CroppMetcalfe Employee Reviews

Great HVAC company to work for.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 9, 2019
Interviewed and got got hired at 4 other companies when I chose CroppMetcalfe. CroppMetcalfe was the only company out of the 5 that had real training and helps with getting you journeyman’s license once you finish their CroppMetcalfe Academy. The other places wanted me to learn on the go. Also, they were the only company that didn't require me to be a salesperson. They just want me to be the best technician I can be. The great part about it is that they are helping and pushing me to be my best. Great company for anyone who wants to be a top technician. The company is great at training.
Pros
Constant work. Caring environment.
Cons
You have to have the mindset to want to learn and work. That’s not really a con though.
Fun place to work...company outing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 6, 2018
I enjoy working with the people at croppmetcalfe. Typical date at work is ok. I learned how to dispatch technician. Hardest part of the job is when you have an irate customer and you can't please her/him and sometimes showing empathy makes them more irate and they're being sarcastic.
All talk
HVAC Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDNovember 6, 2018
This company will work you like a slave. They always have excuses for not giving raises and when you do get one it's very low. You'll never be able to spend time with your family unless you sit behind a desk. All levels of communication are terrible. Croppmetcalfe is one of the worst companies to excel in. This company is all about selling and how much money you can make them. Salesmen are ridiculous. They make you buy uniforms. There always take extra money from your check. Make Croppmetcalfe your last option!!
Pros
Education
Cons
Management, salesmen, raises, commissions, supplies
November 8, 2018

Our Leadership Team strives to give co-workers the best work/life balance possible, realizing that during the peak season we can be very busy. We have programs put in place for raises with documentation and objective metrics to achieve to receive them as well.

Management is not to be trusted and again NOT to be trusted
technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 24, 2018
They preach a lifestyle and culture they don’t live by and they should
I am task oriented person with years of experience to draw from
but they (the company) would rely on inexperience people to fill there
positions and pay them less and it shows.

now lets talk about the clients for a bit if you do business with this
company you are going to find that technicians are late or
don't show up at all and believe me this is a fact and this 95%
of the time not the technicians fault because of the way they
(the company) dispatches there services to the client
it will always be that way unless they (the company) revamps
there system.(my guess is that they will not lol)

I never thought I would have to deal with a passive-aggressive
manager but yep they have one. This is one of many issues
and employee has to deal with but not me.

please if you are looking for employment or a new skill
please choose another company this will save you time and
heartache down the road for both men and women
Pros
I am trying to think of one and i just can't
Cons
too many cons management, dispatch, unskilled labor
November 2, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to leave this review. Specifically regarding our dispatching practices, we are constantly trying to improve in this area to better serve our customers and co-workers.

While a few of your other comments were not very specific, we believe we have an exceptional management team that takes an honest interest in helping our co-workers learn and grow.

terrible hostile atmosphere and poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 28, 2018
This was one of the WORST jobs I've had. Co-workers were under so much stress that everyone was upset or angry all the time. They are chronically understaffed and have force mandatory overtime to compensate. The upper management is conceited and exclusionary, there is virtually no room for advancement and raises are non-existent.
Pros
Cons
management
November 2, 2018

Regarding staffing, we are constantly looking for new co-workers who are a good fit for the team. While certain times of the year are busier than others (true of most companies) we have practices set in place so there is still work/life balance and co-workers are not overworked.

We have also have several managers that started in the field or as coordinators and we are always looking to promote from within and raises are given when warranted during reviews or when merit-based.

Chris Blevins is not to be trust
A/C Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 18, 2018
He brings this company down. They don’t not give raises. $50 Christmas bonus is a jokes. They preach a lifestyle and culture they don’t live by. The way route are setup are just makes no sense. Compensation rate on commission takes almost 2 months to receive after job is complete. That’s if they don’t forget than it adds another month bc management don’t want to have record of commission payment discrepancies against them on file. H/R is another complaint box on a wall that is neglected and never really address bc they are so passive-aggressive.
Pros
I quit
Cons
I worked there
November 5, 2018

We have a documented process for commissions and raises and try our hardest to make sure our co-workers can reach their own personal and career goals. If you have other feedback you would like to share, please visit our website and we would be happy to review your comments in more detail.

fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 17, 2018
Everyone was fun and everyday was exciting. Always something new going on in the work place. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an entry level job
I would not recommend this company!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 17, 2018
The company is one of the lowest paying companies in the DMV area.

Management there changes there mind all the time. There are no process set in place.

Company is quick to fire you.

