Crossover Employee Reviews

The challenge you were always looking for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 10, 2019
Very challenging environment. You need to be hard worker, ambitious , dedicated and fast learner to cope up with the fast paced flow.

Well funded, highly organized and energetic work culture. I 'm really impressed with the high caliber individuals I worked with across different teams.

This is a very demanding ( rewarding as well) company. If you are not a committed talented hard worker you shouldn't be here. This is a place only for highly distinguished talents.
Pros
Decent pay grade, Professional people, support from management to get all you need to do your job.
Cons
Worksmart is annoying ( but you can get used to ) .
Great Place to Work
Chief Architect (Current Employee) –  BrazilJanuary 8, 2019
Exciting place to work with tons of great projects.
Fair salary and great balance between work and life.
I really enjoy every day of work, makes you wake up eager to perform a great job.
Pros
Good salary, great challenging projects, awesome colleagues
Cons
Job Security
Unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 5, 2018
The management doesn't care about anyone. They are firing entire teams within sales and marketing just before Christmas and some of the people were recently hired, so you can immagine how bad is the planning. A huge growth was predicted at the begining of the year. After a few months they fired most of the recruiters. Do not apply at any job within this company! This is not a secure company to work for! They are useless. You will not work with top 1%. Top 1% will never hire just to fire. Top 1% would understand the need, would plan, would have SMART kpi's for their teams, would offer trainings and fair salaries. They don't even have a proper workflow for recruitment. This company is a joke. They don't have internal or external communication departments. They are using a factory model to assess your work. The management is extremely poor and unexperienced and if you dare to give feedback they will fire you. Look at their career Web page. They believe that sales and marketing means HR and they are so worng. All that matters to them is numbers and they never care about their people. They don't even have a retention plan. The turnover is 200% each and every year and this is not a joke. Just ask them and they will never give you an answer because they know that they suck. The owner of this company should publicly apologise to all the people that they have played with. Never leave a secure job for this company!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Read my review
1960's Russian Mentality
Support manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 26, 2018
Ha Ha right!!! What I mean by this is that the VP's and above tell you over and over that documentation doesn't exist. takes to long to create when its only going to change sometime in the future.
they believe in the tribal knowledge way. Let the last person who Came on board try and remember to train you on what you need to know and what ever he forgot, oh well. Remember the telephone game.......exactly. Not a single VP there knew what six sigma or continuous improvement was nor liked the words consistency and repeat-ability.
got to the point where you would have to work 12 hours in order to log 8 because they took screen shots of you while working as well as didn't pay you if you only had a couple hundred keystrokes every ten minutes and as a manager I liked to draw things out on my white board and paper so never got paid until I started typing. no common sense, we are not all coders. and if you dont trust somebody that much, why did you hire them!!!
Pros
Cons
hours you have to work, no benefits, no org charts, no revision controls....well there are some in engineering
Great payout, flexible
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 10, 2019
The pay I get from crossover is about 2-3x vs my pay from corporate and it enables me to spend time with family and get to be part of their milestones vs what used to be virtual before ( i used to work away from home). The time is flexible, the people and my manager are supportive and kind. My teammates are also very supportive and generous of the knowledge they acquired. So far so good.
Pros
Flexibility, on time weekly pay which is very good for the cashflow
Cons
Everything is cash no other benefits, not even paid time off on christmas holidays.
Poor management
Worker 1 (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 1, 2018
Poor management. Toxic work environment. Encourages
Bullying culture from those who have authority and no avenue to submit grievances. Management just don’t bother to fix situation to better the situation and pushes people to quit.
Very good remote company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 12, 2018
-> You get paid ontime every week in dollars

-> You can easily balance work and personal life

-> Management is very good and understanding

--> You can get leaves whenever you want but need to convey in advance
Pros
Salary, Time management, worklife balance
Cons
No additional benefits
June 14, 2018

We appreciate your review. Thank you. Crossover can be just the opportunity you're looking for if you're excited by 100% remote work, a fast-paced work environment, weekly feedback, and interesting challenges. Glad we have you aboard.

