Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

Staff made a new member welcome, met a lot of good chaplains and nurses
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2019
Crossroads was a good place to work. I didn’t have problems really until the end of my time with them. I’m sure there was drama but when it was time we all came together to support and help each orher
Pros
As a social worker you made your schedule and went and did your job. No maro managing
Cons
Lead So I’ll worker talking of another staff member that got him fired
Really a policy?
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City OklahomaNovember 20, 2018
Left my first shift position r/t company needing positions filled for days but unwilling to promote me d/t “Company Policy.” Hurry up and wait........
Favoritism
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2018
This place of employment has their favorites and will stick by that other than the truth. The work ethic of an employee was never acknowledged when it came to the favorites they had.
A Great Place to Work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2018
A wonderful work environment with very supportive staff who truly care about the patients they serve. Salary and benefits are good. Excellent training program
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Room to grow
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2018
Good experience in hospice, and abilities to be a part of the many lives and caring of those in end of life processes. A good place to gain hospice case management and on call RN experience.
Management has no clue whats going on
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2017
Crossroads in OKC has undergone a lot of changes in the one year I have worked here. Management is clueless as to day-to-day goings on in the company. They are also apparently unwilling to improve or change. Your voice is not heard. In the past 2 months, almost 10 of Crossroads employees have left to work for two of our competitors because the work culture and benefits are better. The health insurance is awful. Would not recommend to a friend/family member or anyone I care about.
Current Management Is Very Unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2017
Current management makes this place feel like you are in second grade and you have been naughty. There is a social game being played. It is called kiss it or you will get no where. The mission of Crossroads is fantastic. However, corporate does not care about their employees, no matter what they tell you. They have a grievance committee to help resolve issues for employees, although they never help the employee. They only support management.
Pros
Supporting people/families during a very difficult time in their lives
Hired and Even Fired
CM/ACD/CD (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 6, 2016
Worked for CRH for many years, this was early when it first started booming, this company was Incredible, the mission unbeatable, these guys ( and girl ) had me sold on what I worked for, I truly loved where and who I worked for, the patient's and families you encountered where icing on the cake obviously loving them even more while being provided the time needed to care for each and everyone. I learned so much from my experience and I carry it with me today, the bad and good. People, politics and obviously payment mandates change I truly believe the powers behind this organization do everything they can to make CRH a wonderful place to work, keeping the best patient care any hospice can provide. Change is Growth.
Terrible company to work for in Oklahoma
provider relations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2015
CRH is an amazing company that provides the best hospice care available. However, if you are accepting a job in the OKC area be prepared to enter an unhealthy and unorganized work environment. CRH promises top notch training but provides NO training. The turnover rate is constant. The breakdown in communication within the office is unbearable. No one in this office knows the correct answer to any questions. Expectation of job duties change daily. Executive director hardly answers emails and has an "open door" policy, yet, his door is ALWAYS closed. He is unapproachable and lacks leadership skills. There is a reason the OKC site has the lowest census, and it is not because the company is bad at hopdice, they have untrained individuals who work for them. If you dont catch on right away(no training provided) you will get fired. This site needs a lot of help!
Pros
benefit package is outstanding, and work environment outside of Oklahoma is perfect. Tennessee, Kansas and Atlanta are all great
Cons
No training provided. High turn-over, no direction. no open communication.
extremely poor management, negative work environment
hha (Former Employee) –  okcJuly 29, 2015
Huge turnover. People fired or quit on a weekly basis. Constantly get shorted on pay. Only pay .35 cents per mile. The most negative work environment I have ever been in. The management have clearly and sadly forgotten why they work for hospice. They are uncaring, all about profit and power and have no compassion for patients needs or coworkers.
Pros
Cons
management has ruined what used to be a good company
great mission, great people
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2015
Crossroads has a unique way of bringing hospice to the community. their extra programs is what sets them apart and what makes them successful
Poor work environment in terms of negativity and mismanagement
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKFebruary 8, 2015
My first few weeks in my position as referral coordinator was disappointing due to the limited amount of training I received from the person who had just left the position. I was told I would have at least two weeks of one on one training. I learned quickly that most of the office was very resistant to change yet I was told by my regional supervisors to implement some very big changes. I have never worked anywhere with as much turnover as this place had in the 8 months I worked there and even within the few months after I left. Employees without enough experience were promoted into Management positions without support or training. The Executive Director at the time was completely without backbone and did not involve himself in any conflict resolution inside or outside the office.
