Crossroads Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Substance Abuse Counselor
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 18, 2018
I have worked at Crossroads for 6 months, and I love my job! In a typical day, I have between 5 and 7 brief counseling sessions where we discuss various aspects of the recovery process and I get to check-in with the patient about their dose, drug screen results, withdrawal symptoms, etc. I write notes about my counseling sessions, write treatment plans, check in patient drug screens, complete intake assessments for new patients, audit patient charts, and complete brief online learning courses, and in my downtime I study for my CAC I certification which is funded by the company. My 50-patient caseload is extremely manageable even on the busiest days. The best part of my job is feeling like I am making a difference in someone's life and watching patients succeed in their treatment and get their lives back on track. My co-workers are amazing and truly care about each and every patient, and we work together as a treatment team to provide patients with the best chance at success. Management is knowledgeable, helpful, and encouraging. The hardest part is waking up early to get to work by 4:45 AM, but it's great to get off work around 12 or 12:30 and have the whole afternoon free. This is the best job I could have in the counseling arena with only a Bachelor's degree, and I feel like I am constantly learning and growing at Crossroads!
Pros
Seeing patients succeed, learning about counseling techniques, amazing co-workers, supervision to obtain CAC I certification, good PTO & benefits, company that prefers to hire from within, room for growth
Cons
Rotating Saturday shifts
Nice place to work for a while
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIMarch 25, 2018
Not willing to promote on your performance. All shifts pay the same. The customers are wonderful people. Friendly and fun most of the time. Some need more specialized attention.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime short staffed
Great company
Peer Mentor/ Certified PSS/Behavioral Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2018
Very loving company, it's a family work environment. Very supportive and informative company. They provide up to date training and set a high standard. I have grown so much since coming to work at crossroads. It has taughtbme so much about behavioral and mental health. It has prepared me very well. Their training is excellent and second to none.
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
no overtime
Opportunity to get supervision for TCADC
TCADC Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2018
The people at Crossroads are mostly great. The only real qualm I have is with management. We are severly understaffed and under-appreciated. As a counselor I carry a caseload which is mathematically impossible to maintain. I strive to provide optimum service to my clients yet it is not possible to properly care for the number of people on my caseload giving each and everyone the attention they deserve. The solution management has for us as counselors is "scheduling." There are state regulations that must be adhered to and in scheduling a certain number of variables allowances must be made to fit it all in. The only variable which can be manipulated is the time spent directly serving clients. There are a lot of crisis situations due to the nature of the work and providing crisis management to one client often means that another client slips through the cracks because of the limited time allotted for direct intervention. It has been repeatedly promised by management that new counselors are to be hired to distribute the work load so that each client can get the care they deserve but after several months there have been no new hires and a steady 12 -15 new clients per week. The situation is said to be a priority and that help is on the way...
Pros
I am afforded an opportunity to serve a client population which is quite deserving of my efforts.
Cons
It is mathematically impossible to serve each and every client with the attention that they deserve.
The worst place to work for
Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 19, 2018
It is the worst place to work for. The peace officer position is a joke you're more of a maintenance man and trash man than a security officer. They expect you to wait on them hand and foot. That's not your job your job is supposed to be security I highly recommend not working here.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Fast paced
Had to be very alert
Searching inmates
Transporting inmates
Sometimes long hours
Being a support system to inmates
Very stressful environment
The company is very cutthroat and lack of ethics relating towards patient care
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 19, 2017
Cooperate sells you on a lie when they hire you by promising their employees the world. I found out that the benefits that I was promised was inaccurate after I was hired. The staff that runs the clinic are not even that experienced within the field of Substance Abuse. I would highly suggest to stay away from this company!
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Cutthroat, highly stressful work environment!
Office/Admin experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Entire S.C. areaNovember 12, 2017
This is a terrible company to work for. The culture is what it is,either like it or it's not a fit. It is a learning experience on all ends. Management; Director,Program Director, Corporate whomever job title they make up next is a joke. They will throw you under the bus,or cover their "own" at all cost. If you're not married to, in a relationship with, in a clique with, or having a fling with..consider your job..unsecured. Trust. Not happening there. This even trickles down to the patient care; or lack there of. To many unprofessional,and inadequate instances,and broken rules happen when it comes to staff and patient care. This would be the absolute last place I'd refer any patient to,or anyone looking for a job. No matter how long you've been there,as stated above, you will never be appreciated, given your timely bonuses,raises,or stand a chance to work a job you enjoy.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
High turnover of staff, including corporate staff
Peace Officer? Fancy name for a guard/watchman.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAOctober 30, 2017
They say they are searching for a Peace Officer. However, a Peace Officer is a highly trained, and certified law enforcement officer. What they are really looking for is a minimum wage security guard. Calling a guard a Peace Officer is not only unethical, it may be illegal. If you buy into their lies, you will do well here.
Great environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 9, 2017
Loved the job and comradeship. Very fast paced and stressful at times. Poor management and no room for advancement. I love the job hours more than anything and being able to be of service to patients changing their lives.
Pros
Hours, office space
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Most Unethical Company I Have Encountered
Counseling Staff/Management Staff (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 17, 2017
Unrealistic expectations without the time, support, training, or resources to meet those expectations. Patient care is second to checking boxes. Potential to be an incredible company based on the policies and practices they preach, but this potential is sadly not realized. Local management is often wonderful, but corporate is unable (or perhaps just unwilling) to provide backing to the good intentions of local leaders.

