Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews

happy to make people smile
Student LPN/Hospice Aid (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 13, 2017
The staff in Crossroads Hospice carries each others boarding. They share ideas on how the company can continue growing, morning devotions. staff care.
Pros
sometimes, staff cant get their breaks
Cons
Ability to make people happy
Horrible place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2017
No training. No management. Staff turnover 80% 4-5 people a week leaving. Insurance benefits are a joke. The leaders are too busy ordering lunch to answer questions. Orientation and training non-existant. You will be held accountable even though you have not had proper training. People being fired weekly because they disagree with management. This place is a joke.
Pros
A pay check
RUN as fast as you can.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2017
Poor management. Unorganized. Lots of on-call. People quitting or getting walked out daily. Patients and families complain. If management doesn't like you they will get rid of you. Health benefits worst I have ever seen had to get obama care. Patients mismanaged. They will make up "false" complaints to get rid of the employees they don't like. If you like to kiss up and work long hours its perfect for you.
Pros
Cons
Read the review
n/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 3, 2017
The management is pretty bad. We have poor health insurance and benifits. I love the patients but no teamwork or apreciations for what you do, but I loev my job
Pros
love working with patients
Cons
poor health insurance
providing days off,company parties,raises for com
Palliative Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2017
My typical day is going to office and assure that daily staff care is provided to each patients.Work with others in a professional manner.
.Work with any new staff that enjoys working with the patients through out this overall process Feeling sad for the families when the patient leaves us from this planet. If you to be-friend someone from another you may learn some thing you had no knowledge about know.
Pros
hour lunches on short days, food provided by marketers for staff
Cons
extra patient staff load if you have multiple patient load, when
Producive job
Certified Nurse Assistant/Hospice Aid (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2017
My day is always produtive,enjoy being able to be with patients and their families at their time of need although during the time of death maybe sad its always good to have a great support system
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Mismanaged in many ways.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 15, 2017
Employee reviews based on gossip rather than performance. Bullying incidences tolerated and/or ignored.
Overworked staff;
Executive Director with limited experience
Pros
Some really good people.
Cons
The best people leave.
amazing staff, terrible management
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHFebruary 23, 2017
When I first started working at Crossroads I thought that I would never leave here, I absolutely loved it here. The direct staff I work with are amazing !!! But some things in the past few months have gone wrong and I just don't feel the same. The staff are as amazing as they can be, but the management level has decreased leaving many wanting change.
Pros
nothing
Cons
healthcare insurance
productive and kind environment
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
We care about our patients and you can tell by the extra time we take for them. My work load is managed so that I can meet the needs of my patient's. The culture is nice too. I wish we had better benefits.
Pros
culture
benefits
Productive enviornment
Home Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa KSFebruary 16, 2017
I gained knowledge regarding end of life care and how to provide emotional support to families. I learned how to work in a team and how to manage stress.
Pros
great staff
Cons
stress
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3669 Shelby oakJanuary 27, 2017
Crossroads hospice is a great company to work for. They take pride in helping people's. I never met anyone out of the 6 yrs I worked there that didn't love what they was doing. The only reason I left is the company downsized and laid 50 people off and I was in the number.otherwise I would still be at crossroad. I loved working there and have the most respect for the company.
Pros
I love all of they programs
Cons
I love crossroads hospice
Productive Hospice Company
REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Overall Crossroads Hospice is a great company to work for if helping others is your passion. Your coworkers become like family and its all about teamwork.
Hospice Aide
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I loved my job as a hospice aide. I learned so much from my coworkers, especially the nurses. I enjoyed getting to know the families and learning about the patient.
great care is still given
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHDecember 31, 2016
Company has had some challenges, overall great care is still given. Great teamwork, we have pulled together to care for our patients/families, despite long hrs
Pros
teamwork and a common goal to serve
Cons
lay offs, poor benefits, more work
A very nice place to work. Management care about their workers.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 23, 2016
No day in Hospice is the same. So the change was good. I learned the importance of pain control among other things. Management was wonderful. They genially care for their employees. We were like one big family.
Pros
The impact i would make on someones life.
Cons
the driving around
Love this company and everything it stands for
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 17, 2016
I have been a nurse for 35 years and this is the best Company I have ever worked for.
Their goals and mission statement are carried out on a daily basis.
As the largest hospice and the state of Missouri, it is understandable why.
This company provides more care at the bedside than any other hospice in the state.
Training is excellent and multiple resources available to you 24/7.
I love all the extra programs that we provide which we do because of the owners vision and mission to provide the best care possible.
This company truly cares about its employees and it shows,
You will love working here
Pros
Excellent management and leadership at this site, work with the best medical directors who are available around the clock, love getting the time to actual care for and teach my patients about their disease process
Cons
Nine
Hospice Reimbursement Killing The Company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 15, 2016
This was a great company a few years back. The future looks bleak to say the least. DONS last approximately 1 year, Corporate faces are always the same. Time to move to greener pastures'. Get It!
Pros
Spending quality time with clients.
Cons
30000 miles year on your car with .36 reimbursement a joke
Owner sold company
Registered Nurse - Alternate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXDecember 15, 2016
Started with this company when it was opened. Was able to grow with this company not only with growing staff and patient senses but was able to become alternate administrator and about administration responsibilities. Sadly, owner tried to sell company and became disinterested in the growth of company. Left this job d/t illness and had to have surgery. Company was sold.
Pros
great staff
Cons
owner sold out, no benifits
nice company to work for
HOSPICE AIDE DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 13, 2016
company was great benefits great. work was busy day in and day out. managment was busy.coworkers very helpful. hardest part was on call.
many changes past 3 months
Staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 19, 2016
office staff is great. corporate is unpredictable. job security is unpredictable. benefits have significantly declined. patients come first and are very well cared for.