Crossroads Trading Company Employee Reviews

Build your wardrobe and learn from their mistakes
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2018
Corporate is clueless, unsupportive, and incompetent. The work day goes by a lot more seamlessly if they simply were not there. They are stubborn to new ideas and do not understand their customers, trends, or fashion. Don't try to go above and beyond, incompetency is promoted here (literally). A typical day is store management avoiding actual work and unfairly delegating tasks. The workplace culture is toxic and deceitful with management ready to throw anyone, who's not a brown-nose, under the bus. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management's managing and the most enjoyable parts of the job are the clothes and the discount. Have fun, talk to customers, build your wardrobe and get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unfair management, favoritism, general cluelessness from upper management.
One of the best places I have worked at
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 3, 2018
From the fashion, the fun, and friends I worked with I can definitely say that Crossroads was a highlight in my career. It was very educational as well, as you had to stay on top of fashion trends.
Pros
The clothes
Cons
Retail customers
Fun work Place
Fashion Buyer (Former Employee) –  EvanstonApril 25, 2018
This is a great place for fashionistas in high school or college. The staff is really friendly and the work is not hard. Perks are getting gifts cards for doing well and receiving free merchandise.The work isn’t hard and it can be fun. Cons are that they pay as little as possible and they are stingy with raises. They don’t promote within the company to save money .
Pros
Free clothes, cool staff
Cons
Low pay, no promotions
Ten years ago nothing to review
Assistant Store Manager / Clothing Buyer (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I haven't worked at Crossroads Trading Company in 10 years. My time there was great. I learned a lot about being a clothing buyer and assist manager which I have brought to other employers since then. It was a great experience!
Pros
Learned to be a manager
Cons
No Cons
Good highschool job
Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Would recommend for people that are trying to gain some work experience who have none. More of an environment that a high schooler would enjoy. The clothing discount is nice but I felt underappreciated at work.
Great fashion and a close team
Assistant Manager and Consignment Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was the Company structure. If you needed to you could be in contact with the VP of the company and she would know your name and face. The same goes for inner store management they are there with you to solve problems and make the store successful.
fun place to work
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
it was a cool job to have when you are young trying to figure things out.I would definitely recommend it to someone in college or out of high school. its a place for young adults.
parking is $5 a day. company refuses to help pay for parking.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 5, 2017
Don't work here if you don't live right on colorado or raymond and green. Company does not help with parking. Which can be anywhere from $5-$10 a day depending where you park.
Pros
sometimes buy doughnuts or snacks for employees
Cons
hours unstable.
If you love shopping and meeting people than this is your place!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 2, 2017
Fast paced, always something to do. Every day is different. You work with great people in a team environment. Room for growth! Must love clothes and shopping! 🙂
Pros
Meet great people while you work
Cons
Its what you make of it
Great entry level retail job
Buyer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2017
management team is friendly and understanding, theres always something to do so it doesn't get boring. Its a great place to work if you like designer clothing but can't afford it. working there you get to see all the good stuff first and you can put it on hold. Buying is fun but can also be stressful if the customer is standing and watching you the whole time.
Good Experience
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 14, 2017
At Crossroads, you will come across clients who shop at that store on a regular basis, and if you treat them well and do your job, they will recommend you to management. I had that happen to me on at least 3 vacations. As for management, they look out for their own. They're pretty flexible, although when understaffed, your schedule isn't taken into account. That's my only con really. The discounts on clothes is cool. Overall, I had a positive experience working at Crossroads.
Pros
Management Takes Care of Their Own
Cons
When Understaffed, Schedule Not Taken Into Account
Worst company to work for
Sales Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I loved working at Crossroads Trading Co., in Brooklyn, NY for the first few months, until I realized how terribly this company was run and how horribly they treated its employees.. They refuse to promote from within the company, don't offer benefits, and have an outrageous time and attendance policy. (If you're late more than two times, they will let you go without hesitation.) In short, this is the most unstable, inconsistent job you can ever pursue and they treat their employees like complete and total trash. Don't be fooled by their "friendly" reception and incentives. This is a dead end retail job that uses their employees and refuses employment advancement. Seriously the worst job ever.. unless of you're living at home and can afford to be laid off after 6 months.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Lol
Fun and friendly Environment
Buyer / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2016
Crossroads Trading Company (CTC) is a great place to work. The staff is inviting and create a fun and friendly environment to work in. The store is always changing to keep customers on their toes. The staff constantly cleans and straightens clothing to keep a clean and safe environment. My favorite part of working at CTC is the staff. They make it easy to work and learn, because the environment is so positive.
Great place to make friends and build a beautiful closet
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 29, 2015
Loved Crossroads as a customer and decided to apply since I work in fashion retail. I loved my co workers and the merch but hated how company policy takes customer complaints too seriously to the point you feel incompetent and like you have no experience even though most of us came from high volume chain stores in management positions. We were always short staffed because of constant turnover and no support from our DM who instead pushed problems on our store manager who didnt have as many resources or time to help us to the best of her ability. It was a complete mess and many times as a employee I was embarrassed with how daily operations were happening
Pros
You pick the merch in the store, I made some great friends, you meet really cool people when buying
Cons
No work life balance, poor management from the top, bad company policies, lack of order
Productive and fun place to work with access to affordable designer labels
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 8, 2015
Crossroads Trading Company was a great learning ground to gain knowledge of designer labels (high and low), as well as a great place to experiment with personal and professional styling.

The environment was mostly upbeat and positive, although on days when scheduling only permitted 2-3 employees, things could get hectic.

The one clear take away from my time at Crossroads was that time management and efficiency is key in all jobs. My time there made me much more aware of the importance of staying focused on daily, weekly and monthly goals.
Pros
Great discount on designer labels
Cons
Very stressful work place when days were under scheduled
High energy retail environment based on constant learning and growth
Assistant Manager and Buying Trainer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2015
The most positive aspect of working for Crossroads is the extensive apparel and brand knowledge that one gains from the buying aspect of this company. You not only come in contact with hundreds of labels, styles, and fabrications, but as a manager and buyer trainer, you learn the success of certain items in the store, and the down falls of others. This position has allowed me to forecast trends and price points for the upcoming weeks and months.
A fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Crossroads Trading Company. I felt very productive at work. We always had things that could be done. I loved my team that I managed and really enjoyed the other managers that I worked with.
Fun work environment, great company culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2015
I manage a staff of 8-10 employees. Daily activities include: financial (banking and register) transactions, training staff on policy and procedure updates, buying in inventory for the store, merchandising according to sales trends and customer preferences, providing excellent customer service, and communicating with our corporate headquarters for various reasons.
Poor Upper Management and lack of benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 23, 2014
A business that has a lot of potential but unable to see beyond the tip of their nose. They believe that they are providing employees with competitive pay, benefits are expensive and non-reliable. Management was deft and unreliable.
Great learning experience
Retail Manager and Buyer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2013
Crossroads brooklyn location is one of the company's busiest buying locations with the most amazing inventory. A typical day for me was creating the staff schedule for the day with break times and tasks. Buying and interviewing for most of the day as well as making sure staff stays task-oriented.
Pros
travel perks
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossroads Trading Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about