop Production (soon to be called Nutrien) are fantastic to work with and to work for. The manager above the sight manager tends to be cheap and won't allow the pay scale to increase which makes things a little hard to live on. Overall, I love working here and the workers are great.
Pros
The people
Cons
Sometimes dusty and the pay scale
stressful
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bernie, MOMarch 23, 2018
very unorganized,pay is poor,other employees complaining about job and company makes for a very poor work atmosphere,no room for advancement,manager does try to keep you happy.
Pros
manager
Cons
pay
Loved working for CPS
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my work at CPS. I was there on a temp basis but would love to go back if there was an opening. Great people and management. The benefits looked to be the best.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Was a temp position
Poor work environment with low wages
Manager, Operations Compliance (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Crop Production Services Corporate seemed like a great company to work for at the start. That is with training, travel and potential. However, as you get into the job you start to see things that really don't make a lot of sense and their is a lot of competing against each other. The company does not foster team working within the organization. I also noticed that there is a lot of back alley talk in the corporate office. I heard the words "I can't talk about it" way to much. I felt like I had to look over my shoulder way to much as well. The position that I filled was also way underpaid to comparable positions else where. I do not recommend working this company.
Great Work Environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 31, 2018
CPS is by far the best company that I have been employed at. During the spring hours it can get very hectic and you will be required to work overtime. Often I will have to load trucks if the staff is tied up. Management is laid back, customers are great and I think of my co-workers as family.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very little room for advancement without relocating
Great learning experience
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Great learning experience. A lot of help. Patient co-workers and bosses. Learning something new everyday. Great environment. Beautiful views. Lots of hours.
your just a number in the corporate system
Applicator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 19, 2018
I've worked for CPS for over ten years and if you are good at your position then you will never advance. Kind of a "can't afford to move you because we wont find a replacement" deal. My coworkers and manager were great to work with but we're all from a small close community and know each other. Every plant around is understaffed and that leads to it being nearly impossible to take time off from april to august (the best time of the year).
Horrible
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Morrisonville, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I had wanted to try new thing at this internship and I just ended up doing the same things that I had done before. Did not learn much from this "learning experience".
productive always something to do
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, KYJanuary 9, 2018
they are extremely busy and you have a lot of papers that need to be filed for three to four months out of the year other then that they are laid back and will help with whatever you need they are super close to each other and are very understanding of your needs
Pros
laid back will help you succeed
Cons
temporary