I would not recommend anyone to work there!!
Pros
Co-Workers
November 5, 2018

Our leadership team's style is to try and coach co-workers along the way and do everything in our power to make sure each co-worker is as successful as possible. We have a documented pay structure in most cases can show each co-worker how they can expect to grow and what is expected from them at every level.

Good multi-service company
Residential HVAC Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CroppMetcalfe and got along well, I think, with my coworkers and immediate supervisor. But as an HVAC Technician, I did not sell enough HVAC policy upgrades, parts and services and hardly any Pest Control, Plumbing or Electrical policies. I was let go for not bringing in enough revenue. I have no hard feelings or regrets. I learned a lot in the short time I worked at CM and I understand that as a large services company, they have a lot of expenses and overhead. If you're looking to be an overall service tech, I would recommend CroppMetcalfe. If you want to stick to one field, you might feel pressure to upsell HVAC stuff and sell service policies for other services.
Pros
Benefits, advancement possibilities, work culture
Cons
Pressure to sell both HVAC & non-HVAC products and services
Best place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 26, 2018
CROPPMETCALFE has been an absolute blessing to me and my growth within the heating and cooling industry. BEING recognized for hard work and determination is something that this company takes a lot of pride in. Everyone from the directors down to the field staff is considered family to me and I could not imagine ever going to work for someone else.
Plenty of oppertunities for growth and advancement
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 26, 2018
I never thought I'd recieve have the training to grow so quickly at croppmetcalfe! I have recieved far more oppertunities here, than at any other company! The pay is great, and you are the only one who can hold yourself back. They offer schooling, specialty training classes from manufacturers such as comfortguard and Aprilaire as well as NATE certifications.
Pros
Great work/life balance, quick growth and excellent training
good team to work with
Va - HVAC Service tech (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 5, 2018
the team leaders and your coworkers are always happy to help and are always trying to improve. the management however is fairly lackluster, only focusing on the profit margin when making decisions
Not good celery
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 17, 2018
I had a good time there got some experience my goats from an on and off if you want to doi will like to recommend people to go there for starting point
great company to learn but doesnt pay
Install Helper (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 17, 2017
this company is great because they want their employees to give you a chance to learn a trade to better help them, but on the down side they dont pay much.
I would recommend this job to any one.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2017
There is nothing bad about CroppMetcalfe. But I would Highly recommend this company to anyone. They are fair with everything. The have very good benefits and 401k.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
They give lots of time for you, becausr you help them.
Family
Field Support (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VASeptember 18, 2017
It is reassuring to work for a company who takes pride in their commitment to their employees as much as their customers. Having been a part of the CroppMetcalfe family for over 16 years I have been provided numerous opportunities to grow both personally as well as professionally while having a stable foundation to provide for my family. At the end of the day there is something to be said for a company of this size whose ownership knows the name of ALL of their employees!
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Job Stability, Opportunities for Advancement, Family Atmosphere
Stand out company in our industry.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VASeptember 13, 2017
Finding an employer in our industry that conducts themselves like CroppMetcalfe is a rare thing. They actually value their co-workers. There is a culture of honesty, integrity and openness that is refreshing. Our line of work can be hard, stressful and demanding at times. It can strain both our professional and personal lives. CroppMetcalfe understands this and treats each co-worker with care. They value family and constantly make sure that our personal and professional lives are balanced accordingly.
Pros
Excellent benefits, consistent industry training, great community ties.
Great Culture
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 13, 2017
Great Culture! Great Co-workers! The company does a lot for employee appreciation as i am always looking forward to an event here.I have met some great people and learnt new things.
However, Paid Time Off and some policies need to be reviewed.
Pay rate is lower than average for the area. Overall, Good place !!
Pros
Company Activities
Cons
Paid time off is not enough and no sick leave
Outstanding career opportunities
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 13, 2017
Joined the Cropp Metcalfe family to finally achieve a goal I have had for years now. Within the first month of being employed with the company, I was enrolled into Cropp Metcalfe academy, and on my way to finishing my goal. I asked and management/company made it happen. I have been struggling for years to do this while using my Veterans benefits and I finally found a home that takes care of their own. Outstanding place to work... if you are not afraid of work... plenty of hours, plenty of opportunities to learn, and if you enjoy puzzles, come join the Cropp Metcalfe plumbing family.
Pros
Career advancement
I love my job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 8, 2017
CM is seriously an amazing place to work! I love everything about it. Of course the pay could be better but that doesn't go unnoticed in management. I honestly feel that my coworkers are my friends at work and outside of work.
Pros
Great family environment!
Cons
Not eating in the call center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CroppMetcalfe. Our community is ready to answer.