Crosby Energy Services Employee Reviews

good working conditions
Horizonal Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 9, 2019
would rather work days but worked nights ok. Good work pickup. management was very helpful anytime we needed something he was right on top of it. Work was very organized and locations were laid out in very uniform way, which made them much easier to work with. Hardest part of job was keeping motors running in cold weather.
Pros
Good location and roads
Cons
keeping motors running in cold weather
Good company but overall management has issues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 11, 2019
Good company but their advancement needs work, management poorly selected and overall certain areas needs to be overhauled. I felt I had no opportunity to utilize my skills and that was very disheartening cause I really did enjoy other employees and the overall goal of the company.
Benefits
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Productive place to work.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Cotulla, TXDecember 13, 2018
I worked there for two years and it was a very good experience. To work with people that are so understanding and provide the needs and tools at work needed to perform our work out in the field was great. Could’ve have Asked for better people To work for.
Pros
They were understanding on this that we needed.
Cons
Taking your lunch break on the road to save time.
Good, fast growing company
Production Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 6, 2018
Doesn’t have the best benefits in the industry, but overall a good company to work for. Project managers are very helpful and payroll department is very friendly.
good company
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 14, 2018
Crosby is a good starting out company. It is a friendly and team working group company to work for. Has good benefits great 401 K plan. the people are very friendly treat you with respect.
large volume of work
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2018
process revenue receipts for three Limited Partnerships. Reconcile purchaser accounts and bank accounts. Prepare gas balancing worksheets and revenue allocation worksheets. Set up new revenue decks and file maintenance for new purchasers and wells. Four day work week and limited overtime. Close to home, easy commute.
Pros
short workweek and close to home
Cons
small company no chance for advancement
Worked as a contractor and hardly would deal with Crosby
Level II Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 23, 2018
The staff was nice when they were able to be reached. A lot of hours and always on call. I would recommend to gain experience in oil and gas to get your foot in the door.
Gateway to Encana and others.
I&E Service Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TXDecember 18, 2017
For the most part when you work for Crosby, you're working directly for whomever they're contracting you out to. Yes, Crosby has a good culture, but you don't see that if you're working for one of their customers until you have to deal with HR, Insurance, etc. I have nothing negative to say about the staff, management or others.
Pros
Great group of people to work with and/or for.
Micromanaged
Pump and Valve Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Poorly managed, total lack of communication. Micromanaged to the point of not knowing who you are actually suppose to report too. Pay is not on time, pay roll is difficult to talk to, if you ever actually manage to get in touch with them.
Pros
plenty of over time
Cons
everything else
Good to work for if you know how todo your job
Apache/Lease Operator-Pumper (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXDecember 13, 2017
if you know how to do your job and work on your own this is the job for you, doing a lot of work on separators, dump valves, back pressure valves, flares.
Pros
Company truck, cell phone, gas card, Pto, health dental vision, 401K
Cons
Low pay
hard work, good money
Demolition Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
It wasn't a hard job, just hard working. For what I was doing, it was simple but took effort. I enjoyed the work and wish that it could've lasted longer than it did.
It had its ups and downs
Invoice Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAMay 12, 2017
The best part of the job for me was the flexibility in my schedule. My typical day at work pretty much stayed the same and I was okay with that. The workplace itself wasn't bad at all, it had it's ups and downs. It's a contract company so I worked somewhere different than other ppl at the company may work. The management w/in the contract company wasn't always the best and that made things hard. I enjoyed the work I did a lot and would definitely do it again.
Pleasant atmosphere
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 8, 2017
Enjoy working with my co-workers. Management is considerate and helpful. Working 12 hour shifts for 7 days or nights is a good schedule. Learned different computer programs.
Pros
Provide work truck
Oilfield Service
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Company has management issues outside of West Texas office. Management and workers inside West Texas branch were close knit and get the job done. Corporate office is the issue giving no support to branches.
great work enviroment
Rigger/Operator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 7, 2017
great company, managament just doesnt communicate with its employees. when something goes wrong they dont communicate to see exactlty what is going on.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor supervisors
This is a great company
On Sight Representative (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 20, 2016
All you could ever ask for in a company. Everyone is great. From the time I have been hired on until now about to cross over the 5 year mark with them I have not ever had a problem with anyone.
Great Company
Lease Operator/Pumper (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 9, 2017
A remarkable company that I enjoyed working for. They never harassed you, always understood and valued your performance. Great pay with good benefits.
Good place to start with major oil companys
Flowback Hand (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXMay 9, 2016
Various job opportunities within the company. Working for some of the US major oil companies, excellent long term benefits (When hired on with major oil company)
New company with good opportunites
Operator (Current Employee) –  Tilden, TXMay 11, 2016
Fairly new company that is trying to take care of their employees. Friendly co-workers and management. A great company to gain some experience
Pros
Job location is close to home
good job
Lead Oil Production Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 2, 2017
good pay worked 7 on 7 off. sometimes could have long hours worked 10-12 hours a day most days. A lot of paperwork to do. Drove company vehicle. worked holidays at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crosby Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Crosby Energy Services Reviews by Location