Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews

Best job ever
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2018
Crossroads Hospice is by far the best CNA job i have ever had. I worked monday thru friday and was off every weekend. I went in at 8am and got off at 5pm. I loved my supervisor and my coworkers. They welcome me and made me feel so special and happy to be apart of such a beautiful team. My starting pay was okay but you get yearly raises thats based off your performance which is awesome. There is also room for growth with this company. I love Crossroad Hospice and i recommend this job to everyone that love working and helping people.
Pros
Excellent supervisors, coworkers, and pay, loving environment
Cons
Don't work here if you want a life of your own
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2018
I worked at the Atlanta branch-VERY STRESSFUL. In the beginning it was great, then it progressed to having to work more and more hours with less time off. They expect your whole life to revolve around them. They also expect you to travel over a wide territory with a heavy caseload. There is little to no help as staff changes frequently.
Cons
expected work hours
Very productive
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Very helpful in handling difficult situation but management is terrible in the office. Constantly use profanity and staff is bullied by upper management and afraid to stand up for others and themselves. Employees are being falsely accused and disrespected all the time and your personal business or any personal problems is gossip for the office. Social worker in change of running her department is pitiful and a big liar. If they fire her, this place would be awesome.
Pros
Out in the field most of the time.
Cons
Driving long distances
friendly staff easy to work with, opportunities for advancement in the workplace
Current hospice Stna (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Helping patients with their end of life journey, scheduling flexibility, some flaws in management but getting better. I enjoy taking care of my patients everyday and supporting them and their families emotionally and spiritually.
Pros
helping patients and their families everyday
Cons
working on call shifts
Great company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Green, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Crossroads is hands down the best in the business for both patients and caregivers. The pay is excellent, any issues are resolved quickly, the staff is passionate about what they do. I left hospice to gain other experience, but what I was provided as a case manager here are skills that will last a lifetime, and a much more compassionate view of nursing. These people genuinely give me hope for the human race.
Pros
Pay, tons of time off, bereavement for patients in some circumstances, caring, friendly, supportive environment, automomous yet collaborative
Cons
Admissions department can be a bit pushy
Stressful work environmet
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Not conducive to growth. Micromangers that don't provide supportive environment for staff. Communication between systems is poor. A typical day at work; not knowing what you will be doing.
Management is not surrportive of staff.
Workplace culture does not want employees to interact with one another
The hardest part of the job is the ambiguity
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff
Pros
Small
Cons
healthcare, stressful environment
Management nightmare
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Management is a revolving door. Since I have been at Crossroads Hospice, there have been several shifts in the management. Team leaders have also walked out the door.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management on many levels
Horrible unorganized place of employment
On RN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2017
Very unorganized poor management and too much favoritism shown to the employees that had been there for long times. For people to be all about compassion they didn't show any towards their employees especially the new hires.
Pros
Home health, flexibility
Cons
Poorly operated, uncompassionate to employees and poor benefits
Bad experience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioDecember 21, 2017
I wanted to like my position, but the management was the worst. I decided it was time to use my nursing skills elsewhere. The culture is Brown Mackie all the way. I just feel bad for the clients whom are promised everything then left dry!
Pros
Cons
Not for a professional!
Social Work Intern
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 18, 2017
It was very experimental for me and I learned a lot. It was very diverse and I got to meet people before their end of life ended. I also got to see lots of smiles during my time there.
Excellent place to work!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 12, 2017
I LOVE this company and the services provided to patients and families.

I have visited many ECF with other hospice companies that also go there. I have yet to find one unhappy with our care. They love our watch visits, informed 1:1 interactions with their staff for care coordination and EMC services. I must say our EMC services is a favorite of mine. Helping the family cope and keeping our patient(extended family) comfortable on this last part of their journey home.

Take notice we do little advertising. That being said word of mouth from our happy and satisfied families is the best advertisement out there!
If you do your expected job and do it well there are no issues. If you do not then you are let go as you should be.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
full time or PRN only. No part time positions
STNA (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 11, 2017
Depending on the day and the coworkers. I really enjoyed my time at Crossroads. I enjoyed 98% of the employees I worked with. If I had the opportunity I would definetly go back to Crosroads.
Pros
Feeling needed
Cons
Negativity between coworkers, communication gap between upper management and employees.
busy
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHDecember 6, 2017
Very busy doing multiple jobs. Filing in charts. answering the phones. putting charts together. Faxing data entry emailing. Working with many different people in different fields.
Great place
Certified Medical Assistant on Call team (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2017
Great place to work for, if it weren't for nursing school interfering with my hours I would still be working there. The management was great to the employees and treated everyone like family. We all took care of our own.
Pros
we were family
Cons
nothing
good place
STNA (Current Employee) –  Valleyview, OHNovember 19, 2017
crossroads is a good place to work the work load is not heavy but it can be stressfull dealing with families who have lost someone the loved the pay was ok but the benefits where unbearable and you probabaly wont be able to afford them in the end taking care of people at the end of life and the thanks and graditude you get from it is great
Pros
very fullfilling
Cons
bad heath insurance
Loved it
Assistant case manager/ (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 17, 2017
So many things I learned. The staff was great. The philosophy behind Crossroads was exceptional. Some of the RN case managers were difficult to work with. The operations manager at my location was lacking in management skills. But the concept was wonderful
Great place to work with great people to work with
Hospice Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 3, 2017
I didnt work there long so I cannot say weather I liked it or disliked it. I know that the people that do work there are fairly nice. I know that they have paperwork after paperwork to do on a daily basis.
Pros
working independently
Cons
lots of paper work
Management has no clue whats going on
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2017
Crossroads in OKC has undergone a lot of changes in the one year I have worked here. Management is clueless as to day-to-day goings on in the company. They are also apparently unwilling to improve or change. Your voice is not heard. In the past 2 months, almost 10 of Crossroads employees have left to work for two of our competitors because the work culture and benefits are better. The health insurance is awful. Would not recommend to a friend/family member or anyone I care about.
Work with the best team of employee, change people's lives
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2017
The toughest job you'll ever love. Each day demands you best. It requires clinical and people skills and excellent time management. You will be given the tools to get your work done, administration and support staff are there to assist. Be prepared to bring your A game every day and open to learn or refine existing skills. Flexibility is essential as critically ill patient needs are always changing, the plan for the day is often changed due to patient needs.
Pros
Job satisfaction, you make a difference in people's lives
Cons
Never a slow day.
Great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company but due to relocation the pay was not manageable. Pto was always available if you had tje time available. Several picnics and employee banquets every year.
Good