Cross Country Healthcare
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Cross Country Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States141 reviews

Nice place to work.

All positions have ups and downs. I've learned a lot and respect the work this company does. I love helping people and this is a customer service base position.

Great Place to Work

Cross Country Healthcare is a great place to work. Everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I have learned a lot about the healthcare industry as well as learned many skills to help grow my own abilities to succeed in the corporate world.

Pros

Great culture, open door policy managers

Cons

They have been firing many employees so this causes anxiety

June 28, 2022
We love hearing when our employees are happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Cross Country Healthcare.

Cross Country Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Fun Place

This company is fantastic to work for. Great pay and benefits. Friendly environment. They truly value their employees. Managers are always engaged which is a great benefit.

June 13, 2022
We greatly appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to watching our employees shine!

Just don’t work for this company

Very clique and if management does not like you, just leave. The worst company I have ever worked for. They have a nice pitch but when you get in you will be sorry.

May 3, 2022
We are disappointed to read your review and take all feedback such as yours very seriously. We continually strive to improve our workplace. Please reach out to discuss this matter confidentially at your earliest convenience by emailing HRHelp@crosscountry.com.

Nothing is good at this company

No respect, micro managing attitude, boys club, no place to grow, countless hours and it is never enough. Management can't support the growth and totally lost in their own way. New people can't adapt

May 31, 2022

Don't do it

Was sold a dream like everyone else in the reviews. It's a good place to start for professionals with no experience in their particular field. Gain some experience then leave.

May 3, 2022
We are deeply sorry to discover that you didn't have the best experience at Cross Country. Please help us fix this issue going forward by emailing HRHelp@crosscountry.com. Your concerns are very important to us.

Don’t do it!

Do not work here as a recruiter. They make it sound really nice during your interview, but it is awful. Micromanaged and told you weren’t working when in fact you haven’t left your desk! They love to hand out write ups and threaten to terminate you for not booking as many nurses as they want. They hire too many recruiters which makes your job even harder, because of competition. They promote under qualified “favorites”. The blonde witch holds meetings every week to intimidate you, and threaten your job and make you feel worthless. Followed by a good old write up. Even tho you’ve given it your all, it’s not good enough for them. If you enjoyed high school drama, then you will love it here.

May 3, 2022
We regret to hear that your experience working with us has not been a positive one. We hope you allow us the opportunity to learn and grow from your experience.

I enjoyed working for Cross Country

Overall good place to work, any problem that came up was taken care of by email with 24-48 hours. Any time off requests are honored, and no questions are asked about call outs or sick days, but with no PTO or sick time available, you don't want many of those to occur.

Pros

Work life balance, good compensation

Cons

No PTO, sick days, etc

May 3, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working with us. We hope you will continue to look to us for future career opportunities.

Great place to work with advancement opportunities

I’m currently working remotely as a Jr Recruiter at CC Healthcare. Initial interview was through indeed which was a video call screening. Next was a phone screen with a recruiter, who then set me up for a zoom interview with the hiring manager. The overall process was great, final interview was straight to the point about my experiences and plans for the next few years. Training is great. Job is perfect for anyone with customer service experience and average or above computer literacy.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Fixed schedule

Don’t work here !!

When you start orientation there is about 100 people on the call. If you don’t meet the requirements on point they will fire you. They are not understanding, they over work you. DONT WORK HERE AS A RECRUITER.

Pros

Remote

Great

Great to work for. I to be able to work from home. I like the team I am on and how helpful my managers are as well as my team members. Very understanding ofy home life.

February 23, 2022
We love hearing when our employees are happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at cross Country Healthcare!

This is an awesome and fair company to work for.

I absolutely love this company. They are always there when you need them. We contract through the health department, and it’s honestly the best job I have ever had.

Pros

Very professional, and compassionate people, great pay, great hours.

Cons

I don’t have any cons

February 23, 2022
We love hearing when our employees are happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Cross Country Healthcare!

Great pay for my role, as well as adequate assignments.

Great pay for my role, as well as adequate assignments. Always seeking ways to benefit me in my role, as well as my pay. Communication is a little skewed, but overall a good company to work for.

