Crossover Employee Reviews

Very good remote company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 12, 2018
-> You get paid ontime every week in dollars

-> You can easily balance work and personal life

-> Management is very good and understanding

--> You can get leaves whenever you want but need to convey in advance
Pros
Salary, Time management, worklife balance
Cons
No additional benefits
June 14, 2018

We appreciate your review. Thank you. Crossover can be just the opportunity you're looking for if you're excited by 100% remote work, a fast-paced work environment, weekly feedback, and interesting challenges. Glad we have you aboard.

Amazing place to work
Chief Rails Architect (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaFebruary 22, 2018
Fantastic culture, good pay, lets us plan the day and balance work and life in our own style. Only downside is security of job - as nothing is guaranteed and no vacations. Work and get paid.
Pros
Fantastic setup of tools, great culture, Work life balance
Cons
Job security, vacations
June 4, 2018

We're so pleased to hear you like working with Crossover. We have 4400+ partners in over 140 countries and are growing incredibly quickly.

This company as a whole sucks.
Not saying (Former Employee) –  Won’t sayNovember 9, 2017
Pay and people are absolutely horrible. You would be better off becoming homeless and begging for money than working for these rip offs.

Honestly this place is a joke and Software engineers who know there stuff shouldn’t be taking this little amount of money.
Pros
The company will fall at some point.
Cons
They are still in business
June 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We pay highly competitive cloud wages that are above the market rate in most cases. We value talent and that’s why we pay a standard wage no matter where you live.

Ridiculous Pay scale for Technology Professionals
Technical Writer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 6, 2017
Just ridiculous. $20 an hour for technical writers and $30 an hour for IT Project Managers. That's NONsense. Even for remote / virtual work. The interview process is amusingly complex and convoluted.

Only someone desperate-desperate-desperate, I'll say it again, d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e would humble themselves to endure it. But, God knows, there are lots of those folks around these days, and Crossover knows it, too.
Pros
A gig when you're hurting...
Cons
Too many to list
June 4, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us. While it may seem like our rates are too good to be true since they are quite high, we guarantee that all of the hourly rates posted on our job pages are accurate. We are actively working on approximately 250 roles per week at all different levels. Please check our job board regularly https://app.crossover.com/x/marketplace/available-jobs for newly posted positions.

Lowest pay ever
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
Its almost better to start your own company and do contract work. No reason why they can't pay their employees more. The average salary is 1/2 of what you could make elsewherr, sometime 2/3 less.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary, work, atmosphere
June 4, 2018

As to your comments, this certainly was a more painful review to read. While it may seem like our rates are too good to be true since they are quite high, we are a global company that operates in over 140 countries, we intentionally pay higher wages.

Big Brother is watching you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 9, 2017
Creepy spyware required which takes your picture every 10 minutes. Meetings are recorded and all communication with co-workers can be seen by Big Brother. This company is Bizzare. They might as well hire robots, there is no interest in the human component of an employee. Only work here if you are absolutely desperate.
Pros
Remote, but there are many other companies out there
Cons
Constant surveillance
June 4, 2018

We value your privacy. This is a common misconception about our time tracking tool. The tool is used to ensure that you are getting paid fairly and accurately for your time. It is not a keylogger and not does record individual keystrokes. Additionally, the tool is entirely configurable, and the screenshot and webcam features can be modified based on the team policy at your work placement.

Great opportunity and kind co-workers
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 23, 2016
Lots of opportunity for career growth. Very helpful co-workers. Constantly striving to improve and innovate. Very collaborative environment. Remote work allows for maximum time spent with family and friends.
Zero Work/ Life Balance
Software enginner (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 8, 2016
Worst place to work. Crossover's worksmart tech is the biggest scam I've ever experienced. Please do not work for them as they pay really LOW wages and have no consideration for the contractor's well being.
Pros
Na
Cons
Lowest rates, WorkSmart tool to record time is not accurate