Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2019
I was going to resign in a few weeks and in order to cheat me out of vacation, they pushed me to quit or be fired for made up story that did not happen. I ended up getting all I was entitled to after having a family friend/attorney send them a letter.
Pros
None. Avoid this place.
Really a policy?
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City OklahomaNovember 20, 2018
Left my first shift position r/t company needing positions filled for days but unwilling to promote me d/t “Company Policy.” Hurry up and wait........
Unorganized/Constant Upheaval
Case Manager Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2018
During my brief time at Crossroads my training was lacking. There were times I spent three hours just sitting at a desk before I was told what the plan for the day was. Some of the worst communication I've experienced as an employee and they were very disorganized. Very high turnover throughout this location. Management and administrative staff are all new. You will not have the patient load you were promised, some had 8 more patients than our mission was. The upside was interacting with patients and their families, which was an honor.
Pros
Patients and their families
Cons
Little communication, unorganized, high turnover, long days
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2018
Good experience in hospice, and abilities to be a part of the many lives and caring of those in end of life processes. A good place to gain hospice case management and on call RN experience.
Horrible unorganized place of employment
On RN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2017
Very unorganized poor management and too much favoritism shown to the employees that had been there for long times. For people to be all about compassion they didn't show any towards their employees especially the new hires.
Pros
Home health, flexibility
Cons
Poorly operated, uncompassionate to employees and poor benefits
Excellent place to work!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 12, 2017
I LOVE this company and the services provided to patients and families.

I have visited many ECF with other hospice companies that also go there. I have yet to find one unhappy with our care. They love our watch visits, informed 1:1 interactions with their staff for care coordination and EMC services. I must say our EMC services is a favorite of mine. Helping the family cope and keeping our patient(extended family) comfortable on this last part of their journey home.

Take notice we do little advertising. That being said word of mouth from our happy and satisfied families is the best advertisement out there!
If you do your expected job and do it well there are no issues. If you do not then you are let go as you should be.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
full time or PRN only. No part time positions
Nice company to work for
Admit nurse/ Oncall staff/Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 29, 2017
Nice company to work for. Benefits were great and pay schedule was right on target. Company was large but still personable. Had opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Big company
Horrible place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2017
No training. No management. Staff turnover 80% 4-5 people a week leaving. Insurance benefits are a joke. The leaders are too busy ordering lunch to answer questions. Orientation and training non-existant. You will be held accountable even though you have not had proper training. People being fired weekly because they disagree with management. This place is a joke.
Pros
A pay check
RUN as fast as you can.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2017
Poor management. Unorganized. Lots of on-call. People quitting or getting walked out daily. Patients and families complain. If management doesn't like you they will get rid of you. Health benefits worst I have ever seen had to get obama care. Patients mismanaged. They will make up "false" complaints to get rid of the employees they don't like. If you like to kiss up and work long hours its perfect for you.
Pros
Cons
Read the review
Owner sold company
Registered Nurse - Alternate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXDecember 15, 2016
Started with this company when it was opened. Was able to grow with this company not only with growing staff and patient senses but was able to become alternate administrator and about administration responsibilities. Sadly, owner tried to sell company and became disinterested in the growth of company. Left this job d/t illness and had to have surgery. Company was sold.
