Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews

Cna/dme coordinator
Certified Nurses Assistant, DME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2018
After the first 5 minutes of my orientation I knew I would be retiring from Crossroads! It was such a great company and they LOVED their employees! But, things started to change around 2016. There were lay offs, cut backs and everything became about the "DOLLAR" So, I was layed off with an ok severence package along with a few other employees that had been there years before I came along. After being gone from CRH for 8 months I applied for a CNA position with them again and was rehired. After being back for 6 months I was asked to take a "Higher" position. I turned it down because I KNEW I would be losing money by not getting a certain amount of miles I'm used to getting. I was asked twice to take the position and after the promise of a 1.00 raise I took the position. 7 months in the position I had a family crisis and had to move to a different state. After being gone for 2 months I asked if I could come back and was told NO because I didn't give a 2 week notice! SEVERAL PEOPLE have done this but know its "against company policy"! After a total of 5 years with CRH I just expected more understanding, more love, more care! Is that not how we are told to treat our patients and families? Why aren't WE(the employees) shown the same? I can't say that I had any terrible experiences at CRH, but there is unfair treatment of ALL EMPLOYEES! BRING BACK THE LOVE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES CRH!
Pros
Bonds with families and employees
Cons
No respect, Love or care for employees!
Loved working with families and taking care of their loved ones.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2018
Working in different homes, nursing homes or care facilities. Caring for people during end of life, being there for their families as their love ones are in their final days, weeks or hours.
Pros
Bonds you built with your clients & families.
Cons
On call and traveling with little compensation for wear & tear on your personal vehicle.
Very partal to some, unfair to others. Management is the first to blame someones for problems they aren't willing to fix.
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green, OHNovember 22, 2018
Management will cut employees hours, to guarantee their Bonuses.
The company has a huge turn over every week.

