Crossroads Trading Co. Employee Reviews

Great entry-level job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
Typical days at work can be exhausting, but not terribly, I have learned quite a lot about brands, trends, and customer service. Management is fantastic, they are understanding and kind. I had to take a medical leave with short notice that lasted longer than expected and my job was there for me when I was released. The hardest part of the job customers who are extremely difficult when it comes to common sense or just common courtesy. The best part about working at Crossroads are my coworkers. They make the job enjoyable at times. I've come to the conclusion that Crossroads, my location in particular, only hires genuine people with an eye for fashion.
Always interesting
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 27, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The only reason why I left was because I had a better job offer.

If you are looking for a relaxed job and you love fashion, then you'll enjoy working here. I loved the scheduling because it was mostly a fixed schedule. The earliest shift they had allowed me to sleep in and I was off early enough to go out after. You are able to make your own decisions here. Depending on your coworkers the environment could be very fun. I met some of the most amazing and talented people. The only con I have is the small staff. You work closely with a limited number of workers and tension builds sometimes. But, overall I recommend working here.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers, Fashion related
Cons
Tension with Coworkers
Relaxed Fun Place Good Prices For A Trendy Shopper
Sales Associate/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 23, 2018
A typical work day at Crossroads would be to open up all registers count the tills, open doors for customers greet them as they'd come in, learn store product and inventory we carry for shoppers ,maintain a clean workspace for yourself and fellow employees at all times assist with all customer questions and enjoy being a team player.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a
Great for students
Supervisor/Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
One of the only work places out there that will try and work with the schedule you give. Will feel like home when you're there, great on the job training.
Great start for those interested in the fashion business
Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2018
Loved the work environment there! I got to learn a lot as a buyer and I know it will help me in the future in the fashion industry. If you don't know a lot about trends or brands, you can easily learn by seeing all the labels we buy in.
Pros
Great discounts and you see all the new items as soon as they come in
Cons
Takes a long time for advancements in positions
one of my favorite stores
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2018
I had always loved (and still do) Crossroads growing up, and I had always wanted to work there. I worked there for 6 months; I took it as a second job to the job I was already working. They started me 50 cents above minimum wage, and I believe I got a 20-25% discount on clothes (which I LOVED). Its easy to spend your paychecks there if you don't have self discipline. I was good with customer service so they stuck me on the register a lot, but I loved working the fitting rooms where the incoming clothes were tagged for security as well. Coworkers are alright....a lot were fake nice & some treated the people that hadn't been there as long rudely & in a condescending manner, so that became old quick. Mostly girls work at these kind of stores so it can get catty sometimes.
Pros
great discount, atmosphere, all the clothes and shoes!, great benefits if full time
Cons
coworkers can be catty, you can end up going broke by working here (all the clothes)
Great once you get the swing of things.
Buyer/Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 14, 2018
Be prepared to deal with customers that aren't happy with buying decision making.
I would suggest you learn as much as you can observing other buyer at the buy stations.
It fairly collaborative, which means you'll ask for tons of "seconds," which are second opinions for merchandise being bought in.
There is room to grow but you really have to let them know ahead of time what you want out of working with CR. You must be actively reviewing your goals with your manager/supervisors and make sure to ask for suggestions on what they deem correct ways to show skill/readiness for advancement. :) hope this helped.
Pros
Can be very creative and fun.
Cons
Can't think outside the box.
Build your wardrobe and learn from their mistakes
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2018
Corporate is clueless, unsupportive, and incompetent. The work day goes by a lot more seamlessly if they simply were not there. They are stubborn to new ideas and do not understand their customers, trends, or fashion. Don't try to go above and beyond, incompetency is promoted here (literally). A typical day is store management avoiding actual work and unfairly delegating tasks. The workplace culture is toxic and deceitful with management ready to throw anyone, who's not a brown-nose, under the bus. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management's managing and the most enjoyable parts of the job are the clothes and the discount. Have fun, talk to customers, build your wardrobe and get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unfair management, favoritism, general cluelessness from upper management.
productive workplace
Sales Associate Crossroads Trading Co (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 29, 2018
gained good and useful experiences within the workplace environment. I met new people and learned new skills to help improve my work quality in the workplace.
To each is its own
Fashion Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2018
I feel that this is a job in which you should experience for yourself. However I LOVE working in the bay area and the culture is so beautiful! I not only made friends there, but they had become more like family to me.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Security
One of the best places I have worked at
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 3, 2018
From the fashion, the fun, and friends I worked with I can definitely say that Crossroads was a highlight in my career. It was very educational as well, as you had to stay on top of fashion trends.
Pros
The clothes
Cons
Retail customers
Fun work Place
Fashion Buyer (Former Employee) –  EvanstonApril 25, 2018
This is a great place for fashionistas in high school or college. The staff is really friendly and the work is not hard. Perks are getting gifts cards for doing well and receiving free merchandise.The work isn’t hard and it can be fun. Cons are that they pay as little as possible and they are stingy with raises. They don’t promote within the company to save money .
Pros
Free clothes, cool staff
Cons
Low pay, no promotions
High energy and amazing products. Job structure needed work!
Buyer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11249February 17, 2018
Crossroads was a very essential step in my development as a creative individual. Although it was a retail job, I worked as a Buyer and was heavily responsible for the clothing that the store brought in. This job is partially responsible for my taste in clothing & design overall. With my position, I was able to work alongside a team and build an identity for our store based on the type and caliber of clothing we inducted.
Pros
Great exposure to luxury products and comfortable learning environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Wages
Ten years ago nothing to review
Assistant Store Manager / Clothing Buyer (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I haven't worked at Crossroads Trading Company in 10 years. My time there was great. I learned a lot about being a clothing buyer and assist manager which I have brought to other employers since then. It was a great experience!
Pros
Learned to be a manager
Cons
No Cons
Good highschool job
Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Would recommend for people that are trying to gain some work experience who have none. More of an environment that a high schooler would enjoy. The clothing discount is nice but I felt underappreciated at work.
Great fashion and a close team
Assistant Manager and Consignment Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was the Company structure. If you needed to you could be in contact with the VP of the company and she would know your name and face. The same goes for inner store management they are there with you to solve problems and make the store successful.
Fun work place
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAOctober 5, 2017
Crossroads is a fun, fast paced work environment. This company has good morals and standards. Crossroads is a very transparent company. You get exactly what you see!
Pros
Fun people, discount on clothes
Cons
Sometimes stressful
fun place to work
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
it was a cool job to have when you are young trying to figure things out.I would definitely recommend it to someone in college or out of high school. its a place for young adults.
parking is $5 a day. company refuses to help pay for parking.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 5, 2017
Don't work here if you don't live right on colorado or raymond and green. Company does not help with parking. Which can be anywhere from $5-$10 a day depending where you park.
Pros
sometimes buy doughnuts or snacks for employees
Cons
hours unstable.
If you love shopping and meeting people than this is your place!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 2, 2017
Fast paced, always something to do. Every day is different. You work with great people in a team environment. Room for growth! Must love clothes and shopping! 🙂
Pros
Meet great people while you work
Cons
Its what you make of it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossroads Trading Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about