Crossroads Trading Co. Employee Reviews

Horrible experience. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
Buyer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2019
Little to no room for advancement. They were very phony at the brooklyn location. I was very unhappy there. I hated coming to work. Its literally like slavery and you are very unappreciated.
Awful experience
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 3, 2019
Lead tech was a condescending and rude person. I never was given a chance and he clearly did everything he could to sabotage my time there. I have 20 years experience and was never treated like a professional.
Suck you dry
Floor Staff, associate buyer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2019
I dedicated a lot of time passion energy into this job and after all of that I got passed up for promotions over people with less experience than me. Underpaid & overworked. Management doesn’t know how to listen or change. Decent for a general retail job and starting in fashion sales but it’ll keep you stuck if you don’t fight for better
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2019
They let you grow fast within the company if they see potential in you. It is still a retail job though so it has its ups and downs. Management can be unorganized.
Fun work environment, ok pay out.
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2019
Crossroads is a nice company to work for, when you're young. It's definitely not a place you want to be forever. Pay for floor staff is minimum wage, buyer is higher and so on. Working at crossroads teaches you great interpersonal skills because you deal with so many types of customers and sellers, you develop a really thick skin. I truly enjoyed my CTC location, I had great coworkers and management, however I do know it is not the same at every location.
Nice people
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 3, 2019
The pay isn’t a lot but the people are nice and it’s not a difficult job if you know how to interact well with people. It’s nice to get discounts and gifts periodically in the break room.
Know what you're getting yourself into
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 10, 2019
As someone who has dedicated almost 4 years to this company, I have experienced a lot of physical, emotional, and mental abuse. I was praised and belittled, and been granted power while having the same power taken away at a drop of a dime.

The floor staff were a joy to work with and always diverse. It's unfortunate that I cannot say the same about management.

Upper Level Management constantly bullied, berated, and profiled both lower level employees as well as returning customers.

I personally got spit in the face during my shift and had to return the very clothes I changed into. I was also given a 0.25 cent raise in my employee review.

Floor Staff were bullied into working long hours as well as participating in store remodels around the LA area. It is not in my job description to assemble sharp and hazardous fixtures and do a daily deep clean of a unsanitary store.

As a buyer, I often had to touch countless filthy garments and forced to price merchandise out of "favors" for longtime customers. Floor staff often worked long hours (10+)

Any company who profiles a large sector of minorities while corrupting the growing industry of sustainability (lowering cash back percentages) needs to be thoroughly investigated.

The best decision I ever made was the decision to quit for a better position elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Racial Profiling, Corruption, No Career Development, Unsanitary clothing
Great team and work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2019
Great team and work culture. Everyone there is friendly and looks out for each other. Some of the customers are a little weird but most are fine. There are surprisingly a lot of frequent buyers and sellers; some individuals come every day or every other day.
Interesting Work, Limited Advancement
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2019
My location had very minimal advancement. In the two years I was there only one person ot promoted. Anyone in leadership roles was hired from outside the store which was frustrating because growth is something they talk about often in the interview process.
Pros
Clothing is super interesting, and varied
Cons
Difficult management, low support.
Fashion Forward, Customer Focused
Supervisor, Buyer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 18, 2019
I loved working at Crossroads. It was my first job and I worked while I was at school. It was a great experience. I learned a lot about managing people and a lot about streetwear and social media marketing.
Fast paced environment
Tagger/Ringer (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMarch 6, 2019
Working here is very fast-paced and can be stressful at times. Management is not very communicative with the floor staff but if you are trained well enough, you will be able to have a productive day independently.
Normal workplace.
Accounting Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 3, 2019
I like my controller who I am working directly with. She is a a good and knowledgeable person. She is working hard and always ready to support her staff.
Great company
Marketing and Advertising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 2, 2019
I've enjoyed working at Crossroads. There is good work/life balance, and there are opportunities for growth. Management works to develop promising employees.
high school all over again
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAJanuary 3, 2019
be cautious. the girls are mean and cliquey. I was stuck doing one job for the whole time i worked there and was talked down too by everyone who worked there.
Unorganized and chaotic workplace
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 28, 2018
Absolutely hated working here, customers are rude, employee turnover rate is insane, and constantly given grief for any days requested off. Hours suck up your whole life so all you do is work. It’s missrable.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized
Always something to do
BUYER (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CADecember 17, 2018
I was a buyer, so a typical shift included being at the buy counter for the majority of my shift. If it was slower, I would typically take a walk around the store, address any customers that needed help, and clean up the store. I also like to check in with everyone to make sure everyone had something to do. Management here was okay. The assistant managers definitely seemed to do a lot of the work, but the store manager I did not feel the same about. The workplace itself was also okay. If upper management was present, the environment of the store always seemed on edge and it felt like you had to walk on eggshells. The hardest part of the job was finding ways to keep yourself busy incase it was slow. The most enjoyable parts were interacting with the customers and seeing the amazing pieces that would come across the buy counter.
Pros
Seeing new, fun clothing pieces every day.
Cons
Poor upper management. Really lackadaisical with moving people up.
Good place to learn retail
Floor Supervisor/Jewelry Liaison/Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2018
I was lucky to be in a store with a wonderful manager and great co-workers. I worked at the others in the city and they were not the same. But overall it is a simple job if you can handle people.
Great entry-level job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
Typical days at work can be exhausting, but not terribly, I have learned quite a lot about brands, trends, and customer service. Management is fantastic, they are understanding and kind. I had to take a medical leave with short notice that lasted longer than expected and my job was there for me when I was released. The hardest part of the job customers who are extremely difficult when it comes to common sense or just common courtesy. The best part about working at Crossroads are my coworkers. They make the job enjoyable at times. I've come to the conclusion that Crossroads, my location in particular, only hires genuine people with an eye for fashion.
Always interesting
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 27, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The only reason why I left was because I had a better job offer.

If you are looking for a relaxed job and you love fashion, then you'll enjoy working here. I loved the scheduling because it was mostly a fixed schedule. The earliest shift they had allowed me to sleep in and I was off early enough to go out after. You are able to make your own decisions here. Depending on your coworkers the environment could be very fun. I met some of the most amazing and talented people. The only con I have is the small staff. You work closely with a limited number of workers and tension builds sometimes. But, overall I recommend working here.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers, Fashion related
Cons
Tension with Coworkers
Relaxed Fun Place Good Prices For A Trendy Shopper
Sales Associate/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 23, 2018
A typical work day at Crossroads would be to open up all registers count the tills, open doors for customers greet them as they'd come in, learn store product and inventory we carry for shoppers ,maintain a clean workspace for yourself and fellow employees at all times assist with all customer questions and enjoy being a team player.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossroads Trading Co.. Our community is ready to answer.