Hours are Monday - Friday for office employees only.
Pros
9-5 job
Cons
Favoritisem, Eager to blame others.
Really a policy?
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City OklahomaNovember 20, 2018
Left my first shift position r/t company needing positions filled for days but unwilling to promote me d/t “Company Policy.” Hurry up and wait........
Unorganized/Constant Upheaval
Case Manager Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2018
During my brief time at Crossroads my training was lacking. There were times I spent three hours just sitting at a desk before I was told what the plan for the day was. Some of the worst communication I've experienced as an employee and they were very disorganized. Very high turnover throughout this location. Management and administrative staff are all new. You will not have the patient load you were promised, some had 8 more patients than our mission was. The upside was interacting with patients and their families, which was an honor.
Pros
Patients and their families
Cons
Little communication, unorganized, high turnover, long days
Horrible leadership, horrible benefits, still on paper charting
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 5, 2018
Consider at your own risk. Leadership is not interested in the well being of their employees only money, which definitely affects patient care negatively. The place is a revolving door and constantly under staffed. Leadership also doesn’t utilize the staff they have efficiently, staff is often overwhelmed which of course contributes to the revolving door. Office atmosphere is very unwelcoming. Leadership loves to micro-manage.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Favoritism
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2018
This place of employment has their favorites and will stick by that other than the truth. The work ethic of an employee was never acknowledged when it came to the favorites they had.
Get with the times!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2018
Crossroads is behind the times when it comes to technology. Paperwork OVERLOAD! The paperwork is unbelievable. Be prepared to be repetitive. Orders are written on your daily charting note, then on an Order Form, then again on a daily med list. Every 2 weeks you'll meet with your team and do a 3 page set of paperwork for each patient and have to sit through everyone's rundown of their patient. Be prepared to take paperwork home (average of 2 hours a day, NON-PAID). They've been promising us tablets for 7 years.
The patient care is fairly easy. The company is short-staffed, so they're constantly loading up both the RNs and Aides with a ton of patients to see and chart on. They use one pharmacy, located in Bartlett, close to the main office. So if you have patients 50 miles out, you still have to go that pharmacy to pick it up. You'll deliver all meds!
Then there's on-call...You will be called, because they are understaffed, always.
Like many companies, promotions are given to those who aren't necessarily qualified. The nurse that took short cuts, lied on timesheet, had poor work ethic, dumped work off on others is the one getting promoted.
Pros
autonomy; friendly staff
Cons
won't get paid for all the extra work you do. no work life balance
A Great Place to Work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2018
A wonderful work environment with very supportive staff who truly care about the patients they serve. Salary and benefits are good. Excellent training program
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Room to grow
Volunteer certification process is long, but solid experience.
Volunteer Care Partner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2018
I learned a lot volunteering for Crossroads. It is a fairly small operation, but they are professional and very considerate. The training process to volunteer is lengthy, not something you should do on a whim to volunteer. Must be serious about doing good work.
Un professional
nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
Micro management, gossip, high turnover, lack of training,,stressful environment, all chiefs no Indians, your opinion is not valued , close door gossip and intimidation!
Pros
Green color soothing
Cons
Management, turnover and gossip
Go elsewhere
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
High turnover rate. I was there 3 years & went through 3 Executive Directors & 3 Clinical Directors. At 3 years, sadly I was one of the longest employees at this company. VERY stressful environment. When I left, we had missing recerts & missing nursing visits, all of which Management was aware of, but did nothing about it. Worked with constant interruptions. Management is horrible. They keep the employees who have no idea what they are doing, and let the ones go who actually do their job.
The icing on the cake for me was.... they actually threw a wedding in our conference room for an employee smack dab in the middle of a work day & expected everyone to attend! So if you think your family members are being cared for, you are wrong. The biggest horse & pony show I have ever worked for. My only regret.....not leaving sooner, like all my friends did before me. Smart move!
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Everything BUT Leaving
I hated working here!
STNA (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 12, 2018
This company is a joke. They don't care about the employees at all. They overwork the stna's and are super unorganized. I felt like I was in a cult working there. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2018
Good experience in hospice, and abilities to be a part of the many lives and caring of those in end of life processes. A good place to gain hospice case management and on call RN experience.
STL Location needs better leadership
Assistant Clinical Director, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 14, 2018
Great people to work with. Committed staff. Team effort to get things done. Poor work life balance. Too much expected on-call commitments. This location struggles with leadership. Once they can fix that problem along with the on-call commitment, it would be a great place to work.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Poor work life balance
This is a ridiculous place to waste your time with!
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 8, 2018
Do you want to work in an environment but displaces you out of your assignments... possibly on a daily basis but still hold you accountable for missed visits, if you love being pulled out of the bed at 3 in the morning even though you just put 10 hours in so you can go do a visit as a backup nurse, if you thrive in disorganized chaos and not knowing one minute to another if watching your back is a good idea or not, or if you cant wait to do an out-of-the-way admission just to find out all the Ducks were NOT in a row and it was a complete waste of time because the family didnt even want hospice to begin with... then this is definitely the place for you to be! Complete time wasters! Ineffective management and corporate says they care, but actions (or lack thereof) paints a whole different picture. Would rather bring on new patients rather than taking care of the ones that they already have. Work and home balance...what does that even mean???
Pros
The SSD Department and case managers and aides are hardworking and compassionate individuals
Cons
I think i made my point above.
Slow
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLMarch 24, 2018
You don’t really get any hours . If the manager doesn’t like you she cuts your hours . Her daughter also works and sits on the clock for free and never there .
Stressful disorganized for profit hospice
Hospice aide (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2018
Was told I had the job with a certain pay on a certain shift, once I was hired I was told a lower wage with a completely different shift. At that point, I already put a two-week notice at my former employer so I was stuck in a bad position.

Staff is mostly friendly albeit suspicious of newcomers and hardly welcoming. If you’re new to the job, expect to work the vacant shift that no one else will take. Expect to drive the furthest amongst your team.
Pros
Decent pay, ok insurance, abundant paid time off
Cons
You will drive FAR. Newcomers are not welcomed openly, management and team leaders disorganized.
great job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2018
it was a great job I loves it. working and helping people is a joy. Hopice was a great learning for me. I would do it again. The management was great. we where like family. I would go back and work for this company in a heart beat. the hardest part of my job was when one of my Pt's passed I would cry all the time. but was glad I was there with them and for the family.
Pros
being my on boss the trust they had
Cons
driving
best experience of my life.
On-Call Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Awesome schedule. Great co-workers. Work in could believe in and time to provide the one on one care we all wish to give. I left only because my son passed away and I worried that would affect my abilities bedside