Play YouTube video button

CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Found 2,866 reviews matching the search See all 3,180 reviews
Featured review
CROSSMARK selected this as a representative review
Great company
Event Specialist, Demonstrators (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 30, 2018
My manager is a very fair and nice person. Works with everyone on scheduling although she has so many spots to fill each day. Regular hours, no nights.
Pros
6 hour days
Flexible schedule, but no raise.
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  CADecember 19, 2018
I have been with Crossmark for years. I love that I can work on my own schedule, but I have seen different management come and go. Each one had their own demands that sometimes just conflicts with the idea of what a 'flexible' schedule is. Nevertheless, it was great at first with pay, workload, and the schedule. Then the client started wanting us to spend less time working. Quality went down naturally, finished rates of work shot down sharply, for me at least, and as the minimum wage here rose and the prices of everything here inflated....I'm still getting paid the same? Not worth it. Right now it has basically become a side job for extra pocket cash, and I mean it....Pocket cash. So if you are looking for some extra cash, and flexible schedule, sure, this is the job for you. If you need a stable income and good hours, then no. At least for this position anyways.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No raises, low pay, low hours

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

The worst company I ever worked for!
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2018
Crossmark was riddled with lawsuits from employees and would constantly lie when employees filed for unemployement and also drag out the lawsuits till employees gave up.

The Human Resources and Employee Relations team they had were very unprofessional and worked against employees who were already down and out and being mistreated.

The benefits were not poor and they recently stopped matching 401k. Layoffs and losing large clients is also a common thing here.

Crossmark needs to change how they do things: value both your employees and management teams and create a healthy and more productive culture. When your employees are depleted and unhappy, your business will not thrive.
Strive to do better, Crossmark leadership, it's never too late to make positive changes!
November 15, 2018

Hi there. We always strive to be better as an organization. Please contact our Human Resources department so that we can address the concerns you've brought forth here. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Event Specialist Part-time (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 9, 2019
Loved engaging with customers to let them try new products. Learned so much about the products being demoed. Our manager was unreasonable about days needed to work. If you complained you got your hours cut. Hardest part of the job is standing for 6 hrs. If you have problems with standing for long periods, I would not recommend. Manager should not reprimand employees on the floor in front of customers, and or in front of vendors you work along side with.
Pros
Hours good for someone likes Weekend work days.
Cons
Working Holidays, Pay raises were never given. Poor management
January 11, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback. We, as a company, want to create a positive work environment for everyone. Can you please e-mail our Human Resources department directly outlining your concerns so that we are able to assist you? Thank you!

Flexible hours and variations in tasks
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTDecember 20, 2018
This job has a lot of flexibility in scheduling and can be a good fit for a single parent or someone with multiple responsibilities. There is no guarantee of the number of hours per week, so it can be difficult to earn a steady income.
Pros
Flexibility of scheduling
Cons
No support from management and no sick leave or safety net, almost impossible to get a raise or advance in the company

Market Manager
Northwest Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 4, 2018
As a market manager I enjoyed working for Crossmark. I had a home office and was able to set my own schedule. Upper Management, HR was pleasant to work with.
I had a very large geographical territory, which could be very challenging. The only downside to working for this company was that they did not pay management a fair salary for the work load given. Would I work for this company again, the answer is yes.. but I would negotiate a better pay scale.
I very much enjoyed working for Crossmark.
Pros
Home office, flexable schedule, great upper management
Cons
low pay scale for managers, rarely gave raises, very large territories
September 10, 2018

We're glad that you have loved your time here with us at CROSSMARK! Thank you for your feedback!

Nice environment to work in, many friendly people.
Talent Attraction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano TexasOctober 11, 2018
Collaborative culture with many friendly people willing to help from the CEO on down. Always room for advancement if someone is willing o work hard and pay attention to detail.
Overall great experience.
Pros
Jobs have flexable work times/days.
October 23, 2018

We're glad you're loving your role at CROSSMARK! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

my job review of Crossmark
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 27, 2018
I learned more on a daily basis to deal with different personalities.
I learned management is not always fair when dealing with employees.

I liked interacting with customers on one on one basis being able to help them with the features of product to help make the sale. I believe I improved my sales experience with this job.

no job security with this company.
too much turn over with this company.
employees are not valued
Pros
don't think their were any pros (maybe they worked a little with your availability
Cons
short breaks

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Pressured to do well without any incentive.
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 18, 2018
When you're hired in you make about $10.50 an hour, told you'll never be given a raise, and almost no hope of promotion. Some employees are treated better than others and given more hours based on favoritism not on sales. It would make sense if someone did better in sales but there's nothing to let us know whether we are doing a good job or not.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
zero incentive to work hard
October 3, 2018

laid back culture
Operations Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2019
not many advancement opportunities; pay not competitive; work & life balance; great location; senior management accessible and willing to help, overall ok
Do not work here!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 8, 2018
Poor insurance coverage
Low pay
Bad management
Got sick at work
Went to doctor only to be told the insurance was not a good company
Was lied to constantly by supervisiors
Going to give a raise
December 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