Pros

Daily, weekly, biweekly pay-you choose Detailed information of the assignment before start date

Cons

Healthcare Sometimes poor communication, reporting to several recruiters

February 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working with Cross Country Healthcare. We hope you will continue to look to us for future career opportunities.

Great management, great job, great benefits. You can work from home which is PERFECT. I hope I can retire from this company some day. I love it. It’s a fun job! I don’t mind getting up and working!

Pros

Bonus and commission

Cons

Favoritism in management and it’s very obvious

February 23, 2022

A lot of work required work after hours to meet deadlines

Overall review is that they are a good company just a lot of work and sometimes after hours. This is requiring additional charachers so I'm typing more to meet the minimum characters.

February 23, 2022
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate it and wish you the best in all your future career endeavors.

A lot of work that doesn’t match pay!

I worked for the company about six years and they only give opportunities to unqualified friends and and family. The only person that promotes based on work ethic retired from the company this year. She seemed to be a fair person. They have so many hard working people who feel stuck afraid to leave because they’re comfortable. Most people complain about the pay, because as a billion dollar company they don’t compensate well. They claim to want to provide a workplace with inclusion and no discrimination, but it’s happening everyday. As usual the little people do more work and get paid less. You have adults being paid as teenagers. Most people that leave the company have a real opportunity to grow and obtain better positions. I can only be grateful for the experience. If you can work for Cross Country you will be equipped to work in a high pace, heavy workload environment.

Pros

Working remote. Free bagels when we were in the office. Accepting of family emergencies.

Cons

No more than a 2% and 3% raise per year. Nepotism and favoritism

Remote Work - Friendly Environment - Work Family Unity

I am green to CCH, but thus far, everything is going well. Those I have interacted with are cordial and friendly. The team I was paired with is new to CCH, and the client we are assigned to is also new. This is a good thing because it allows us to learn and grow with CCH and the client. Do not let me scare you. We have 100 percent support from CCH management, who is by our side every step of the way to provide guidance and assistance. Frankly, I enjoy the liberties of figuring matters out and developing methods to help serve our client's needs. Underutilization of full potential, but in all fairness, I am new here

Pros

Remote work - work flexibility - descent pay and benefits

Cons

Underutilization of skillset, but in all fairness, I am new here

Ok but not great

It was great at first but there is a lot of favoritism and cheating. They move people into management roles that couldn't even do the job but went by their looks and favoritism again.

Pros

Paycheck and used to be fun

Cons

Notpicking and poor management that couldnt do the job but became a manager.

Great for starting off

I was unable to obtain a position straight out of school due to lack of experience. That's when I looked into this temp agency. I am forever grateful that they gave me a chance to prove myself and to gain different experiences. I was able to obtain my first assignment the same day after passing my drug test. My recruiter always had assignments for me. It was fun going to different offices. Everyone was always very appreciative and thanked me for my services. The only negative thing about working for a temp agency is that it is difficult obtaining a new apartment or vehicle because companies don't consider temp agencies as stable income.

Pros

pay raise, assignments available, great recruiter

Cons

No temp to perm opportunities, difficulties obtaining an apartment or car because work is " TEMPORARY".

August 13, 2021
We greatly appreciate the positive feedback and wish you the best in your career!

Very professional

Anytime I had a concern it was addressed. They placed me with a good company. Once Covid hit and I had concerns about working alongside my coworkers, they were unable to accommodate but it worked out because most of the permanent employees went to work from home.

Pros

Felt listened to

Cons

No steady assignments in my city

July 26, 2021

Shifts canceled

I thought this would be a good company to work for. However my shifts would get canceled and I was unable to find a replacement at the last minute. They wouldn’t pay for the cancellation and I was out of a paid shift. And also no raise for 3 years!

October 4, 2021
It pains us to hear that your experience at our award-winning staffing company wasn't the best. For us to improve employee satisfaction, we kindly suggest you discuss this matter further by contacting HRHelp@crosscountry.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cross Country Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.4
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.6Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Cross Country Healthcare with

Learn about Cross Country Healthcare in popular locations

• Cross Country Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?