Remote work not realistic for true outside sales reps
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 10, 2018
Cold calling all day with pre made emails. Calls recorded without telling the people your speaking too. Benefits are being at home/remote but software is downloaded on personal computer to watch you work.
Amazing place to work
Chief Rails Architect (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaFebruary 22, 2018
Fantastic culture, good pay, lets us plan the day and balance work and life in our own style. Only downside is security of job - as nothing is guaranteed and no vacations. Work and get paid.
Pros
Fantastic setup of tools, great culture, Work life balance
Cons
Job security, vacations
June 4, 2018

We're so pleased to hear you like working with Crossover. We have 4400+ partners in over 140 countries and are growing incredibly quickly.

mala
Account manager (Current Employee) –  remoteDecember 20, 2018
i dont like how they monitored all your work with software that they nstalled in each computer, that take pictures an each 4 minutes..and they keep the time if you go to the rest room.
all the weeks are changing the plan and manager team, very unstable.
i don`t recommend the company
Pros
salary
Cons
can not go to restroom
Way of working of the century
Salesforce Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Big Brother is Watching:
Some think it is like Big Brother watching, yet, to me, it is not different than any other company. In my previous jobs, I was sitting next to or in the same room with my manager, where s/he can look at me, (if she wanted to), look at my computer screen, (if she wanted to look at it), and also see if I am just surfing on cat videos or actually working. Same apply here. Instead of the office building, the room I work in and my cubicle, instead all that I have an app on my laptop, that function exactly the same as my offıce.

What does Remote Working mean to me:
A typical day commute to work takes like 2 min as I stop by the kitchen to grab my coffee. I have my office installed on my laptop as Worksmart software. So the actual place of me and my laptop is irrelevant to the office: that means I can be wherever I want, and be at the office. During 6 months of my employment in crossover; I swam during coffee breaks, while I was waiting for my car to be serviced, I was working on repair shop's lounge. During lunch breaks, I could cook with my baby daughter, and lunch together. While my wife driving us to my parents 6 hours away, I was on my headset, attending a meeting with colleagues. When I see an urgent message on my mobile, and my team needed my help, I paused Netflix, went to study and I helped my colleagues in the middle of the night.

My concept of holidays is changed completely:
As I can work from anyplace, now I can be that local guy living in that beautiful holiday place. Instead of 1 week - 2 week holidays, I plan for 1 or 2 months, rent
  more... a house and actually live there. During the day I work as normal, and after work, I experience the place as a local would.

Workplace Culture:
In my previous jobs, only some of my colleagues were experienced, talented experts of what they are doing. Whereas in crossover most of the colleagues are really experienced talents and expert on their fields. Comparing to previous jobs, Crossover can decide much easily and quickly. If we believe in it, we could change the entire year plan and reconstruct it from scratch, other teams would respect that and adapt to that. In other words, if we think it is the right thing to do, in this company it is easy to take big decisions and make big changes.

The hardest part of the job:
Crossover is really demanding, we do not set easy targets to achieve. So be prepared for the challenge. As the company is expanding, you need to be agile, learn fast, adapt fast, and perform timely. Metrics is everything. Crossover is a company who likes to measure, so whether you believe in it or not, your metrics should be tip top good shape. working remotely is not for everyone, it requires a certain type of discipline and way of working. you need to be ok with that.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Crossover has a sophisticated and challenging business environment. there are so many state-of-the-art problems, that helps me a ton of experience in my field. it is like a time machine where you experience a quarter in a month. I am learning a lot, developing myself a lot. On personal life side, In the crossover, I spend more quality time with my family. I feel freer as I am not physically attached to an office building. i.e. I spend the late summer and early fall at the family summerhouse. Then, I spend the late fall with my brother, who lives on the other side of the planet, and whom I did not see in many years. we both continued our daily jobs, and could catch up after work as we started living in the same city.
Pros
working remotely, talented collegues, complex and challenging business help me excel in my profession, pay is good.
Cons
working remotely is not for everyone. it need certain type of discipline
Unbelievably innovative organization
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2019
All upside and no downside. I have been here six months and still can't believe it's real.

