Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Run dont apply here
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 23, 2019
This place is a joke, from interview to leaving. My "team leader" not there my entire orientation, no one had any idea what my week was suppose to be. They are not completely upfront about how much PAPER WORK, TRAVEL, lack there off or excessive case load, travel to GREEN office just about 2 - 3 times a week, always accidents on way to facility, pay for gas reimbursement a total joke. For a salaried position, they made you feel out a time sheet and paid you for your 40 hours anything over nope, under nothing, but a "SALARIED" position. SO if I worked 12 hours x 4 days plus 8 next only got 40 hours. If I worked 39.25 got paid for that, not salaried not by salaried standards. HR, and MANAGEMENT all policy and paper puppets. NOT A GOOD ENVIRONMENT. MUCH better hospice companies out there. Wish I did my homework prior to taking this job. What a waste of time that I WILL NEVER GET BACK. ALL ABOUT HIPPA but first ones to OVERRIDE Their own rules for their own. NOT A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY...RUN RUN RUN
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A disappointment
On Call Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2019
So much potential. Greed has ruined what was once a company in which I believed. Medical benefits were unusable with huge out of pocket cost. Lack of appreciation for employee efforts.
This is a ridiculous place to waste your time with!
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 8, 2018
Do you want to work in an environment but displaces you out of your assignments... possibly on a daily basis but still hold you accountable for missed visits, if you love being pulled out of the bed at 3 in the morning even though you just put 10 hours in so you can go do a visit as a backup nurse, if you thrive in disorganized chaos and not knowing one minute to another if watching your back is a good idea or not, or if you cant wait to do an out-of-the-way admission just to find out all the Ducks were NOT in a row and it was a complete waste of time because the family didnt even want hospice to begin with... then this is definitely the place for you to be! Complete time wasters! Ineffective management and corporate says they care, but actions (or lack thereof) paints a whole different picture. Would rather bring on new patients rather than taking care of the ones that they already have. Work and home balance...what does that even mean???
Pros
The SSD Department and case managers and aides are hardworking and compassionate individuals
Cons
I think i made my point above.
ok company to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2017
Ok company to work for. I have not really had a bad experience. The work hours are flexible. The supervisors are willing to work with your schedule. The pay is average.
Very warm and welcoming company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester County, PAJune 22, 2016
Great benefits
nice perks, like tokens to go shopping and census bonuses.

always a live person in the office to answer calls, access to management to get advice or resources.

coworkers are approachable and friendly

The paperwork is/ can be over whelming at times.

Good hours and very flexible time/ vacation requests
Pros
office is centrally located in plymouth meeting
Cons
paperwork
Very caring and compassionat work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2015
Crossroads Hospice is the elite. Our day would start with announcements of deaths, and any needs the team thought a patient could use to make that patient's day better. Followed by a prayer to help guide us through the day.The case managers would get their daily assignments and head out the patient homes. Patient would be assessed for any decline in condition, and provide anything to help them be more comfortable. Medication review would be done with patient, and family, for when the time came that the patient was unable to care for self. All patients and families were treated with respect, and honesty. While caring for these patients one would get attached to the family as well. That was one of the many nice things about the job. Patients and families thought of us as angels, but compassionate human beings is what we were. Unfortunately I had to leave this job due to an illness.
Pros
causing smiles and laughters
Cons
Was unable to diconect in my own life causing to much for my heart to take.
Not at all what I expected
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MOAugust 21, 2014
Absolutely no support to the nurses in the field, their out there to drown while ACD can go home at 5 or be taking "breaks" to smoke. Forget having plans after work, you'll never make it there. Old style with papers, need to come to the 2014 world with computer charting.
With favoritism "the cool kids" can be lazy, insufficient, and take short cuts but praised. Management has no clue how unhappy employees are. Seen a few crying because of the stress and worried about being written up. If your not liked, count your days you'll be gone shortly for some reason.
Handful of caring, compassionate coworkers. The rest are more worried about how quickly to get done with the patients and back to office to socialize.
Chaplains, SW are all amazing and are the only support to the nurses/HHA. If not for them this company would be in a world of hurt. Hardest part is having to leave a pt when there's still things to do for them, but your schedule doesn't allow you to complete them. Gotta meet that quota!
I loved the coworkers that were in it for the right reason, but soon they will wear down too and leave.
Overall a poisonous environment!!!!
Pros
Patients and families are the best part
Cons
Hours worked and never ending paperwork.
Excellent coworkers
PRN Case Management of hospice patients (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2013
Company no longer in business. Staff provided good patient care.
Pros
good hospice care
Cons
instablity of organization
Live to work, not a work to live employer.
R.N. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2012
Once a wonderful place who cared about patients and employees. To much change in wrong direction, you MUST live to work, not work to live. No balance between family/ life and work. Employees get frequent write ups for no reason, or in my case alledged behavior as a patients medical power of attorney was used against me as employee (hostile work enviroment?) Fantastic Clinical staff, Social Workers, Chaplins, Medical records personnel...poor management.
Pros
excellent clinical staff, sw, chaplins, medical office personnel.
Cons
never investigates complaints, writes ups so management can have something to do? poor management.
Great place where people really care about each other and the pt that they care for.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 5, 2012
Starts with prayer and reveiw of new patients and needed services.
I learned alot goes into providing the necessary care and services for those that are terminally ill.

Management- the two leaders are the manage the organization are the best. Very caring and compassionated.

I felt like they cared, did not get to know many of them.

Seeing the pt in the last stage of life. Yet it was rewarding as well

Experiencing an healthcare organization that really cared and willing to go the extra mile to make sure the patients received the very best.
Pros
healthy work envirnment
Cons
uhmmmms, not sure if i can think of any currently