Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews

Poor overall operation
Managment (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2019
Crossroads hospice lacks clear direction, is not patient centered and absolutely does not prioritize employees. I would not recommend working here.
The senior leadership is blatantly dishonest and at the Dayton level they operate in a very dishonest fashion.
review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2019
I am burned out when it come to hospice. I have see to much dying and just need a change. i will always love and appreciate hospice but it is time to try something new.
Pros
always work available, and overtime
Cons
poor management, overwork the employees they have, and need better pay for CNA's
Hospice is very interesting work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 12, 2019
Hospice is a very challenging field to work in. It requires knowledge and practice from many different skill sets. On a daily basis one may be required to analyze and assess a patient to determine their physical needs, effectiveness of medication, safety and environment, the needs of their families and/or primary care provider, and when to request assistance from a RN, social worker, or chaplain.
Pros
I work with intelligent and compassionate co-workers.
Cons
No perks, minimum benefits, no resources for resolution of internal or external problems.
Great Company Many Years Ago
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 7, 2019
Extremely poor management and botched business model. Corporate is full of it and will do anything for “numbers.” Started off really good and went downhill fast. Lots of unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Great co-workers and helping families in need
Cons
Everything else
Toxic work enviroment, Horrble management,
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 19, 2019
Toxic work enviroment, Horrble management, Horrible HR department, Low Employee morale, To many chiefs a lot of favoritisms. Not a welcoming environment.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
No thanks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 18, 2019
I would not recommend crossroads to anyone.The management is poor, the ED fraternizes with HR and other department heads like they are in high school, very clicky.
Pros
My own space
Cons
Everything else
Crossroads Hospice and Palliative care
Staff Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 30, 2019
The company gives flexible schedule, autonomy to make decision and strong team work. Staff is kind and friendly. The company gives me an opportunity to gain leaderships skills.
Pros
Excellent support system and resources
Cons
Traveling in long distance
Not a great place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2019
This company wants one to dedicate their entire life to them. There is no work life balance. One is burned out before a year. Short staffed all the time. Very chaotic place to work for!
Pros
Great concept/ mission
Cons
Poor implementation of mission
A company with a wonderful philosophy
Registered Nurse (hospice) (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 27, 2019
Crossroads hospice sets the bar for end of life care. They honestly will do whatever they can to accommodate the patient and their family. The dedication the staff shows is unparalleled. Unfortunately, for as much as they do for the patient, they run the staff to the point of exhaustion. They expect you to live and breathe the company, and that is just not realistic. The nurses work salary, and most of the work at least 10 hour days. The on-call rotation is brutal. They have too many chiefs sitting in the office worrying about what to have for lunch while their staff is drowning in the field. If you are not in the inner circle, just forget about it, you need to find another job. They grew too fast with the wrong people at the helm, and there is now damage that can't ever be fixed.
Pros
Their philosophy
Cons
Overworked, pay is less than industry standards
Run dont apply here
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 23, 2019
This place is a joke, from interview to leaving. My "team leader" not there my entire orientation, no one had any idea what my week was suppose to be. They are not completely upfront about how much PAPER WORK, TRAVEL, lack there off or excessive case load, travel to GREEN office just about 2 - 3 times a week, always accidents on way to facility, pay for gas reimbursement a total joke. For a salaried position, they made you feel out a time sheet and paid you for your 40 hours anything over nope, under nothing, but a "SALARIED" position. SO if I worked 12 hours x 4 days plus 8 next only got 40 hours. If I worked 39.25 got paid for that, not salaried not by salaried standards. HR, and MANAGEMENT all policy and paper puppets. NOT A GOOD ENVIRONMENT. MUCH better hospice companies out there. Wish I did my homework prior to taking this job. What a waste of time that I WILL NEVER GET BACK. ALL ABOUT HIPPA but first ones to OVERRIDE Their own rules for their own. NOT A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY...RUN RUN RUN
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A disappointment
On Call Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2019
So much potential. Greed has ruined what was once a company in which I believed. Medical benefits were unusable with huge out of pocket cost. Lack of appreciation for employee efforts.
