Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews in Dayton, OH

Consider looking elsewhere
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 30, 2019
You will be disposable. They expect you to give your all with little to no gratitude for your work. I had over 10 years in, they could have cared-less. If you don’t agree with their ways then you are targeted. Crossroads used to be an excellent place to work unfortunately they are no longer patient employee centered. A big disconnect between employee and corporate.
Pros
Some coworkers.
Cons
Benefits, wages, lack of leadership
Poor overall operation
Managment (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2019
Crossroads hospice lacks clear direction, is not patient centered and absolutely does not prioritize employees. I would not recommend working here.
The senior leadership is blatantly dishonest and at the Dayton level they operate in a very dishonest fashion.
horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2019
I was going to resign in a few weeks and in order to cheat me out of vacation, they pushed me to quit or be fired for made up story that did not happen. I ended up getting all I was entitled to after having a family friend/attorney send them a letter.
Pros
None. Avoid this place.
This is a ridiculous place to waste your time with!
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 8, 2018
Do you want to work in an environment but displaces you out of your assignments... possibly on a daily basis but still hold you accountable for missed visits, if you love being pulled out of the bed at 3 in the morning even though you just put 10 hours in so you can go do a visit as a backup nurse, if you thrive in disorganized chaos and not knowing one minute to another if watching your back is a good idea or not, or if you cant wait to do an out-of-the-way admission just to find out all the Ducks were NOT in a row and it was a complete waste of time because the family didnt even want hospice to begin with... then this is definitely the place for you to be! Complete time wasters! Ineffective management and corporate says they care, but actions (or lack thereof) paints a whole different picture. Would rather bring on new patients rather than taking care of the ones that they already have. Work and home balance...what does that even mean???
Pros
The SSD Department and case managers and aides are hardworking and compassionate individuals
Cons
I think i made my point above.
Stressful work environmet
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Not conducive to growth. Micromangers that don't provide supportive environment for staff. Communication between systems is poor. A typical day at work; not knowing what you will be doing.
Management is not surrportive of staff.
Workplace culture does not want employees to interact with one another
The hardest part of the job is the ambiguity
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff
Pros
Small
Cons
healthcare, stressful environment
work
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2017
was ok to work for at the end ever thing just seem to fall apart. laid off most people in the Dayton! they did work with a school scheduled. The company is needs more work and handing with paper work more
I recommend Crossroads Hospice
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dayton OhioNovember 8, 2016
The employees at Crossroads are very concerned with providing excellent care to the patients. Knowledgeable and dedicated staff.
Respectful of the patients privacy and needs.
Productive, supportive hospice company
Direct care nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Good teamwork, supportive. Everyone is friendly and close knit. Has a great bereavement team. Management is very involved in the care of the patients and helpful when needed.
Great Hospice Company
Admissions RN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 16, 2016
Emphasis on Quality is strong. Company is structured well. Clothing is provided with option to purchase additional. Company is stable and is someplace you know you can be working 5 -10 years later.
Pros
company provides free employee insurance.
Cons
expected to work over often.
Hospice Nursing
RN Case Manager/Weekend RN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 27, 2016
Typical day at work involved seeing multiple patients in multiple areas within a 60 mile radius.
Two days a week I traveled over 110 miles to see 6 patients in areas that other nurses also went.

Co-workers were great to work with. The STNAs, Chaplains, Social Workers and other RNs were so supportive which made this job well worth it.

I learned a lot about Hospice nursing which I had never done before especially from my medical director.
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  DaytonAugust 4, 2014
Started out as a great experience but quickly turned sour once staffing was cut down. Impossible to work alone doing Oncall.Being called out after working all day to work back up at night because Oncall was short staffed. Too many cheifs and not enough Indians. No leadership. People don't really seem to know how take charge. Still doing paper charting. No computers. Money was good but not worth this hassle. Watch your back in the office. People are quick to throw you under the bus if you don't fit in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
benefits suck, only free if you are single, working 2-4 hours past your get off time due to completing paper work
Fun productive work place.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 15, 2014
At the time I worked there I worked with a great team of people.
Pros
Lovely caring people to work for
Cons
I dont have any cons at this time
great coworkers. the nurses really care
office (Former Employee) –  daytonMay 20, 2013
Management is poor. Lots of micromanaging..not alot of explanation when it comes to change within the department. Write up are common. When you defend yourself, save your breath, management does' t care.
Pros
free health insurance. good plt.
Cons
management sucks
Hospice at it's best..
Intake/Rep/Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 2, 2013
Wonderful hospice care services provided to Dayton area. Fast paced environment. Management seems to "fly by the seat of their pants" at times, but overall has good intentions. Co-workers friendly, hard-working and "angels". Hardest part of job is coping with loss of patients after establishing rapport and relationship. The most enjoyable part of job is giving the patient and their family and loved ones the best hospice care in the area.
Pros
committed co-workers
Cons
communication problems and management communication is lacking.
could be a good place to work
hospice aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 19, 2013
there management skills are terrible they are constantly changing the rules and policies that never effect the people in the office they do not back there employess EVER!!!!!! they talk a good game but work there and you will find out its all B.S. they claim to care about the people buts all comes down to the amount of$$$ they can get run from this place
Pros
plenty of vacation time
Cons
everything about this company
Team work
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2012
Management is something else, I work my every day off alway's accuse of doing this or that my performance was never enough I gave my job my best my patients love me and I love some of my coworker only time we really got to see each other was at monday morning meetings,me leaving my patient ,families
Pros
watch your back
Cons
beware of management