CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,735 reviews matching the search See all 3,009 reviews
Great Job
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 18, 2018
Good job willing to train you till you understand what you are doing before going into the stores alone. Will I recommend this job to anyone , YES. It's a dream player job.
Poor leadership
Associate Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 17, 2018
Promotions based on social network instead experience and qualifications. Experience is full of people that are great at executing existing programs instead of those that can build or create them. There has to be a balance of both for a successful organization.
Major Technical issues exists.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 16, 2018
Would have continued to work for this company if the below problems did not exist. They did however, provide me with opportunity to obtain 3-year Food Handler's certification which makes me more marketable in this type of employment,

1. Training very poor due to software issues in time reporting.

2. Supervisor not trained to adequately assist employees with issues.

3. Not enough time allotted for set-up and prep of major cooking
items.

4. Software presents with privacy issues.

Major issue(s) with this company has to do with their software issues and lack of support from field technicians. This presents major problems and frustrations for the employees whom half are retirees (65 and over).
fun to work
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 15, 2018
Sales were easy to maintain as the sampling was an easy part of the job The company does train sales well. The demonstrations were easy to set up but th3 company never cared about cleanliness of employees.
Pros
non
Cons
non
All online, little personal interaction with supervisor
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Peoria AZOctober 15, 2018
I had a horrible experience. The format is to select jobs online and sign up. I never saw my supervisor. Two longtime employees decided that I was bad in some way that was never disclosed to me and turned my supervisor against me. I never had a chance to defend myself. Eventually I got such undesirable jobs that I quit.

There was a lot of driving between locations. But you can pi k the jobs to accept so if you are willing to work less you can reduce the driving.
Pros
Easy
Cons
little personal contact with supervisor
It is okay
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 15, 2018
I worked for Crossmark for 12 years and suddenly the client no longer wanted their services. The job consists of scanning displays in a retail store. When I first started the company was owned by Nielsen and then 5 years later sold to Crossmark. When I started out I made $11 and hour when Crossmark bought the company my pay went down to $10 an hour with a bonus that if you could scan so many SKUs in an allotted amount of time you would get a bonus of $1-$3 depending on how many items you could scan in so much time. But if you do not scan in the time they allot for you than you risk losing you job. I had 3 supervisors in the time I worked for Crossmark and all of them said they would come to my little store with me and evaluate the store. They never came to my store at all. I never met my supervisors face to face.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
If you work in a remote area you are really on your own, low pay with bonuses that are to meet
was fun for the most part
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for crossmark under good management. we were encouraged to get to the floor with our product in a timely manner. The hardest part about being there (other than a terrible manager for the second year I was there) were the holiday events and keeping up with the rush. otherwise, all of it was really fun.
Different job tasks and great supervisors
Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCOctober 12, 2018
I love working for this company. It has built my job status. I will continue to work for this company as long as I am willing. There is so many advantages.
Nice environment to work in, many friendly people.
Talent Attraction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano TexasOctober 11, 2018
Collaborative culture with many friendly people willing to help from the CEO on down. Always room for advancement if someone is willing o work hard and pay attention to detail.
Overall great experience.
Pros
Jobs have flexable work times/days.
The good and bad from my opinion.
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 10, 2018
It was a great place to work but it is a very very cold work place. You couldn't even wear a jacket. The pay was excellent for that type of job. It could get very boring at times.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
very cold work place

Want to know more about CROSSMARK?

Ask a question
I was a lead.
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 10, 2018
I would help people to get their carts out on the floor to demo in a timely manner. The manager didn't even know how to cook. She never could help with questions. She was a back stabber. If you made her angry she would let you know on the floor. I was in charge at night to get all the carts done by myself. Sometimes there were too many and I did 2 hours of overtime and never could claim it.
Pros
Fun cooking
Cons
Bad management
I loved working here
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work. They teach you food safety and equipment safety. You get to travel with this job when necessary, you get to find out about upcoming promotions.
Lots of driving
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  nationwideOctober 8, 2018
Drove to convenience stores to help get products on the shelves. Made my own schedule which was nice. Compensation was poor, was laid off via a phone call where I was in listen mode only.
A stack of lies
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 8, 2018
This company not only out right told us to lie to the customers but lied to us as well. When they came through for reviews you could be doing everything right and youd still be in trouble for something as small as the napkins are slightly bent.
Part time merchandiser
Stocked and did merchandising resets for Kimberly (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 8, 2018
I worked there for 3 yrs as a part time merchandiser, going from store to store in 4 counties setting up products and doing shelf resets and interacting with store personnel.
Fun to pass out food
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEOctober 8, 2018
The boss was not really fun to be around because when she had an aditud she would keep it and take it out on you and some Co workers would talk about you with the boss.
Pros
Passing out free food to customers
Cons
Short breaks
Crossmark has is not the same
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 6, 2018
I’ve been working for crossmark for over two years. It was great at first I liked the work and had a really good manager, but in June I did an internal transfer got a new manager who’s not that great. When I first got to him he didn’t communicate with me I had to email him first. I transferred over in June and didn’t started back working until August because the manager never let me know nothing and said he didn’t know I was a transfer. I only get a few jobs which I spend more in gas going to the job because when I get there the job is done. After today I will be putting in a notice to the company and leaving it’s not worth sitting around waiting for. Today is the first time in weeks I have heard from my manager! You can’t make a living with this, definitely not now I’ve been scheduled for a total of 8 hours one week, but only ended up with an hour being done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay don’t increase, mangers don’t communicate
Busy work environment
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 6, 2018
Going to 2 different foodco grocery stores Doing price checks and resets following the schematic for that day and working with 3 other co workers to get the jobs done
Pros
Busy
Cons
Not very many hours
Great job
Mentor Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 5, 2018
Awesome company to work for, very flexible money is okay, supervisor sometimes are hard to work for, three is not a lot of room for advancement, changes teams often
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No raises, or incentives
Great Supervior. Well run company in senior management. Good company training.
Mentor Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 5, 2018
Meeting people is best part.
Hardest part is deadlines.
Middle management is a bit unrealistic.

As a field mentor I would like more responsibility for decisions

Good training programs. Good work culture.
Hours and stress are set by yourself.

Daily work can be managed by being a self starter and being well organized
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight