Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews

Crossroads
HOSPICE STNA (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, OHJune 15, 2019
My experience at crossroads was very influentual, I do recommend crossroads to others seeking employment. The co workers are very friendly and helpful, they treat their employees like family. Its a pleasent working enviroment. For people starting out this is an excellent company to work for to get the experience for hospice.
Culturally incompetent company.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 4, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend the Crossroads or Carrefour company to anybody looking for quality patient care or employment. They consistently treat their teammates poorly which in turn always does and always will trickle down to the patients they attempt to provide mediocre service to. They say they “do more” but let me assure you that the corporate staff ensure that “as little as possible” is done. They take no regard to the patients being cared for and focus only on the “Crossroads way”, whatever that is. Crossroads care is stuck in the late 90’s, and anybody attempting to progress with the times will immediately and inappropriately be terminated, with no warning. Do yourself a favor and do your homework and choose a hospice company that cares about their teammates and their patients, because you just won’t find that at Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Enjoyed what I did daily.
Gift of the Day Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 3, 2019
Enjoyed granting our dying patients one last wish. Working for community, sports teams, venues, stars managers to grant a patients request. From a simple dinner for family to attend a sports event or theater event to meet entertainers. Creating events for families and our patients. Negotiating contracts with venues and vendors to create staff retreats, volunteer appreciation events as well as holiday and celebration parties.
Pros
The ability to use all my talents to create events for patients and company.
Cons
Lack of work and life balance. Nepotism was rampant.
Consider looking elsewhere
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 30, 2019
You will be disposable. They expect you to give your all with little to no gratitude for your work. I had over 10 years in, they could have cared-less. If you don’t agree with their ways then you are targeted. Crossroads used to be an excellent place to work unfortunately they are no longer patient employee centered. A big disconnect between employee and corporate.
Pros
Some coworkers.
Cons
Benefits, wages, lack of leadership
Crossroads is an overall good place to work.
Field RN/ACD (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2019
Crossroads is an overall good place to work. I was able to learn and further my experience. I enjoy the patient care and the autonomy that ot provides.
Staff made a new member welcome, met a lot of good chaplains and nurses
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2019
Crossroads was a good place to work. I didn’t have problems really until the end of my time with them. I’m sure there was drama but when it was time we all came together to support and help each orher
Pros
As a social worker you made your schedule and went and did your job. No maro managing
Cons
Lead So I’ll worker talking of another staff member that got him fired
Poor overall operation
Managment (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2019
Crossroads hospice lacks clear direction, is not patient centered and absolutely does not prioritize employees. I would not recommend working here.
The senior leadership is blatantly dishonest and at the Dayton level they operate in a very dishonest fashion.
Hospice is very interesting work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 12, 2019
Hospice is a very challenging field to work in. It requires knowledge and practice from many different skill sets. On a daily basis one may be required to analyze and assess a patient to determine their physical needs, effectiveness of medication, safety and environment, the needs of their families and/or primary care provider, and when to request assistance from a RN, social worker, or chaplain.
Pros
I work with intelligent and compassionate co-workers.
Cons
No perks, minimum benefits, no resources for resolution of internal or external problems.
Not a great place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2019
This company wants one to dedicate their entire life to them. There is no work life balance. One is burned out before a year. Short staffed all the time. Very chaotic place to work for!
Pros
Great concept/ mission
Cons
Poor implementation of mission
A company with a wonderful philosophy
Registered Nurse (hospice) (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 27, 2019
Crossroads hospice sets the bar for end of life care. They honestly will do whatever they can to accommodate the patient and their family. The dedication the staff shows is unparalleled. Unfortunately, for as much as they do for the patient, they run the staff to the point of exhaustion. They expect you to live and breathe the company, and that is just not realistic. The nurses work salary, and most of the work at least 10 hour days. The on-call rotation is brutal. They have too many chiefs sitting in the office worrying about what to have for lunch while their staff is drowning in the field. If you are not in the inner circle, just forget about it, you need to find another job. They grew too fast with the wrong people at the helm, and there is now damage that can't ever be fixed.
Pros
Their philosophy
Cons
Overworked, pay is less than industry standards
Run dont apply here
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 23, 2019
This place is a joke, from interview to leaving. My "team leader" not there my entire orientation, no one had any idea what my week was suppose to be. They are not completely upfront about how much PAPER WORK, TRAVEL, lack there off or excessive case load, travel to GREEN office just about 2 - 3 times a week, always accidents on way to facility, pay for gas reimbursement a total joke. For a salaried position, they made you feel out a time sheet and paid you for your 40 hours anything over nope, under nothing, but a "SALARIED" position. SO if I worked 12 hours x 4 days plus 8 next only got 40 hours. If I worked 39.25 got paid for that, not salaried not by salaried standards. HR, and MANAGEMENT all policy and paper puppets. NOT A GOOD ENVIRONMENT. MUCH better hospice companies out there. Wish I did my homework prior to taking this job. What a waste of time that I WILL NEVER GET BACK. ALL ABOUT HIPPA but first ones to OVERRIDE Their own rules for their own. NOT A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY...RUN RUN RUN
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A disappointment
On Call Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2019
So much potential. Greed has ruined what was once a company in which I believed. Medical benefits were unusable with huge out of pocket cost. Lack of appreciation for employee efforts.