Employees are all replaceable and they have no difficulty bribing an individual to sacrifice their emotional health, physical health, personal life, and sanity performing multiple job roles all the while making moves to replace them with someone they can pay less. Any sense that you might not conform to their box checking, cold hearted system and you are on the chopping block.

They definitely promote from within and support career advancement if you are comfortable throwing the nearest employee under the bus while being willing to sacrifice your sanity and any work life balance to ensure that you are in a position to get ahead. That might be the norm in plenty of fields, but in the counseling field, it really makes it difficult to create an environment where a healthy team of staff can provide the best patient care.

Didn't get into this field to check boxes for an unreasonably large (and unethical) caseload. People's lives are on the line. However, if you are comfortable sacrificing patient care for checking boxes to watch your paycheck grow and earn a fancy new title, this could be the place for you. I'll happily take a pay cut to go elsewhere and
  more... have the time and resources to ensure patients needs are met.  less
Pros
Incredible patients, Many employees are incredible personally and professionally, And again, incredible patients.
Cons
Unreasonable/impossible expectations, Little training, No support from the corporate level, Environment that promotes backstabbing, Insists staff remain quietly complicit in unethical practices, Values money over people- both employees and patients.
Professional enabling at its finest
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 8, 2017
Anyone that truly understands the disease of addiction will quickly find out how horrible this company is. Management does not know what they are doing at all either. Avoid working here at all costs.
Cons
Large caseload and no real counseling with patients
Horrible Place To Work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 7, 2017
Very cliquey, very back stabby, management will throw employees under the bus in a heartbeat.Management always plays favorites with their friends. Poor management, very stressful, too many tasks to get done--but of course, management blames employees. An all around bad experience, there is a reason they have a more than 50% turnover rate! A good place to start to see if you want to check the field, but a very poor place to stay!
Pros
Few
Cons
Mostly cons, high turnover rates, high stress, poor management
Relaxed Environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2017
Working with Crossroads was a wonderful experience. The have a great staff and everyone works together to serve the patients. Down side at the early mornings and six day work week.
Pros
Good Pay, Friendly Staff
Cons
six day work week, Early morning start 430AM
Unethical practices, hostile work environment, not for the compassionate person
CADC (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 2, 2017
Expect a case load of 45-55 patients even though corporate sets a 50 patient max. Expect management and other employees to be cold, insensitive, and backstabbing. After all, it is the only way to get ahead at this company. Clients are treated as a source of money, not as individuals. Corporate implements ridiculous programs with no input from the employees forced to carry out the programs. The focus is less on recovery and more on creating life long customers. The hours are good and if you are not motivated by pay or decent treatment and appreciation for your hard work, it can be rewarding. The patients are almost all wonderful people. Too bad you'll seldom have time to help them.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
hostile work environment, all about money not patients, no support, terrible pay
Most unethical company I've ever worked for!
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
They do not care about their patients or employees, upper management are all friends or relatives so employees don't stand a chance of moving up or keeping their jobs if they aren't superheroes. Expected to work 7.5 hours/day and not a minute over but have a checklist of items that have to be completed before you leave each day! So if you have a lot of intakes or patients in crisis, you have to either blow off the patients or not get the checklist done, in which case you get written up! It's a no win situation, plus you are so busy doing their counseling program with patients that there is no time to work on what the patients want or need to work on! Patients and employees run for your lives!
Pros
The patients
Cons
Benefits stink, impossible job requirements, unethical management
Great place, Love the hours
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 8, 2017
Great staff and patients. Love the hours.
The staff is a very great staff and the patients are great to work with. The hours are a great perk of the job.
Pros
Hours, environment, relaxed setting
Unprecedented
Prospective Employee (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 1, 2017
I was told I had the job I was sent to do the PPD and UA and even signed the offer letter. I waited for them to do the background check and check my references and never heard back from them finally I checked with the Director who was sweet and forthcoming. I was then told HR was supposed to contact me but they never did and that the position had been filled. I'm still shocked as I find it very surprising a company has never been that unprofessional in its approach to a prospective new employee good thing I still have my Federal job.
Horrible
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Ringgold GAMay 1, 2017
If I could have given it no stars then I would have. Horrible environment. Unethical, hypocritical, and greedy. They do not care about the employees or patients they serve.
A good place to work if you want to feel your work is worthwhile, and pay is not your motivation.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAApril 30, 2017
Local clinic has caring and supportive management. Corporate office is not always as supportive. Is a fast-paced environment but with good time management, is very doable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Frequent changes in expectations.