Cross Company Employee Reviews

Family friendly, great learning opportunities, people who care
Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 12, 2017
I have been extraordinarily impressed with everyone I work with at Cross. The employee ownership culture is amazing- it isn't just a job for most people that work here. Beyond the culture employee ownership creates, the financial benefits of it are huge if you stay at the company long term. The associates seem to truly care about their work, their co-workers, and the company, and that makes a big difference. The management team is very open and transparent about company strategy, financials, and performance which is refreshing and rare these days. I have been given ample opportunity to learn and grow in my role and love that employee development is given such a high priority. With as much time as people spend at work, you want it to be a place that is comfortable, engaging, and lets you know that they care. I have definitely found that here and I'm so happy to have found my work family!
Pros
100% employee-owned, great benefits, great culture, strong vision and leadership
Cons
Company is based in the Southeast so if you need to have flexible geography, that could be tough.
Good people to work with.
INSIDE SALES (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2017
Good atmosphere. Relaxed. Busy and sometimes stressful. Additional customer skills and attention to detail have been learned as a result of my employment here,
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 21, 2017
While company was the original family owned JMT, work was extremely pleasant and I looked forward to work each day.
After the company was bought out by Cross Company, the family atmosphere disappeared and employees just became a number. There were major layoffs in 2000 due to recession and company merger from JMT to Cross becoming Cross Automation
Pros
Benefits and vacation hours
Cons
Ceo
Cross Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 2, 2016
I worked at Cross Company for 37 years, mostly as a Secretary or Administrative Assistant. I also did some inventory control and various clerical duties in the beginning. This was a job where I felt like everyone was family and I truly enjoyed being there. I worked for six executives from the CEO and on down. I was close to most of the people I worked for and with and was very sad to leave the company. Cross fell on hard times during the recession and myself and many others were downsized in 2008/2009.
Relaxed work environment
Inventory Control/Planner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 30, 2013
Maintain levels of inventory from more than 20 vendors. Receive inventory, return wrong shipped products, check prices, resolve purchase order discrepancies, handle annual returns and other items as they arise. I enjoyed the people I worked with both internally and externally. It was a good mix of phone, pc and hands on work where no 2 days were the same.
Pros
Very flexible with family needs and employee owned
Cons
Pay was on the low end
Great place to work, with quality production
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2013
Great place to work, we build quality equipment for a variety of applications. We construct hydraulic power units from the ground up using fabrication and welding skills. The employees are friendly and easy to get along with.