Pay was good
RN Supervisor/Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2019
I was an evening Admission Nurse and Supervisor. No teamwork with upper management. I became very close to my Hospice patients and their families. I had a great rapport with my fellow staff.
Stay away
Hospice Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2019
You may get the job and be happy. This happiness will only last a moment. The “leaders” are driving the business into the ground. One week after receiving verbal praise for my efforts ended in my being fired. There are 17 positions open at the moment because some very good people have left, some without a job because they couldn’t take it any longer. At some time home office will have to see that it’s not the employees but the leadership causing everyone to leave. Also, do not file a complaint because the VP’s are college buddies and other friends.
Pros
Cons
Terrible benefits and lack of job security
Very Stressful some nurses have no clue whats going on
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Very Stressful work environment no body is on the same page. Nurses fighting with other nurses nurses fighting with aides management lost touch with employees. Time slips always coming up missing when you turn in all your paperwork. The day I gave my two weeks notice because I took another job management had me work most my shift called me in the office and let me go. Staff will get mad if you start asking questions about your missing time slips. You will not get your work assignment until 700 O'clock and they expect you to drive up to two hours to a case when you start at 800 am they make it hard for you to get you mileage they will send out work assignment late in the morning so you cant stop office and then leave for your case this company use to be such a nice place to work where you wanted to be part of the team people where happy to say where you worked for crossroads now they have became a nightmare. The other downside is if they give you a case at 10 o'clock by you manager and you drive almost two hours away from Cleveland only to find out the person passed away at 8 am that happens alot. I would've never looked for another job but this place will push you to it I wish the owner could read some of these comments because he is really being snow balled by the lies the Cleveland office is saying
Pros
The hours
Cons
To much to name
Loved working with the geriatric population
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
This was a volunteer position of working with the elderly. I concentrated on working with the veteran population but not opposed to other areas when needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Enter at your own risk
Cook/dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 2, 2019
It was not a bad place at first, but my father was a resident there and he ended up passing away while I was working there. They came to the kitchen to get me and tell me he had passed away, and they gave me 2 weeks off. I forced myself to go for my first day back after it happened and I just could not get myself to go back after. It was to hard for me knowing my dad had passed away there, and I just did not like how they just acted like nothing happened and he was just crossed off the list. So, my experience was not good there, but it may be a good place for someone else to work there.
Pros
Help people
Cons
People die
horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2019
I was going to resign in a few weeks and in order to cheat me out of vacation, they pushed me to quit or be fired for made up story that did not happen. I ended up getting all I was entitled to after having a family friend/attorney send them a letter.
Pros
None. Avoid this place.
Hospice Aide
Hospice Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2019
A great company to work for. I cared for patients in a "continuous care" capacity, sitting beside the patient, giving care during their final hours.
Good weekly collaboration/meeting.
My favorite part of the company was their "Gift for the Day" program- giving patients' an opportunity to do one last special activity, like marking off something on their Bucket List.
Cna/dme coordinator
Certified Nurses Assistant, DME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2018
After the first 5 minutes of my orientation I knew I would be retiring from Crossroads! It was such a great company and they LOVED their employees! But, things started to change around 2016. There were lay offs, cut backs and everything became about the "DOLLAR" So, I was layed off with an ok severence package along with a few other employees that had been there years before I came along. After being gone from CRH for 8 months I applied for a CNA position with them again and was rehired. After being back for 6 months I was asked to take a "Higher" position. I turned it down because I KNEW I would be losing money by not getting a certain amount of miles I'm used to getting. I was asked twice to take the position and after the promise of a 1.00 raise I took the position. 7 months in the position I had a family crisis and had to move to a different state. After being gone for 2 months I asked if I could come back and was told NO because I didn't give a 2 week notice! SEVERAL PEOPLE have done this but know its "against company policy"! After a total of 5 years with CRH I just expected more understanding, more love, more care! Is that not how we are told to treat our patients and families? Why aren't WE(the employees) shown the same? I can't say that I had any terrible experiences at CRH, but there is unfair treatment of ALL EMPLOYEES! BRING BACK THE LOVE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES CRH!
Pros
Bonds with families and employees
Cons
No respect, Love or care for employees!