Pros
great staff
Cons
owner sold out, no benifits
Horrible Hospice Company
RN CM (Former Employee) –  Green, OHOctober 24, 2016
Very bleak outlook for this company that have affected the care for their patients. Most of the patients are Alzheimer's and not qualified for be hospice patients (before they started their palliative program) and kept on hospice for 4-5 years. Admissions office admits patients who are not appropriate and promise family members things that are not possible to be kept and they do not care as long as they can admit the patients. Cutting down on supplies for the patients and using the cheapest possible products even though it would have a detrimental effect on the patients. They always stressed that when people go on hospice they are expected to do worse so there is not need to do your best to make the wounds or the infection better even though those things can be related to symptom control. Thus the products they are using have been changed to those of worse and worse quality ones and is not sufficient to control symptoms. Crossroads also have been laying off essential staffing so existing personnel are overwhelmed trying to provide quality care. They have also cut their Even More Care (EMC) program, the program that had STNAs staying 24/7 by the bedside when the patient is actively dying, the program that got them to where they are today. All these cuts to make more money or maybe to save them from the brink of disaster, either way, Crossroads is far from what they used to be. Surprisingly, they are still spend a lot of money advertising on TV. Crossroads is not about the patients but about making more money. And the atmosphere is estrogen driven. Lots of gossiping and backstabbing.  more... If you are not part of the clique you get the worst assignments and left out of the gossiping circle. If you do anything to make anyone of those in the clique mad they start a paper trail on you citing imaginary complaints that they cannot back up with evidence. "Someone called to complain about you." is what they will put in their write up of you and you can't defend yourself because their word is God's Word and they don't even have to say who called and what the complaint was. They don't even bother to research the complaint because it was made up. The upper management would not do anything because the team leader who initiated the complaint was part of their clique. This is what they mean by nurse eat their own young. When the admission nurses make mistakes, the mistakes are ignored because the admission nurses add numbers to the company. Upper management do not know what they are doing and the rules are changed according to what they feel like that day. And with the company being in a huge mess financially, there is huge layoffs with more to come. This is no longer a company to work for or for your family members to be enrolled into. Not a good time for Crossroads at all. Karma is not too kind sometimes.  less
Pros
Good PTO program
Cons
Incompetent management. CEO doesn't care about anything but the money. Gossiping/backstabbing, micromanagement atmosphere
Crossroads
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 11, 2016
Great Company to work for, caring team and dedicated personnel! I would recommend this company to any of my own family if they were ever in need of hospice.
Awesome benefits
On Call RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2015
Employer offers really good benefits. I work on call so I put a lot of miles on my car, and they have a very large coverage area so there are times I drive 2 hours one way to see a patient.
Compassion
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHApril 2, 2015
Great organization for patients and families. Crossroads exudes compassion and goes above and beyond anytime of day/night.
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  DaytonAugust 4, 2014
Started out as a great experience but quickly turned sour once staffing was cut down. Impossible to work alone doing Oncall.Being called out after working all day to work back up at night because Oncall was short staffed. Too many cheifs and not enough Indians. No leadership. People don't really seem to know how take charge. Still doing paper charting. No computers. Money was good but not worth this hassle. Watch your back in the office. People are quick to throw you under the bus if you don't fit in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
benefits suck, only free if you are single, working 2-4 hours past your get off time due to completing paper work
Very rewarding place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OhioMay 28, 2014
On a typical day the care we give is non stop! Fast pace but rewarding career to have! The staff I work with is wonderful and helpful! The hardest part of the job is losing someone who you have known and cared for for a while.
Pros
Working with a great group of people!
Cons
Driving everywhere
Hostile work environment
RN on call (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 2, 2014
Hostile work environment to workers age 55+; this is a large hospice company whose management style is less than professional.
Pros
travel
Cons
danger to age 55+ employees
Didn't get enough orientation time
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 8, 2013
Visited on average 5 patients per day. Learned how to chart decline in patient (s.) Co-workers tried to answer question, but were busy with their own case loads. Hardest part of the job was patient and family compliance with treatments. I enoyed the rapport gained with patients and there families.
Pros
Able to work at my own speed, in my own time.
Cons
Too mucToo much paperwork. Too short of period to orient to casemanagement position.
I thought it was just me ...... But this place truly does suck!
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHSeptember 19, 2013
Worst management ever, agreed with all the many posters echoing the same sentiments, very stressful, could never do a good enough job for them, total jerk co-workers who eat their young and never get reprimanded for it. Worst job ever.....and this is in 12 years of experience. RUN! What's sad is that there is a good concept in place but everything else is bad.
Pros
Good pay, enjoyed the patients, office food
Cons
Micromanagement! Hateful spiteful mean registered nurse backstabbing co-workers! RUN!
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 4, 2013
has had lots of turnover since I left, some of it was way past due
Pros
good wages
Cons
pricey insurance