Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews for Hospice Aide

Hospice Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2019
A great company to work for. I cared for patients in a "continuous care" capacity, sitting beside the patient, giving care during their final hours.
Good weekly collaboration/meeting.
My favorite part of the company was their "Gift for the Day" program- giving patients' an opportunity to do one last special activity, like marking off something on their Bucket List.
Best job ever
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2018
Crossroads Hospice is by far the best CNA job i have ever had. I worked monday thru friday and was off every weekend. I went in at 8am and got off at 5pm. I loved my supervisor and my coworkers. They welcome me and made me feel so special and happy to be apart of such a beautiful team. My starting pay was okay but you get yearly raises thats based off your performance which is awesome. There is also room for growth with this company. I love Crossroad Hospice and i recommend this job to everyone that love working and helping people.
Pros
Excellent supervisors, coworkers, and pay, loving environment
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Enjoyed helping people and meeting people on daily. Didn't enjoy the travel as much. Sometimes had to travel up to 1 1/2 hrs away. Worked 12hrs with 4 days off.
Great Veterans Recognition
HOSPICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Nice organization for employment. Not stressful unless you are a poor time manager. Nice tokens of appreciation given from company to staff. Organized great holiday party for Christmas!
Pros
Paid mileage, Flexible schedule
Cons
Travel distances
a decent fun place to work
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  GAJune 5, 2017
what i enjoyed the most is working at my own pace being able to make my own schedule, feeling a sence of freedom lots of freedom on the job; communication is fair i must say so myself.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
lots of driving.
something new every day
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 16, 2017
lots of direct patient care, opportunity to form close working relationships with coworkers and patients, good collaboration of team members, decent benefits
Pros
tokens program
Cons
staffing problems
Census was low so the company laid us off
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 11, 2017
This company is fair with case loads and everyone seem happy. The pay could be better and mileage reimbursement should be higher. Over all a cool company to work for no issues but the normal office atmosphere drama.
Pros
Something like family
Cons
Compensation
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I loved my job as a hospice aide. I learned so much from my coworkers, especially the nurses. I enjoyed getting to know the families and learning about the patient.
nice company to work for
HOSPICE AIDE DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 13, 2016
company was great benefits great. work was busy day in and day out. managment was busy.coworkers very helpful. hardest part was on call.
love my co worker
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 28, 2016
hardest part of my job was losing my patient. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and making them comfortable,
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
I love Crossroads, I have been there six years and I have learned, great things, I thank them for hiring me and giving me a chance to share my abilities as a worker, and the opportunity to learn, even more, the have been one of the best companies, I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great job benefits in all aspects, believe in taking care of their workers and flexible
Cons
Sometimes, there are lots of changes that have to be made, that are hard for everyone.
Morally rewarding patient care
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Green, OHMarch 16, 2016
The work itself was rewarding and emotionally fulfilling. Providing care for others is a beautiful thing. Coworkers and management were all good to work with as a team .
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
mandatory on call
This place needs a new administration
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  PANovember 27, 2015
I loved working for crossroads. I work many hours of ot and filled in alot of gaps when people either quit or got fired. Overall I loved my nurses and my patients but Administration in philadelphia is the worse ever. They would just discipline you off of other employees words and they are just not fair at all. They never show appreciation for putting a wear and tear on your car. They also send you in some of thee worse enviornments that u could possibly imagine and they dont carr while they ait back in the office having a feast. They have fired some of the best hard working people I have ever worked with for the pettiest things.
Pros
Loving patients
Cons
They dont appreciate your harf work.
Too many Cheifs not enough Indians
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 27, 2015
This was such a pleasant place to work at in the beginning. I had worked there for a couple of years. Then of course as always new management comes in trying to change things and its been such a high turnover since then. It used to be like a family but then the owners allow these things to happen on the inside because in the end its all about the money and not about the proper care given to people who truly to do care. It's very sad. You go out of your way for this company and no incentive in return. It's kinda good that you go throught these experiences because it teaches you how not to treat people in your own business. They don't like to pay properly anymore for mileage either especially with all the wear and tear on your vehicle. Everyone is only out for themselves and not 1 unit. Maybe they'll get it one day. Eveywhere I go I always hear something bad about this company, but before I used to defend it. Its actually a good company though. The owners need to revamp some things quickly. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Pros
Meeting some good co workers and the patients
Cons
not enough pay and no team work
company has a resonable benifits package
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work would be: going to the clients' home assisting with the daily living of the client.I learn patients more and more each visit with my clients,because their minds are not always the same everyday and you have to be prepared to help them regaurdless of their conditions.Management is ok to work with because we have the same goals in mind for the clients.My co-workers normally are good to work with.The hardest part of my day is having a sick,or dying client.The most enjoyable part of my day has to be putting a smile on my clients' faces.
Pros
Paid travel time.
Cons
A lot of mileage put on my vehicle.
Hospice Adie
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2013
companion for the patient and family, bathing and ADL's Assist family with the dying and grieving process.
could be a good place to work
hospice aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 19, 2013
there management skills are terrible they are constantly changing the rules and policies that never effect the people in the office they do not back there employess EVER!!!!!! they talk a good game but work there and you will find out its all B.S. they claim to care about the people buts all comes down to the amount of$$$ they can get run from this place
Pros
plenty of vacation time
Cons
everything about this company
Team work
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2012
Management is something else, I work my every day off alway's accuse of doing this or that my performance was never enough I gave my job my best my patients love me and I love some of my coworker only time we really got to see each other was at monday morning meetings,me leaving my patient ,families
Pros
watch your back
Cons
beware of management