The leadership here is out to take over the world. And they have the plans and resources to do it.
Not a good company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 30, 2017
I have heard of recruitment companies, but have never seen such low wages. It is insulting to even think I took the position, but I was in a pinch and,could not afford a gap in employment. Only stayed with company for a year-ish due to low pay terrible hours, lack of advancement, and overtime avability.
Pros
A paycheck (even though its low, its something)
Cons
Virtually eveything else
June 4, 2018

We sorry to hear you feel this way. We pride ourselves on offering high-paying jobs to anyone in the world, no matter where they are situated. We pay the same rate for every position regardless of location.

This company as a whole sucks.
Not saying (Former Employee) –  Won’t sayNovember 9, 2017
Pay and people are absolutely horrible. You would be better off becoming homeless and begging for money than working for these rip offs.

Honestly this place is a joke and Software engineers who know there stuff shouldn’t be taking this little amount of money.
Pros
The company will fall at some point.
Cons
They are still in business
June 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We pay highly competitive cloud wages that are above the market rate in most cases. We value talent and that’s why we pay a standard wage no matter where you live.

Ridiculous Pay scale for Technology Professionals
Technical Writer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 6, 2017
Just ridiculous. $20 an hour for technical writers and $30 an hour for IT Project Managers. That's NONsense. Even for remote / virtual work. The interview process is amusingly complex and convoluted.

Only someone desperate-desperate-desperate, I'll say it again, d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e would humble themselves to endure it. But, God knows, there are lots of those folks around these days, and Crossover knows it, too.
Pros
A gig when you're hurting...
Cons
Too many to list
June 4, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us. While it may seem like our rates are too good to be true since they are quite high, we guarantee that all of the hourly rates posted on our job pages are accurate. We are actively working on approximately 250 roles per week at all different levels. Please check our job board regularly https://app.crossover.com/x/marketplace/available-jobs for newly posted positions.

Lowest pay ever
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
Its almost better to start your own company and do contract work. No reason why they can't pay their employees more. The average salary is 1/2 of what you could make elsewherr, sometime 2/3 less.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary, work, atmosphere
June 4, 2018

As to your comments, this certainly was a more painful review to read. While it may seem like our rates are too good to be true since they are quite high, we are a global company that operates in over 140 countries, we intentionally pay higher wages.

Great opportunity and kind co-workers
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 23, 2016
Lots of opportunity for career growth. Very helpful co-workers. Constantly striving to improve and innovate. Very collaborative environment. Remote work allows for maximum time spent with family and friends.
Big Brother is watching you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 9, 2017
Creepy spyware required which takes your picture every 10 minutes. Meetings are recorded and all communication with co-workers can be seen by Big Brother. This company is Bizzare. They might as well hire robots, there is no interest in the human component of an employee. Only work here if you are absolutely desperate.
Pros
Remote, but there are many other companies out there
Cons
Constant surveillance
June 4, 2018

We value your privacy. This is a common misconception about our time tracking tool. The tool is used to ensure that you are getting paid fairly and accurately for your time. It is not a keylogger and not does record individual keystrokes. Additionally, the tool is entirely configurable, and the screenshot and webcam features can be modified based on the team policy at your work placement.

Zero Work/ Life Balance
Software enginner (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 8, 2016
Worst place to work. Crossover's worksmart tech is the biggest scam I've ever experienced. Please do not work for them as they pay really LOW wages and have no consideration for the contractor's well being.
Pros
Na
Cons
Lowest rates, WorkSmart tool to record time is not accurate