Crossing Borders International Preschool

Crossing Borders International Preschool Employee Reviews

Excelent place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2019
Crossing Borders is an excelent place to work. They give you the opportunity to grow in the field and become more experienced. I would recommend it without a doubt.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Healthcare
March 25, 2019

Thank you! Did you know that more than 50% of our employees have receive a promotion? It is amazing to see how most employees take on the challenge of developing their careers.

Comprehensive Language Education
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2019
Crossing Borders Preschool is such a wonderful place to work. The Language Programs taught to the kids provide necessary information and dynamic activities which make them learn fast and successfully!!
March 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! The effort our teachers put into implementing engaging lesson plans is part of our success.

A great place to grow as a professional
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
I worked in Crossing Borders for 3 years. I started as a Teacher Aide and got promoted to Assistant Director after 5 months.

At the beginning, the company was going through changes (from paper to electronic) so it was a bit of chaos to try to communicate between parents and teachers, and between the staff. After implementing some software and child-care programs, you could see a change in the way the parents trusted the school and the teachers.

If you show great care and attitude, there is a chance you can grow as a professional inside the company. They saw potential in me and gave me a change to prove myself as an Assistant Director.

I miss working in the company terribly. If I hadn't moved I would definitively had continued working with them.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow, Pto
March 21, 2019

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience working at Crossing Borders International Preschool.

We appreciate when our team members notice the improvements implemented.

This review made our day. We miss you too and wish you the best!

A great place to work at if you love early childhood education
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
I started working at Crossing Borders International about 2 years ago. At my previous job, stress and a toxic work environment were rampant.

Working here has given me the opportunity to learn and grow both as an individual and as a person. Every day I come to work, I am excited to see what the day has to bring.

When roadblocks occur, I always feel supported by the owner, Elvia Taylor. She is truly a wonderful individual and is always open to answer questions or help you fix any issues that arise.

I personally have seen how she treats her employees both with understanding and giving them opportunities to grow as teachers and individuals.

I am so happy to work here as previous bosses and work environments were not favorable and appreciate so much my job and peers.

Some have said that no healthcare is a big con for them however, the company has offered the opportunity to bring health benefits. However, many don't sign up for it.

We do have 401 K, 8 paid holidays and PTO that adds more days the longer you are with the company.

For me, coming from retail and other corporate jobs, this is more than I've had before and am satisfied with what they offer in regard to benefits.
Pros
opportunity to grow, close relationship with owner, open door policy
Cons
some of the staff won't speak their grievances therefore it is never solved.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for your comments! We understand that some times can be difficult to say what you truly think about your employer but we appreciate the opportunity to learn where we can improve as a company.

No trattan bien al personal docente , tampoco les dan el valor que se merecen.
Profesora de español PK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Dar el valor a las maestras como seres humanos y como profesionales.
Dar los beneficios correspondientes.
Pros
No hay
Cons
No se
Fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Crossing Borders. It was a great working and learning experience. The staff is really nice. The overall concept is really nice. The only downfall is that they do not offer benefits.
Pros
Wonderful experience, welcoming staff
Cons
No benefits
Stressful environment
Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
I felt overworked and underappreciated. I was looking to being part of a great company, but I was in for a rude awakening. I saw the hardworking staff stressed all of the time. The pay is not fair for all they do. There was also a lack of professional advancement. There needs to be a greater appreciation for daycare and pre-school workers! It is not an easy job!
Cons
Long hours, short lunch, lack of career advancement
The administration of this business is very poor.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2016
It's multicultural. Most of the employees are wonderful.There is No security benefits or health benefits at all,but it's quite a learning experience. The best part of the job is seeing the smile on a child's face when they see you and working with wonderful multicultural people. It's wonderful to feel that you've touched and made a difference in so many people and children's lives.
Pros
You work with many cultures and meet with people from around the world and different countries.
Cons
No healthcare benefits and it's hard to sick leave.
Diverse environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 14, 2016
Never boring! You need to be a fast thinker and willing to adapt to change. Training opportunities available. Love for children required.
Pros
Training available
Cons
No health insurance or paid time off
March 14, 2019

Since this review Crossing Borders International Preschool has added benefits: 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, among other perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossing Borders International Preschool. Our community is ready to answer.

Crossing Borders International Preschool Reviews by Location