I was met with hostile behavior on more than one occasion when I returned from official training (which was excellent due to the fact that the trainer was just top notch) whenever I attempted to "manage" things in the office as I had been instructed. I did not know it was a management position until I went to training. The hospice has good programs but corporate is completely out of touch with what goes on at the local site much of the time.
Pros
Good programs
Cons
Everything else
Some of the nicest people you will ever meet
Patient/Volunteer Program Mgr (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2014
A lot of people who work here are great people! I would work with 99% of them
Hanging on by a thread
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crossroads hospice OKCNovember 24, 2013
Operation is in complete disarray. Executive Director completely out of touch with the internal & external activities of his staff and management team but does a great job of hiding the chaos from corporate apparently as he still retains his position. HR manager has a self serving agenda. The entire operation is managed with fear and threats and the PUNITIVE atmosphere serves to generate quick rise to the top for those who can stomach the atmosphere while the rest of the staff come and go through a revolving door that should have someone asking why the turnover rate is so great? Middle Managers or ACDs as they are called are completely inept at managing anything outside of the games and facebook on their phones. The end result of the total disarray is the staff spend as much time advocating against the "crossroads green system" to insure their patient care doesn't suffer as they do actually providing the care. (we call it walking the green mile). The sad fact is the company has great programs to offer which is the only reason the PR people are successful in getting new patients and the field staff do a good job at the bedside despite the obstacles placed in their path by middle and upper management. Patient care and community relations are already beginning to show evidence of these facts and the company teeters on the precipice of disaster as a result. They consistently retain patients on service well past what is reasonable and are forced by corporate to admit patients that clearly do not meet the criteria set forth by the federal government which results in fraudulent  more... billing practices. The are one audit away from massive patient and staff cuts if not complete Chapter 11. The only bright light within the entire company are its regular staff and the Clinical Director who genuinely seem to care about the patient, the employees and the staff. I applaud there optimism and hope and wish them well in their endeavor, saving this sinking ship will be like baily water from the Titanic with a soup ladle. I cannot express just how happy I am to be getting out of here real soon.  less
Pros
Good Program, no one to run it efficently or ethically
Cons
Management Sucks
Extremely rewarding experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 14, 2013
A typical week at Crossroads Hospice included companionship with patients both in-home and facility residents, providing bereavement and emotional support to patients and their families, and overall providing and ensuring physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of patients, families, and co-workers.
Bad place to work
Office (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2013
Micromanaged. Management believes in work over family. They don't care about their employees but owner cares that daughter has a nice new Mercedes!!
Director has no back bone and ACD's cry about everything!
Practice in unethical practices and borderline illegal. WORST PLACE EVER TO WORK!!!
I wouldn't give this place one star!!
Pros
40 hrs a week.
Cons
The 40 hrs a week
Very negative and punitive work environment...Very stressful
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityApril 13, 2013
Stayed out of office as much as possible. Provided direct care to patients. Case load high and spread out geographically. Going from one side of service area to the other daily. Care team was in constant change. Management team very dysfunctional, micromanaged. Got written up for every tiny little detail like being late for your call in report. Most of my coworkers were really great. There were those that were self serving and back stabbing. Hardest part of the job was managing increasing case load. Most enjoyable part of the job was patients.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
new health care plan expensive and minimal coverage. punitive work environment
Live to work, not a work to live employer.
R.N. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2012
Once a wonderful place who cared about patients and employees. To much change in wrong direction, you MUST live to work, not work to live. No balance between family/ life and work. Employees get frequent write ups for no reason, or in my case alledged behavior as a patients medical power of attorney was used against me as employee (hostile work enviroment?) Fantastic Clinical staff, Social Workers, Chaplins, Medical records personnel...poor management.
Pros
excellent clinical staff, sw, chaplins, medical office personnel.
Cons
never investigates complaints, writes ups so management can have something to do? poor management.