CROSSROADS PROGRAMS, INC Employee Reviews

Break Down
Youth Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJNovember 10, 2018
During a typical day most of the youth are supposed to be in school. The rest who have graduated or who are yet to be enrolled.

Throughout the day there are room check conduced for the youth who are still in the group home.There is a sign in and out book to allow the youth to have some accountability.

I've learn so many things since I have been there.

Medication is also dispensed if need on each shift.

The hardest part about the job is getting a good shift partner to work with.

The most enjoyable part the job is working along side the director at my program.
Cons
Break
Dont Do it!!!
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 25, 2018
Listen, Crossroads is a good stepping stone if you are just coming in the field of mental health. But please do not think for a minute that there is advancement in this company because you will be highly disappointed. The sucks in comparison to the amount of work you will be doing.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, stressful job
Interactive Work Environment
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 23, 2018
Crossroads is a great company to work for but some of the group homes were not the best. In particular, the group home I was a part of was good and the staff were easy to work with. The youth residents kept the staff busy. The program directed was nice and easy to talk to. The case manager did her job effectively. Overall, it was a good experience for me.
Pros
Interaction with youth daily, Access to supervisor when needed, great staff to work with
Cons
Long hours at times, some coworkers were not easy to work with
Amazing place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJDecember 24, 2017
I really enjoy the actual work and the clients I am working with and I love what the company does for the clients! To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family.
Nice work enviroment
Life Skills Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJSeptember 29, 2017
This company was very nice to work for however the management at the program that I worked at was very biased and sexist. The previous supervisor was wonderful. The company overall is a great company.
Booo
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJSeptember 11, 2017
No growth no raises . Supervisors lie the schedule is bull. They lie about positions to get you to work hard they don't prepare you with the type of clients they are getting
Enjoy Population
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJAugust 30, 2017
Great atmosphere, but the pay is not equivalent to the amount of work done. This program requires you to work with a dual population as it is a mommy and me program.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Fun workplace and great youth to help
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJFebruary 13, 2017
I love this job because when I teach the youth new things or they learn new skills to take with them later in life, then they can be successful because they were taught those skills.
Different
Clinical Case Manager/Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJDecember 22, 2016
I learned more about myself as an employee and a leader. No room for advancement within the company. learned a lot about nj system of care
Working with youth
Senior Program Director (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 8, 2016
Really dedicated to improving the lives of youth,busy, team work, enjoy working here. Working with people who share the same mission, variety of youth populations served
Pros
Small but growing
Cons
pay scale
Support for kids in need
Youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJDecember 11, 2014
Crossroads is a very flexible working environment. They strive to empower youth who are abused, neglected or homeless to live healthy productive lives. They have several programs that are demanding and sometimes disorganized but can be worthwhile. Very stressful employment.
Close-knit family environment committed to their mission
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJNovember 11, 2013
Great people to work for-always room for movement. Employees are appreciated for their ideas and input as a means of improvement. Great place to start....
Striving hard to meet the needs of the population it services
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 22, 2013
very rewarding to work with youth that are in need of services.
Great place to work at the time. Learning experience
Full Charge Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJMay 1, 2012
I learned a lot working at Crossroads Programs. I enjoyed working with the controller. She was always willing to help me learn new things