Crossroads Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

The Crossroads facility is an excellent agency to help and serve clients.
Clinical Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2018
The employer allows the social worker intern to aid clients by assessing their needs and providing case management. Facilitating group sessions were beneficial and gave the social worker a chance to interact with clients. Management gives a relaxed and professional work space that allows the social worker to be productive.
Abingdon, VA Clinic
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VADecember 1, 2018
They hire you at a brand new clinic with promises of being a part of the growing company only to be lies. Never had answers, EMR program was not sufficient for type of work done. Hired employees only to let go after a few months saying overstaffed even though new clinic was growing in new patients daily. Very dirty, uncaring, cut throat company who does not look at staff as humans that lives are affected, everyone is a number and can be disposed of at any time with no reason.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
No communication, lied to, no stability, no training
So ridiculous I'm speechless
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCNovember 8, 2018
Never in all my life have I worked for a place with such epically incompetent, unqualified leadership! And I used to work for the state government! I certainly understand now why there is so much turnover.
Pros
Occasionally getting to actually help a patient.
Cons
Everything else.
Accessible Recovery Services sucked... Hoping the company change improves it!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  McCandless, PAOctober 28, 2018
Hired on in the call center. Should’ve taken the hint from the people talking extremely negatively on the company and people walking out while waiting for my interview. Stupid me.

Turn over is extremely high because upper management would rather hassle good hardworking employees over minor things, prioritizing quantity over quality. Since turnover was so high, you would pretty much be thrown to the wolves with minimal training then chastised for not knowing how to handle different situations appropriately. Upper management plays favorites, different individuals of the same seniority receiving wholly opposite punitive actions for the same behavior.

Male managers would often make blatant sexist remarks to female employees.

I sincerely hope that acquisition by Crossroads improves all these issues and more.
Pros
Random lunches, supportive coworkers
Cons
Terrible unfair upper management, turnover
friendly and helpfull
Pharmacist PRN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2018
very friendly and helpful staff i have only been there a few weeks but everyone is very helpful and friendly staff goes out of their way to make sure patients are taken care off
Great Workplace
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 7, 2018
Fast Paced
Continued Education
lack of organization
good culture
nothing
the patients
great company to work for
good opportunities to advance
Supervision on job site
Pros
Continued Education
Cons
A little lack in organization
Top managers rule by intimidation
former employee (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 2, 2018
Very unethical practices. They ran off their best employees. The staff are over worked, underpaid (unless friends with corporate), and underappreciated. The are known for not having sufficiently staffed clinics. They've had great employees with great work ethics but they've ran them away. They literally suck the life out of their great employees who work hard to keep their clinics running. They use you and simply toss you away if it suits them. To Corporate: should act like you care for your employees. Stop misusing the good employees that you have. Corporate staff should that clinic employees are human beings, not robots or toys to be played with. The CEO should take the time to show that he actually cares about those that wake up at 3 and 4 in the morning to make sure that HIS company is open and serving the clients he claim to care about. He should meet with staff (PDs, nurses, counselors, etc.) anonymously to see what their concerns are. He need to change the culture of the company. The top managers at Crossroads ALL rule by intimidation, including HR.
Negative culture and low pay
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 31, 2018
Low pay and tough hours. Overly focused on corporate policy and procedure which takes away from patient care. Unqualified staff and high turnover rates.
poor management
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 26, 2018
poor management good hours a typical day at was ok
not a good company to work for workplace culture was ok the hours was early but good enjoy working with the pt.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Nice Place.
Licensed Practical Nurse- Charge (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCMay 18, 2018
Nursing in that environment was challenging, we treated recovering addicts with counseling and medical /medication treatment. As the lead nurse I worked hand in hand with the doctor doing all physicals and labs, all onsite drug screening.
Pros
Not at all physically demanding
Cons
Recovering addicts have the potential to be demanding and sometimes violent
Mean Girls Environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 30, 2018
Terrible experience!! Unprofessional,!! Gossip all day and snoop into people’s personal business!
Stressful and impossible to learn anything! Worst place ever!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Nice place to work for a while
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIMarch 25, 2018
Not willing to promote on your performance. All shifts pay the same. The customers are wonderful people. Friendly and fun most of the time. Some need more specialized attention.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime short staffed
Great company
Peer Mentor/ Certified PSS/Behavioral Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2018
Very loving company, it's a family work environment. Very supportive and informative company. They provide up to date training and set a high standard. I have grown so much since coming to work at crossroads. It has taughtbme so much about behavioral and mental health. It has prepared me very well. Their training is excellent and second to none.
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
no overtime
Opportunity to get supervision for TCADC
TCADC Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2018
The people at Crossroads are mostly great. The only real qualm I have is with management. We are severly understaffed and under-appreciated. As a counselor I carry a caseload which is mathematically impossible to maintain. I strive to provide optimum service to my clients yet it is not possible to properly care for the number of people on my caseload giving each and everyone the attention they deserve. The solution management has for us as counselors is "scheduling." There are state regulations that must be adhered to and in scheduling a certain number of variables allowances must be made to fit it all in. The only variable which can be manipulated is the time spent directly serving clients. There are a lot of crisis situations due to the nature of the work and providing crisis management to one client often means that another client slips through the cracks because of the limited time allotted for direct intervention. It has been repeatedly promised by management that new counselors are to be hired to distribute the work load so that each client can get the care they deserve but after several months there have been no new hires and a steady 12 -15 new clients per week. The situation is said to be a priority and that help is on the way...
Pros
I am afforded an opportunity to serve a client population which is quite deserving of my efforts.
Cons
It is mathematically impossible to serve each and every client with the attention that they deserve.
Unethical company
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed the work immensely. If you have a heart for helping addicts, it's a great job. Crossroads, as a company, however, made decisions that negatively impacted the clients and refused to take responsibility for those decisions. Upper management routinely implemented new programs which added to the workload but had no positive effect on the quality of services. Upper management is completely out of touch with what it's like for a substance abuse counselor "on the ground" and they ignore feedback from clients and staff. I liked my colleagues and manager, who did their best, given the circumstances. It's because of the unethical practices of top management that I resigned.
Pros
client population, coworkers, helping others
Cons
limited benefits, upper management
The worst place to work for
Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 19, 2018
It is the worst place to work for. The peace officer position is a joke you're more of a maintenance man and trash man than a security officer. They expect you to wait on them hand and foot. That's not your job your job is supposed to be security I highly recommend not working here.
Not the right skin tone
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Treated as if I am just a counselor while some with the right skin tone were treated like VIP. Older staff treats you as if you are dumb and new the field even when you are 10 years experienced.
Pros
Client's and Pay
Cons
Staff that don't see you as relevant unless you are of their skin tone.
Good exposure to learning how to deal with crises and building pro-active communication
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2018
It was a great first experience working with a very difficult population of individuals, which ended up being extremely rewarding and helped me to learn to read non-verbal cues well. I learned so much about myself, and about managing my own emotions around individuals with low-self regulation skills. You really learn to see past external behaviors and identify the need below the surface.
Pros
great first experience for anyone who aims to work in the mental/behavioral health field
Cons
low wage, high stress job, burning out is easy to do
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Fast paced
Had to be very alert
Searching inmates
Transporting inmates
Sometimes long hours
Being a support system to inmates
Very stressful environment
no work/life balance allowed
Outpatient Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Crossroads are bust, no balance of work/life allowed, need self-care as a employee and this was not promoted much less allowed, PTO provided but not allowed to be taken