Pay was good
RN Supervisor/Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2019
I was an evening Admission Nurse and Supervisor. No teamwork with upper management. I became very close to my Hospice patients and their families. I had a great rapport with my fellow staff.
Stay away
Hospice Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2019
You may get the job and be happy. This happiness will only last a moment. The “leaders” are driving the business into the ground. One week after receiving verbal praise for my efforts ended in my being fired. There are 17 positions open at the moment because some very good people have left, some without a job because they couldn’t take it any longer. At some time home office will have to see that it’s not the employees but the leadership causing everyone to leave. Also, do not file a complaint because the VP’s are college buddies and other friends.
Pros
Cons
Terrible benefits and lack of job security
Run for your life!
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 18, 2019
Horrible management. Everybody is quitting. No respect for the employee's personal life. Offers lots of PTOs but they don't approve them easily as they are always under staffed. Not worth it.
Cons
Very Stressful some nurses have no clue whats going on
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Very Stressful work environment no body is on the same page. Nurses fighting with other nurses nurses fighting with aides management lost touch with employees. Time slips always coming up missing when you turn in all your paperwork. The day I gave my two weeks notice because I took another job management had me work most my shift called me in the office and let me go. Staff will get mad if you start asking questions about your missing time slips. You will not get your work assignment until 700 O'clock and they expect you to drive up to two hours to a case when you start at 800 am they make it hard for you to get you mileage they will send out work assignment late in the morning so you cant stop office and then leave for your case this company use to be such a nice place to work where you wanted to be part of the team people where happy to say where you worked for crossroads now they have became a nightmare. The other downside is if they give you a case at 10 o'clock by you manager and you drive almost two hours away from Cleveland only to find out the person passed away at 8 am that happens alot. I would've never looked for another job but this place will push you to it I wish the owner could read some of these comments because he is really being snow balled by the lies the Cleveland office is saying
Pros
The hours
Cons
To much to name
Loved working with the geriatric population
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
This was a volunteer position of working with the elderly. I concentrated on working with the veteran population but not opposed to other areas when needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Enter at your own risk
Cook/dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 2, 2019
It was not a bad place at first, but my father was a resident there and he ended up passing away while I was working there. They came to the kitchen to get me and tell me he had passed away, and they gave me 2 weeks off. I forced myself to go for my first day back after it happened and I just could not get myself to go back after. It was to hard for me knowing my dad had passed away there, and I just did not like how they just acted like nothing happened and he was just crossed off the list. So, my experience was not good there, but it may be a good place for someone else to work there.
Pros
Help people
Cons
People die
Horrible management, excellent employees, bad benefits
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2019
Horrible, no moral, keep accepting patients knowing they under staff and over working their employees. Making promises they can’t keep, field workers have to deal with upset patients due to promies management had told family. Benefits over priced have to work to meet deductible
horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2019
I was going to resign in a few weeks and in order to cheat me out of vacation, they pushed me to quit or be fired for made up story that did not happen. I ended up getting all I was entitled to after having a family friend/attorney send them a letter.
Pros
None. Avoid this place.
Former RN/ horrible mgt/ Nepotism
RN (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 20, 2019
I had worked at this hospice for years, census was in mid 140's when I started. At that time the culture, work place was flexible and like family. Benefits had been great.
Now this co. Is only looking at their bottom line, census 300 range now. Unfortunately I had a friend of family on service and they were literally horrified with the personal experience. I was devastated. I would never never recommend anyone to come on service here let alone tell anyone to apply here. Co does not contribute insurance since one owner cutting back due to his own personal issues. When this changed, I saw many staff with longevity as my self leaving not able to afford staying if I wanted.
A lot. I mean a lot of nepotism. Executive director literally has hired everyone in her immediate family in mgt positions. If you weren't in their clique, you were not recognized for your efforts. I would advise no matter what level of care, run, run,run!
Pros
Cons
Overall horrible atmosphere