Crossmark Employee Reviews

I don't want to do this
Area Manager/Huntington Beach (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I do not want to write these reviews yet you wont let me skip ahead. I have to fill in 150 characters to something that is not important to my job leads now.
Loved this job
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 17, 2018
This job is so fun, as well as easy that I hated leaving, but my application got approved at Sam's Club and I was happy about that. I still see many of my coworkers on a daily basis, since Crossmark is a vendor inside Sam's club.
Pros
Hard to lose your job even though you miss a lot of work
Cons
Standing in one spot for 6 hours is hard
March 2, 2018

We're glad that you have loved your time here with us at CROSSMARK! Thank you for your feedback!

Hated it
Team Lead-Supervisor/Merchandiser/Northern Indiana (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 16, 2018
My supervisor didn't believe in being fair. Constantly took work away from me to give others he like the work. Ran me ragged, poor supervisory skills. Always thought about himself first & for most
March 2, 2018

Hi there. We always strive to be better as an organization and several of the things you mention here are direct violations of company policy. Please contact our Human Resources department so that we can address the concerns you've brought forth here. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Awesome place to work
Demo Food Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 15, 2018
During the beginning of the week usually is slow,but then towards the end of the week you see more shoppers and more interaction. Makes the time go fast. IF you are experienced in customer service and cooking start here.
Pros
Sell Sell Sell

nice! but hard to work.
PRODUCT DEMONSTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
I like working for crossmark, they are really nice and friendly people, but the manager gets on me sometimes. The company is based in Texas but the company ask the employers to work in Sam's club.
Pros
free food.
Cons
health insurance
March 2, 2018

•Thank you for sharing your experience at CROSSMARK. We're glad you loved your role with us!

Excited to start
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 14, 2018
I have just started working for CROSSMARK. I am not sure about the typical day but from what I have heard its pretty normal for merchandising. I was told for the local job I applied for, I will work about 35 hours per week give or take. Dresscode is Business casual, slacks and a polo shirt. I am excited to learn something new. I do know that their training is all online and very thorough.
Pros
paid mileage at.25 a mile between store locations.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and welcome to the team!

Pros/Cons
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 14, 2018
There is no typical day in my position. I have to be able to change my plans for the day in a matter of seconds... Have to be very flexible in my workload but be very organized and be able priorities on a daily basis.
Pros
Enjoy working with my co-workers
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement not working in the corporate office, unless you ask.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Fun fast paced environment and relaxing at the same time.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Working with both Individual and team assignments.
meeting store managers and building relationship was my typical day which I like. management for crossmark was honest.
Nice Company
Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time with CROSSMARK and would work there again. The one thing I didn't like was that my job ended quite suddenly and I did not have time to find another. This was because of a lost contract.

A waste of time
Recruiter II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 12, 2018
With the lack of leadership, inexperienced leadership, & fortitude in the corporate office in Plano, TX I found management to be cowardly people lacking in both originality and consistency. People masquerading around to be someone they are not, frankly, management is confused especially in which direction they want to move. There, I saw many double standards in policies, questionable management practices, frequent interruptions for irrelevant information pertaining to a very small amount of people. I noticed management constantly repeating themselves about issues followed by empty threats. In my time there I saw qualified people overlooked for promotions forcing those employees to switch departments. Many recruiters don't respect management which is another reason why they fail to function as cohesive team. Everyday I saw people not calling candidates or just having 2 -3 hires per week for weeks. Accountability is so abstract or at best subjective if you are targeted. I thought it was unacceptable for management to openly use profanity on the floor and even in meetings, completely unprofessional. There's a dress code policy which is not enforced, at times, I felt like I was working at various stores at a mall, and not the nice malls either. Hard work is under appreciated and many times goes unnoticed unless you say something in morning meetings. Job stability... none I thought I worked for Wal- Mart how they fire people there, especially after they lost Sam's Club contract. If you want to recruit for a company an outstanding company, looking for career progression, or looking  more... for effective management you should look elsewhere. Commonsense is nonexistent. You will find better pay with other companies, learn effective methods for recruiting, and actually like your job. Even the good recruiters leave. Anywhere you find your superior's skill set for your industry inferior to your own in that same field that's bad management right there, you deserve better.  less
Pros
If you are lucky decent pay.
Cons
Management has no direction nor any idea on how to manage.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience - we will be sure to share them with the proper team.

a typical work day
Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 11, 2018
The typical work day is educating customers on products and sales. You work with nice people and they always provide you with training and offer advancement opportunities.

Good job
Data Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 11, 2018
Working at Crossmark was great. I did lots of things including driving around and scanning UPCs. I really did drive all over northern Arizona for them.
March 2, 2018

Worked with a great team
Merchandising Rep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2018
A typical work day with Crossmark was planogram resets. The managers were great and they assisted as much as they could. My co workers all worked as team players.
Pros
paid travel time and mileage
Cons
working in the freezer
March 2, 2018

We're glad that you had a great manager while at CROSSMARK! Thank you for sharing your experience!

working relationship
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2018
typical day simple
I've learned to be flexible
my manager is amazing,
hardest part of job working weekends
meeting nice people, I working no evenings.
March 2, 2018

We're glad you have gained great skills and like the freedom the role offers!

It was okey
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
I would not go back ...before I go back there I would rather be unemployed for sure. They have too much stupid rules and the manager that replace the guy who I really liked she is so shady and since I have left she has fired people just so she could get rid of them.
Pros
You can meet good people
Cons
The manager is just a no good person

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Traveling is one of the best parts
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Crossmark places you in jobs you can adapt to or if you aren't feeling it, you could always transfer to another division/department. Headquarters is based in Texas but Crossmark is spread throughout the u.s.

I was blessed to be apart of the Florida travel team where we traveled thoughout the state repairing and revamping stores - honestly the best job I've ever had. But since the headquarters is in Texas I had to relocate with family to Michigan where I couldn't find the same opportunity. All in all, it's about location.
Pros
Paid hotels, paid mileage after certain distance, food pay for stay in hotel. Practically perfect.
March 2, 2018

We're glad you loved your time at CROSSMARK! Please be sure to keep an eye out for open positions in Michigan - we'd love to have you back!

Former Merchandiser
Former Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 7, 2018
This job was a part time and the pay was low for the work that was required . No drive time pay and the app used to do jobs and submit pictures didn't work right. As well as to many stores to cover and wear and tear on my car.
Pros
Cons
low pay and wear and tear on car
March 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts. We are working to enhance our systems and processes!

na
Met objectives as designated by department manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 7, 2018
didnt not work enough with the company to review them, minimal hour. flexibility. no micro management. some weeks there were no hours probably because of the small town i live in
Pros
n/a

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

poor management, no incentive to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Working for CROSSMARK wasn't a well managed job at all. There was no incentive to work and no job security. One would have to constantly check their schedule even up to an hour before their shift start in fear of the schedule changing last minute to accommodate the managers personal needs.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
unreliable hours, poor management, lack of caring for employees.
March 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Good job that lets you make your own schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 7, 2018
A very well thought out work strategy letting every merchandiser make there own schedule and routes allowing each worker enough freedom to do a better gob overall
March 12, 2018

We're glad you are loving your role and the flexibility that comes with the scheduling!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossmark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight