CROSSROADS COMMUNITY CHURCH Employee Reviews

Drama drama drama
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INAugust 19, 2019
Too much Drama, I would run! For a "Godly" place they go for those who start drama, and others get frowned upon the kids do not matter, its all about making money.
Crossroads Community Church
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 16, 2019
I was an Intern working at Crossroads I enjoyed my time here. I got to use he skills I was learning in my college classes and apply them to real world application scenarios. By doing this it further solidified my choice in wanting to become a Graphic Designer. All the coworkers were super friendly. Despite being working in a religious environment the staff respected my beliefs and opinions about religion and did not force me to go to any of the program sessions but always made sure I was aware that the option was always available to me should I want the opportunity.
great place to work
Media Director (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 15, 2019
Crossroads community church is a awesome place great staff who became a family.Work was flexible staff made it easy to work there. "Wonderful place to worship!!!",The teaching and ministry teams at Crossroads go out of their way to make the worship experience meaningful. Crossroads has many community events as well. I am excited to have an active roll there.
Crossroads Community Church
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INMay 20, 2019
A very warm and friendly work environment in a Christian atmosphere that balances professionalism with grace and kindness. If you enjoy working with volunteers or with ministries then I highly recommend working or volunteering here.
Extremely Laid back
nursery worker and pre-k aged bible teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GA 30601April 15, 2019
It is a church so only Wednesdays and Sundays are work days. They pay a flat DAILY rate and everyone is super friendly. It is so well managed and all of the children are great to work with.
Awesome church
Volunteer Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 10, 2019
I was a volunteer video recorder for weekend church services for a number of years. I worked with other tech team members who also attended the church.
Pros
Very helpful and giving staff
Cons
Cant volunteer as much as i would like to
Great place to serve God
Founding and Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMarch 27, 2019
Worked there for 18 years. Innovative and challenging. Great place to grow and learn. New facility with unlimited ministry opportunities. Leadership is empowering and encouraging.
Pros
Out-of-the-box opportunities
Cons
requires a lot of self-iniative
Growing Church with awesome potential
Founding and Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMarch 21, 2019
I started the Crossroads in 2002, and grew it to a vibrant and healthy church. As I was leaving, I orchestrated the purchase of a 57,000 sq. ft. facility which we now occupy.The potential for regional impact is now becoming a reality.
Pros
Encouraging and inviting work environment
Cons
Small Community with limited services locally
Working at a mega-church is not for everyone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 8, 2019
The culture among the admins was wonderful although the environment was continuously stressful. Everyone was always overburdened by their daily responsibilities and burnout was common for the special events that happen each season.
Pros
Many learning opportunites, challenges and support along the way
Cons
Not for the faint of heart. This job requires grit and endurance.
An amazing Non-Profit, faith-based work atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 2, 2019
Fast-paced, constantly growing community. Friendly staff and co-workers are treated like family. The atmosphere always strives to be positive and encouraging.
Pros
Encouraging and flexible
Cons
Not a lot of room for internal movement
really great volunteer experience
VBS Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 10, 2018
10/10, it's great to volunteer and it makes me feel fulfilled. you get to show children good things about god when volunteering at a church and show them how to care for others.
Productive and fun place to work at
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 22, 2018
A typical day at work was spiritually and mentally afflicting. What I learned at CROSSROADS COMMUNITY CHURCH was how to be more accepting of others and more people skills. My opinion on management is absolutely outstanding. CROSSROADS COMMUNITY CHURCH is a Christian establishment. The job itself is not difficult. The more enjoyable part of the job was to arrive at work and seeing all of my co-workers/ friends.
Pros
An extremely happy environment
Cons
Not having enough hours
Great collaborative team environment, supportive staff and volunteers
Youth Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Volunteered for several years and loved how the team I worked with was so collaborative and supportive. Very grateful for the time I was able to volunteer there and would recommend ministry and serving there to others.
Worship leader Celebrate Recovery
Worship Leader (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 19, 2018
It was one of the most challenging times of my life. I enjoyed it very much. I learned a lot with this experience. I became a better musician and manager of musicians.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun working environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAAugust 15, 2018
Crossroads Community Church has a productive and fun working environment. The staff is encouraging for growth not only profesisonally but spiritually as well.
I had a lot of opportunities to learn new things
Admini (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 13, 2018
i purchased everything needed. I maintained financial records. Counted money and made deposits. Taxes were the hardest part. Enjoyed the financial.
Pros
It was a church, so very laid back
Cons
It was only part-time
Fun ministry work with a good leadership team
Worship Pastor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 25, 2018
Work-Life balance is a challenge in any ministry. I learned how to set proper boundaries, engage in healthy team communication, and learned more of how the Church is designed to function. The heartbeat of Crossroads is to love people to Christ, which I believe is taught very well and incorporated into each leadership role. As worship leader, I worked closely with the Pastor to prepare for Sunday mornings and special events where music would be desired. Music was always used as a tool to help funnel people into a focused place in their faith, which will always be my favorite part of this job - it's not something I can do by myself. It has to be dependent on the Holy Spirit. The work days were flexible for my team and I. Typically, we met each Thursday evening for a 2+ hour practice and fellowship time, as well as Sunday morning rehearsal prior to service. Throughout the beginning of each week, outside of my other job's work hours, I would create song sets for a few weeks at a time, input the songs and teammates into a coordination website, send notifications to team members, and connect with the Pastor about any special desires for a given Sunday. Each day, I made it a personal goal to spend time in prayer for the church, the team, songs we should sing, etc.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Pto, Family environment, Great food, Missional church, Focused and on-fire Senior Pastor, Growing kids ministry
Cons
Low Salary, No current benefits package
Nice place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT for OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJune 4, 2018
Friendly and welcoming environment, flexible hours, mostly part-time work, very few full-time positions available. Growing church still operating as a small church, very kid and student oriented.
Pros
flexible scheduling, employee appreciation
Cons
few opportunities for advancement or full-time employment
Fun and friendly environment!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 28, 2018
The people you work with are extremely genuine and helpful. I volunteered every Sunday in the child care area and the children were easy to watch and form a good relationship with.
Positive and Outward focused
Lead Pastor (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MIMay 8, 2018
Spent 23 years of my life there. It was a great place to help people change and grow, and the leadership team provided a great environment that serves the community as well as those who attend.