the most enjoyable job just not enough hours or days
Demo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2018
i need 40 hours a week or more days they hire new people and cut our hours i love working with people and selling product.the workers are very friendly nice company to work for just need higher pay and more hours in a week I learned allot about food safety and servicing customers telling them about the different products It is a very easy job if you like cooking or even selling the product good to have benifits it is very nice working with the other servers everyone is nice and helpful.the hardest part of the job is standing in one place for so long of a time the managment is great and very helpful if you have any question they are there to help you or even show you. the work place culture is great the only thing is we have two many people for the event sometimes even though the job is great
Pros
selling product and meeting people
Cons
not enough hours
August 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Great company to work for
Nutrition consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrington, NHOctober 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Compensation was decent for the work required. Management was good. No problems. Contract did eventually run out. Would have stayed on except I had to relocate and positions weren't available in the same capacity. When returned to area the whole contract with the Pet stores was terminated. Look
Pros
Work environment. Compensation
Cons
Contract. Eventually ended after 4 years.
Part time....that is all it will ever be!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
I have worked for this company for almost 4 years. I have never received a raise or even a review, even though I complete all my work. Since the transition of merchandisers to the new Walmart team, my hours have been drastically reduced from an average of 20 to 10 a week-if even that. There is no advancement within the company. At best, you are an extension of a Walmart employee. No one really cares about you as a person, only if your tickets are submitted. This is made obvious to you on a weekly basis when the supervisor sends out emails blasts posting who has completed their work. This position is best suited for a retired person.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
No pay raises ever, low mileage reimbursement, too much turnover in supervisors.
August 30, 2018

We value the time and efforts by all our team members as it is their involvement that enables us to achieve our goals. The nature of our business and our client's business is varied, but we are working on a better scheduling system. Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Fast paced, competitive
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 8, 2018
The job was different from day to day. This is because it was doing different food and product demonstrations on a daily basis. There was strict guidelines as to sales goals. Your job was to be a " spur of the moment " point of sale for the product you had to sell that day.

Crossmark is a outside marketing company. We were considered "guest" in whatever store you worked in. The good thing about the job is that you worked at one store you did not have to float unless on occasion there were too many call-outs at a neighboring store.

The hardest part of the job was that you had to work on a rolling display cart. this cart had to be equipped on a daily basis with whatever supplies were needed to perform your "event" for that particular day and item your were promoting.
Pros
High volume of customer contact. Interfacing with a lot of customers.
Cons
NO benefits, no room for advancement, NO full time hours.
August 14, 2018

Overall comfortable
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 3, 2018
This company is an overall enjoyable place to work. The instructions about most assignments are clear, and if for any reason there are questions, my supervisor is usually available right away.
While so far, there hasn't been any room for advancement career wise or financially, I work in a comfortable environment.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
No benefits
November 15, 2018

We're glad you love your role within the CROSSMARK Family! Also - keep an eye out on CROSSMARK Connect for internal job postings if you would like to seek a full time position.

Great Supervior. Well run company in senior management. Good company training.
Mentor Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 5, 2018
Meeting people is best part.
Hardest part is deadlines.
Middle management is a bit unrealistic.

As a field mentor I would like more responsibility for decisions

Good training programs. Good work culture.
Hours and stress are set by yourself.

Daily work can be managed by being a self starter and being well organized
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Deadlines
October 23, 2018

overworked and underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2018
Expectations grow to unrealistic measures. Impossible deadlines and tasks are expected to be solved. Job security is not good. Upper management does not disclose important information such as contract stability. Was layed off and not officially told our contract was outbid to a competitor until last minute. HR announced a severance package and the original statement was very different than what we actually received. After 12 years of dedicated service working 70+ hours a week with extensive travel the company in the end gave me nothing but a dead end.
I would not recommend to anyone that employment here is a good idea. Their work is highly dependent on contract renewals and they often lose their renewal bids due to low biding the client and losing the contract to a competitor. .
Pros
Salary management positions
Cons
Long hours, every weekend, every holiday, no job stability
April 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Constant turnover for a REASON.
Temp PT Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Upon multiple occasions with different sets of management I saw an overburdened few trying to operate while others sat around begging for hours. Constant system glitches made even the simplest of tasks hard to do. The problem is that the corporate part of the company is so stretched out that the local front line employees are left adrift. It is ridiculous to have employees crossing territories hours apart just because the local manager cannot get their profiles set properly in the computer to match their home location. For a company that stresses accountability, they are pretty unorganized.
Nonexistent culture. Executive leadership is disconnected and uninformed
Client Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 5, 2018
A typical day at Crossmark is 9 times out of 10 chaotic and stressful. The reason for that is due to the hundreds of different processes that are in place. Ultimately these are band-aids to fix the real issues. You'll find yourself fighting the system just to get a simple task done and before you know it the day is over. You'll become a profession problem solver after your tenure at Crossmark. On top of that, the company is severely understaffed for the amount of work they're accepting. Drink from the hose!

Management within Crossmark is hit or miss. Some managers care about their team members and want to see their employees succeed. Unfortunately, I've only had the privilege of working with managers that are never present.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
low pay, poor executive leadership, low morale

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Hard work not recognized, incompetent managers, cheapos that don't want to pay employees for their hours worked
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 12, 2018
Hard work not recognized, incompetent supervisor that only cares about keeping her own job, company that treats their employees poorly and don't want to pay employees for their hours worked. They literally will pinch every penny they can out of you and argue over 5$. No raises EVER even if all your stores rate you as 5/5 consistently.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight