Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse Case Manager

Get with the times!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2018
Crossroads is behind the times when it comes to technology. Paperwork OVERLOAD! The paperwork is unbelievable. Be prepared to be repetitive. Orders are written on your daily charting note, then on an Order Form, then again on a daily med list. Every 2 weeks you'll meet with your team and do a 3 page set of paperwork for each patient and have to sit through everyone's rundown of their patient. Be prepared to take paperwork home (average of 2 hours a day, NON-PAID). They've been promising us tablets for 7 years.
The patient care is fairly easy. The company is short-staffed, so they're constantly loading up both the RNs and Aides with a ton of patients to see and chart on. They use one pharmacy, located in Bartlett, close to the main office. So if you have patients 50 miles out, you still have to go that pharmacy to pick it up. You'll deliver all meds!
Then there's on-call...You will be called, because they are understaffed, always.
Like many companies, promotions are given to those who aren't necessarily qualified. The nurse that took short cuts, lied on timesheet, had poor work ethic, dumped work off on others is the one getting promoted.
Pros
autonomy; friendly staff
Cons
won't get paid for all the extra work you do. no work life balance
Don't work here if you want a life of your own
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2018
I worked at the Atlanta branch-VERY STRESSFUL. In the beginning it was great, then it progressed to having to work more and more hours with less time off. They expect your whole life to revolve around them. They also expect you to travel over a wide territory with a heavy caseload. There is little to no help as staff changes frequently.
Cons
expected work hours
Great company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Green, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Crossroads is hands down the best in the business for both patients and caregivers. The pay is excellent, any issues are resolved quickly, the staff is passionate about what they do. I left hospice to gain other experience, but what I was provided as a case manager here are skills that will last a lifetime, and a much more compassionate view of nursing. These people genuinely give me hope for the human race.
Pros
Pay, tons of time off, bereavement for patients in some circumstances, caring, friendly, supportive environment, automomous yet collaborative
Cons
Admissions department can be a bit pushy
Bad experience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioDecember 21, 2017
I wanted to like my position, but the management was the worst. I decided it was time to use my nursing skills elsewhere. The culture is Brown Mackie all the way. I just feel bad for the clients whom are promised everything then left dry!
Pros
Cons
Not for a professional!
Na
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 28, 2017
Team collaboration is great. However, it is difficult to perform the documentation required within the paid workday especially due to lack of time allowance to travel aver a large area in a heavily trafficked city.
Be warned
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2017
For those who didn't get laid off, company benefits were cut terribly. The only beneficial plan was the catastrophic coverage.

This can be an ok job if your spouse has good benefits.The bad leaks down from the owners and their benefits company. The good leaks up from the staff. Unfortunately, gravity has kept almost none of it from getting to the top.

It used to be awesome. Many good people including myself left on our own. Other good people were laid off. Some good people stayed but I wouldn't jump on this sinking ship.

If you love the idea of hospice, you will probably be let down here.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Benefits, Communication, Owners
great care is still given
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHDecember 31, 2016
Company has had some challenges, overall great care is still given. Great teamwork, we have pulled together to care for our patients/families, despite long hrs
Pros
teamwork and a common goal to serve
Cons
lay offs, poor benefits, more work
Love this company and everything it stands for
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 17, 2016
I have been a nurse for 35 years and this is the best Company I have ever worked for.
Their goals and mission statement are carried out on a daily basis.
As the largest hospice and the state of Missouri, it is understandable why.
This company provides more care at the bedside than any other hospice in the state.
Training is excellent and multiple resources available to you 24/7.
I love all the extra programs that we provide which we do because of the owners vision and mission to provide the best care possible.
This company truly cares about its employees and it shows,
You will love working here
Pros
Excellent management and leadership at this site, work with the best medical directors who are available around the clock, love getting the time to actual care for and teach my patients about their disease process
Cons
Nine
Hospice Reimbursement Killing The Company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 15, 2016
This was a great company a few years back. The future looks bleak to say the least. DONS last approximately 1 year, Corporate faces are always the same. Time to move to greener pastures'. Get It!
Pros
Spending quality time with clients.
Cons
30000 miles year on your car with .36 reimbursement a joke
Over worked, under payed
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 10, 2016
Unrealistic expectations. Management supports an vile and uncaring environment. Basis of on-call process is unrealistic( nurses are on call 24hrs/day 7 days/week). Backstabbing, management will throw you under the bus for their own good, beware of your own RN licensure.
na
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Green, OHApril 26, 2016
busy company, turn over rate is ridiculous. will not investigate family complaints to what nursing documents, takes families word over employees
Hospice Nursing
RN Case Manager/Weekend RN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 27, 2016
Typical day at work involved seeing multiple patients in multiple areas within a 60 mile radius.
Two days a week I traveled over 110 miles to see 6 patients in areas that other nurses also went.

Co-workers were great to work with. The STNAs, Chaplains, Social Workers and other RNs were so supportive which made this job well worth it.

I learned a lot about Hospice nursing which I had never done before especially from my medical director.
poor high stress environment
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa ksJanuary 31, 2015
This company use to be a great place to work for, well where do I begin. First management is a joke, they are quick to send out nasty and threatened emails. Very high turnover. Staff that's been working for years will get fired for any allegation. There are a lot of favoritism. ACD staff are true snakes they will stab you in the back and are always sneaking around trying to get other staff members in trouble for no reason. The work load is unbearable. Too much paper work with less time to turn in. Now let's talk about the pay. They are constantly losing your time and not getting paid for it. The mileage sucks, you are expected to drive all over town and not get reimburse for your miles. Lately we haven't been getting paid on our correct paydays and was told the day before our checks will be deposited a day late. The list goes on and on. Run from this company, they will pretend to be supported only for a short while then send you walking when they get ready.
Pros
patients and families
Cons
pay, mileage, management, back stabbers, emails
Poor mamagement
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHNovember 2, 2014
Loved the patients and helping them thru this time in their lives. Death is difficult and I enjoyed helping them find peace in letting their loved ones go.
Pros
Working with patients and families
Cons
high staff turnover
Great Place
Registered nurse, hospice case manager (Former Employee) –  Green, OHAugust 15, 2014
Loved working for Crossroads Hospice, great place to learn and grow. Management and co-workers were super helpful and always around when you need then for support and help.
Pros
Manage your own time schedule
Cons
Hard to attend school if you wanted
Stressfull job
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHMarch 23, 2014
Not like it used to be! Expect too much. Too much on call time without adequate compensation, Alot of favoritism. Management doesn't care. Moral is getting poor.
Cons
work load too heavy, too much on call