Crosscountry Mortgage, Inc Employee Reviews

Terrible - run away
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJuly 14, 2018
During the interview process I was told I could pick my own schedule, on my first day I was told I could only work 8-5 while I witness others coming in and leaving when ever they like. My daily duties turned out to be nothing as discussed during the interview process. I left a large bank and took a pay cut because I was told I would learn about mortgages and I decided it would be a great opprotunity tolearn something new, take a new direction but I haven't learned anything.

The company has no direction and the only urgency is for sales. There are no reviews or discussions of raises or promotions.

I have been there for 10 months, in my department I've seen 6 people quit 2 people be fired. At one point I was told the CEO was going on a firing rampage and my boss was concerned that I didn't have enought work so she took tasks from other employees and had me do them. The Controller and the CFO also left the company.

It's almost too casual. I see people walking around in basically pajamas.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Too Casual, Poor work ethics, no advancement, no raises, terrible management
Temp Assignment for Startup Office
LOAN COORDINATOR/PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
It was the first office opened in Las Vegas and I was a temp hired to help get the new office going. The company was a good company and the office was brand new so it was great!
Pros
Quiet office I worked in with autonomy
Cons
New office so lots of little issues to deal with but all resolved by now I'm sure
Stay away!!!
Compliance (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHApril 12, 2018
Patients run the insane asylum. Not worth your time. Mentally draining place to work. Disorganized, mismanaged. No accountability. Click-ish. High turn over rate. You name the problem...they got it.
Not run smoothly
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2018
Compensation for sales was in the high-end for local competitors. Unfortunately the leadership at different levels didn't seem to know what the others were doing, and the culture was more bro-fessional than professional.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of Leadership or structure
An amazing company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2018
Wish we didn't have to leave due to marketing issues. Overall a great company. Benefits and PTO are the best and available after 90 days is over. Fast growing and taking over the mortgage business.
Benefits
Cons
Marketing Issues
work life balance is good
Risk assessment team (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMarch 2, 2018
The work life balance as far as time is concerned is good, The casual dress environment is also a nice change from the business world; however; the management team is very hands-off and you should not look for additional training. performance reviews, or pay increases while employed there.

The reason I have stayed is because I need to have the time balance; but both raises I have gotten in all my years here I had to nearly beg for and any time I have asked for a performance review, or additional training, I was blown off.
Pros
Casual dress, good life/work time balance
Cons
No performance reviews, advancement or raises
Bait and Switch
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Dishonesty is the policy at this company. Nothing is as it seems, Even after years of being a good and loyal employee, if you question management, they will get rid of you. (Manage you out) They will make your work environment so horrible and hostile that you just leave. If you try to stay and ask for meeting and reviews they will just make up something about you and fire you and remove you from the building. What company does not even offer an "exit" interview? They do not care about your experience because it is never their fault. Everyone points the finger at someone else instead of taking responsibility for the problems. I have seen so many people fired for no reason at all. Moral is horrible because you are always walking on egg shells and looking over your shoulder fearful that you are next. Lots if gossip and whispering in the hallways. Worse than high school. Most employees are looking for other jobs... turn over is very high!
Pros
food days
Cons
dishonesty is encouraged
would not recommend
Processor (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 3, 2018
poor leadership, terrible training, unrealistic expectations, less than honest management. you are basically on your own and management assumes you can read their mind. if you ask for direction or clarification, it is held against you.
Pros
casual dress
Run for your life!!!
Underwriting New Branch Team (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 2, 2018
This is the worse place I have ever worked. Of course the company will just say the negative reviews are from disgruntled employees, but look how many they have! Where there is smoke, there is fire!
I cannot speak for the many branches but the headquarters in Brecksville, Ohio is the most unorganized, unethical place I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere.

All the other negative reviews about Brecksville are spot on!

It starts at the top and that is where this company lacks. A company is only as good at the ones who lead them and there is no leadership here. Only cut throat, back stabbing principals. None of them do any real work. No mentoring, no training, no coaching, no leading by example. They talk so highly about themselves and the company and unless you drink the Kool-Aid, you will find yourself being walked out by IT and HR for no good reason at all.
nothing but bullies!
HR (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJanuary 31, 2018
place is a joke... execs are full of themselves and liars. they will promise you the world in the interview then cut your throat a few weeks in. horrible place to work. how do they sleep at night with the way they treat people. how the heck did they get best place to work awards? Because they cheated!!! Wonder why they are always hiring? Not because they are "growing"... because the turn over is ridiculous...
Pros
no pros
Good place depending on office
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2018
The company itself isn't great. The benefits are poor compared to many other benefit packages and they don't give you off for all federal holidays. But if you work at the right branch, it can be a great place to be.
Pros
good people, can be fun
Cons
poor benefits, low pay
Summary
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Crosscountry is a great company! The operations department is quick, efficient and professional - 3 important ingredients for a successful sales team!
Stressful place to work and do not give you a chance
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJanuary 4, 2018
I was put into 3 different positions in 8mos, I was never afforded and opportunity to get used to my position. If you do not know the software they use it can be difficult even if you know your job
Pros
Casual dress, remote oppurtunities
Cons
Very high pressure, no time to learn positions
Poor management / hostile environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHDecember 14, 2017
CCM tends to hire managers with limited to no manager experience at all. They do not have training processes in place. Every department is out to make the others look bad, always pointing fingers looking for someone to blame, instead of focusing on how to resolve the issue or work together as a team.
Pros
Pto
Do not wish to Write
Inside Sales Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJNovember 26, 2017
CrossCountry as a whole was a good company to work for. However the offices themselves are run from my experience by un professional managera nd supervisors, No reviews are preformed and job advancement is unlikely to happen while working for them.
High Stress, Low Reward
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 10, 2017
Very in-depth micro-managing, including after hours. Management lacks interactions with employees and sets unachievable expectations. If you enjoy high amounts of unneeded stress, with low reward, this place is for you.
Cons
micro-managing, false promises
Enjoyed the work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VA 24541October 23, 2017
CrossCountry Mortgage is a highly stressful environment which is what I enjoy most about it. I answer phones and emails from customers, loan officers, and underwriters. I do all aspects of loan processing and convey information along the way to the clients and the loan officers. The company as a hole is a good company.
Poor management lack of accountability does not support staff
Remote Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 10, 2017
New Manager in 2017 has driven this place into the ground. no real experience being a UW Manager. Blames mistakes and defects on staff without researching the real story. Hired way too many people and not enough production to go around. Long hours and never a pat on the back. Just a lot of negatives and whining. High turnover. Management does not support the sales staff who is the backbone of the company. Team Leads lack experience in all loan products and provide little to no direction and when they do its wrong information. Definitely a sweat shop!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lack of management skills
IT managment lacked communication and industry skills
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Not a fun place to work. IT management did not know how to steer the team to obtain positive results. constant blame is put on employees when management needed to adjust to company demands.
No support or direction
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 25, 2017
Took a position as a remote underwriter. Training was terrible, very disconnected and lots of assumptions made. Once back home I had little to no support. Spoke to my lead maybe twice in 4 months. Loan quality was terrible, there was never any direction or communication. Seems like there is a high turnover which now makes sense.
Pros
Salary was competitive
Cons
No leadership, No communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crosscountry Mortgage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6