Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Loved working with the geriatric population
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
This was a volunteer position of working with the elderly. I concentrated on working with the veteran population but not opposed to other areas when needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Get with the times!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2018
Crossroads is behind the times when it comes to technology. Paperwork OVERLOAD! The paperwork is unbelievable. Be prepared to be repetitive. Orders are written on your daily charting note, then on an Order Form, then again on a daily med list. Every 2 weeks you'll meet with your team and do a 3 page set of paperwork for each patient and have to sit through everyone's rundown of their patient. Be prepared to take paperwork home (average of 2 hours a day, NON-PAID). They've been promising us tablets for 7 years.
The patient care is fairly easy. The company is short-staffed, so they're constantly loading up both the RNs and Aides with a ton of patients to see and chart on. They use one pharmacy, located in Bartlett, close to the main office. So if you have patients 50 miles out, you still have to go that pharmacy to pick it up. You'll deliver all meds!
Then there's on-call...You will be called, because they are understaffed, always.
Like many companies, promotions are given to those who aren't necessarily qualified. The nurse that took short cuts, lied on timesheet, had poor work ethic, dumped work off on others is the one getting promoted.
Pros
autonomy; friendly staff
Cons
won't get paid for all the extra work you do. no work life balance
great job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2018
it was a great job I loves it. working and helping people is a joy. Hopice was a great learning for me. I would do it again. The management was great. we where like family. I would go back and work for this company in a heart beat. the hardest part of my job was when one of my Pt's passed I would cry all the time. but was glad I was there with them and for the family.
Pros
being my on boss the trust they had
Cons
driving
Best job ever
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2018
Crossroads Hospice is by far the best CNA job i have ever had. I worked monday thru friday and was off every weekend. I went in at 8am and got off at 5pm. I loved my supervisor and my coworkers. They welcome me and made me feel so special and happy to be apart of such a beautiful team. My starting pay was okay but you get yearly raises thats based off your performance which is awesome. There is also room for growth with this company. I love Crossroad Hospice and i recommend this job to everyone that love working and helping people.
Pros
Excellent supervisors, coworkers, and pay, loving environment
Cons
Horrible unorganized place of employment
On RN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2017
Very unorganized poor management and too much favoritism shown to the employees that had been there for long times. For people to be all about compassion they didn't show any towards their employees especially the new hires.
Pros
Home health, flexibility
Cons
Poorly operated, uncompassionate to employees and poor benefits
Social Work Intern
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 18, 2017
It was very experimental for me and I learned a lot. It was very diverse and I got to meet people before their end of life ended. I also got to see lots of smiles during my time there.
Great place
Certified Medical Assistant on Call team (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2017
Great place to work for, if it weren't for nursing school interfering with my hours I would still be working there. The management was great to the employees and treated everyone like family. We all took care of our own.
Pros
we were family
Cons
nothing
great place and the people are awesome.
Chaplain PRN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 1, 2017
Good Place to work deal with the death and dying. Must have a passion for hurting peoples. This is dealing with the end of life and family involvement.
Pros
not enough hours
Cons
not enough work for a PRN
ok company to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2017
Ok company to work for. I have not really had a bad experience. The work hours are flexible. The supervisors are willing to work with your schedule. The pay is average.
Producive job
Certified Nurse Assistant/Hospice Aid (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2017
My day is always produtive,enjoy being able to be with patients and their families at their time of need although during the time of death maybe sad its always good to have a great support system
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Hospice Company
REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Overall Crossroads Hospice is a great company to work for if helping others is your passion. Your coworkers become like family and its all about teamwork.
A very nice place to work. Management care about their workers.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 23, 2016
No day in Hospice is the same. So the change was good. I learned the importance of pain control among other things. Management was wonderful. They genially care for their employees. We were like one big family.
Pros
The impact i would make on someones life.
Cons
the driving around
Productive and enjoyed co-workers
Manager, Volunteer Office/Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2016
Working at Crossroads was productive; Enjoyed working with patients and their families as well as fellow co-workers; great benefits prior to staff lay-offs
Patient oriented environment, the staff members have hearts filled with lots of love for what they do.
Palliative Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2016
The company stands behind its product which is very good and caring nursing care. Crossroads hospice goes above and beyond to make its patients transition peaceful and celebrated. Some of the management staff could use more manager training, however the clinical manager and social work manager support their staff. Most of the field staff is underpaid, but they do a great job in spite of that. I learned how the hospice environment was not one to be sad all the time but one to help the patient and family to celebrate the life of the patient before they transition.
Pros
Insurance Benefits speaking from a single person's perspective
Cons
Need longer breaks for office staff, should provide paid holidays for staff and pay the staff according to their worth
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
I love Crossroads, I have been there six years and I have learned, great things, I thank them for hiring me and giving me a chance to share my abilities as a worker, and the opportunity to learn, even more, the have been one of the best companies, I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great job benefits in all aspects, believe in taking care of their workers and flexible
Cons
Sometimes, there are lots of changes that have to be made, that are hard for everyone.
Crossroads Hospice-C2 communications CSL
CSL (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2015
This company is not meant to make a career out of. More fit for college students/young people and not adults with many responsibilities. The managers are not on the same page and hold personal grudges. Many racial issues that have occurred with management as well. They have joked about many social issues that are not fit for the work place. The pay is not enough to cover the amount of work the employees have to do. Much favoritism. It is an easy job, however, It is in need of more structure. The managers are definitely in need of managerial training.
Research and communicate before you start...
staff member (Former Employee) –  MemphisSeptember 27, 2015
Are you familiar with the word Micromanagement? If you are currently looking to work at Crossroads speak with couple of people before you start....This place has a high turn over rate and management needs to take classes on communication with employees and micromanaging tendencies, which cut into your ability to get work done. They have lost good employees because of this as well! As a nurse you have to write down everything! You don't have any documentation before you enter a patient home sometimes...(your life might be on the line) you visit bad neighborhoods sometimes/patients. Pay scale is good. But at the end of the day are you happy? You want to work for a company that loves you for what you do as an employee not by how much they can profit!!
Pros
pay
Cons
micromanagement
Very stressful and unsupported environment
Community Support Liaison (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 5, 2015
I wish I could give a good review of the Call Center at Crossroads. The call center could be a great place to work. The hospice and palliative care services provided are very much needed in our society. The philosophy and ideals of the company are good! The call center has a management problem that needs to be corrected before it will be a good place to work. Training is being improved but has a long way to go.

Talking with and helping patients and families on the phone is personally rewarding. The criticism and micro-managing makes it hard to be excited about going to work.

Favoritism and discrimination is very active between some of the employees and management. Rules are made and enforced for some but allowed to be broken by others.

I truly believe in hospice and palliative care services and was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with the families, but clearly there are areas that the company needs to improve. Unless changes are made, they will continue to lose potentially great employees..
Pros
Consistent work schedule
Cons
Discrimination and intimidation management
Best job I ever had!!!!
CNA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TennesseeApril 30, 2015
Actually this was the best job that Ive ever had and I've been a CNA for 22 yrs. If I had the chance I would run back. My field staff coworkers we're awesome, we we're like family. The managers we're pretty good to. This was a company that took care of there employees.
Pros
Flexibility & Working with the patients and their families.
Cons
No cons.
Great Company to work for
PT-Weekender Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2014
I loved the experience and the staff I worked with. The overall experience was just great. I cannot complain. I wish I could have stayed but only GOD knows what's best.
Pros
Prayer at the beginning of the shift
Cons
n/a