Crossroads Treatment Centers
57Below average
2.7

Crossroads Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

United States148 reviews
Too many task too little money
Fast paced, constantly changing. No true directions. Must learn new systems via email fed directions on a constant basis. There are people you can call to try and get answers to your questions.
The management is different than other MAT programs. They understand addiction and are understanding of client needs.
Crossroads is a breath of fresh air. If all those other clinics have burnt you out but you love working with the clients, Crossroads is the place you should apply to.
Pros
Supportive, calm, understanding, laid back environment that focuses on the client needs.
Cons
Former director, but she is no longer with the company, so there are no cons.
Worst company to work for - Organized confusion - Workplace Culture
The company owner is wonderful; however, current management does not align with his vision. The decision-makers are self-serving, condescending, rude, keep important information form the CEO, and treat employees like they are disposable. The high demands or requirements for your role in the corporate office or working with our patients are high but the pay is not in alignment with the current field for our job duties. During Covid-19, they have not taken a stand that maintained the safety of their staff or our patients. Overall, the left hands do not know what the right hand is doing. The medical staff and counselors are overworked and not valued. If you are not with the "in-crowd" you can lose your job without warning. They will fire you without any opportunity of an action plan or improvements. The company culture is a deal-breaker. It's well known that positive company culture can drive great performance and a productive workforce. However, this company does not support that sentiment and should be avoided.
Great place to learn what Medicated-Assisted Treatment is for OUD (Opiate Use Disorder)
As an LCSW looking to gain more experience with the Substance Abuse field, this job has been invaluable. As of 2020, the Program Director and Lead Counselor in Winchester, VA set high standards for practice and demand a lot from employees, with patient satisfaction in mind. The counseling job is centered around a lot of case mgt. and admin. tasks that do take time away from more thorough counseling sessions, yet this is the nature of this field with Medicated Assisted Treatment for Opiate Use Disorder patients. Co-workers are supportive but very busy with deadlines. The hours are a good fit for many people: 5am-1230pm. Overall, this is a great job for any LSW, LCSW, LPC, or CSAC. The pace and caseload are hard long-term, but worth the working experience.
Pros
Great pay, Early hours 445a-1230p make for enjoying daily hours with family.
Cons
Attention to sleep a must, more case mgt than expected.
Enjoy the people that I work with they made the work day past with ease
During a typical work day 3 to 4 nurses would be behind a glass window dosing 300 to 400 people a day with Methadone. Management was always changing the rules the for the most part I enjoy my job cause I was helping people
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The company is passionate about helping others
The company has a strong mission and cares about their PEOPLE. That includes employees, patients, and partners. It's a fun, friendly, and fast paced environment. There's a lot of dedicated people that are focused on the same goal.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with Crossroads.

During Covid-19, counselors are covering multiple case loads with 20% pay cut
Counselors are expected to cover not only their caseload but any caseloads of counselors who are constantly leaving due to working conditions. Management is cutting counselor pay 20%, forcing counselors to take one furlough day a week. So, you won't make the money you were promised when you were hired, AND you will bust your *** in a never-ending cycle of too many patients, too much paperwork, and no time to write case notes. If you want to feel completely unappreciated, overworked, harassed, and leave each day crying in your car, this is absolutely the place for you. Otherwise, RUN, don't WALK, away now.
Pros
helping people, great patients
Cons
Completely incompetent management, pay cuts, overwork
May 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and voice your concerns.

We are committed to creating a respectful, collaborative, and inspiring environment for all our employees. We are disappointed to hear about your negative experiences with Crossroads.

We take employee feedback very seriously and would love to discuss your experience with you in more detail to find out what we can do better, moving forward.

Please feel free to contact us at hr@ctc.care with your suggestions, concerns, or comments.

Very rewarding work.
The staff and clients were great to work with. There was a family type atmosphere to work in and the owner and counselors were very caring in meeting the challenges of their clients.
Inclusive and positive environment
I’m new to company and recognize there has been a lot of change, but I sincerely believe leadership values all employees and their contribution. It’s a growing company and there is opportunity for advancement, as with any company growth does have its growing pains. I’ve worked for many years and my advice to those with challenges is to always trust yourself and do your best, and don’t allow yourself to get pulled into any toxic situations because any where you work those type situations will exist, you must take your personal stance on how you want your work life to be. I’m excited to see what’s to come in the future of Crossroads.

Best Wishes!
The joy of seeing the clients making positive changes
I loved this job! The pay isnt the greatest but working with the girls was. They felt comfortable enough to talk with me after a few weeks of me being there. Overall it was great.
If you respect yourself, do NOT work here!
All lies. All about money. Promotion? Maybe. Demotion for no reason? That happens frequently. Work your butt off to prove yourself... They will praise you only if it’s benefiting management in some way. Policies vary depending on who you speak to. Communication is non existent. I was hoping the new company would make it better, instead they are promoting non educated and non deserving ppl which makes for a hostile work environment.
Neverending demands, unprofessional leadership, toxic environment
AVOID! Program director is inappropriate, rude, and self serving. She talks about her employees to patients, curses at staff/clients who do not agree with her, and is threatened by highly educated staff. PD will gladly humilate you in front of others staff/patients but demand respect without giving it. She shows clear favoritism to those she likes and will create a hostile work environment when she is agitated or angry at her employees. She will gladly pit one against another all while "promoting" a family company culture. Counselors and medical staff consistently receive mixed messages & the policy changes and demands are neverending
Run far away!
This place is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for! Unless you are "in" with the right people watch your back and never get comfortable! They would rather payoff patients or pay a fine that ensure things are completed properly and legally. With the large amount of turnover it says a lot about a company starting at the top with loss of HR, CFOs, COOs, nobody is safe!

Outstanding healthcare organization
I enjoy the fast pace and the energetic culture. Red tape does not exist here. If you want to work on a project or initiative that supports the business, you have the support to do so. New ideas are welcome and the atmosphere is a nice combination of relaxed but hard working.
They do not give you proper training.
THE SUPERVISOR AND the Clinical supervisor does not gave proper training and are very quick to give disciplinary actions . The counselor also have to receive money which makes them have to work on weekends and is not allowed time enough to do their counseling.
EVERYONE has your back!
I have worked for the Charleston location for one year. The annual bonus is great, the manager and program director are BOTH so helpful and understanding. Everyone, including people you don't work with directly, will ALWAYS have your back and defend you when you're not around regardless of the situation (with integrity of course). Everyone is friendly, small space, everyone occupies it very well.
Pros
Group lunches
Culture is everything
Let’s face it, if you work in this field then you have to work hard. Here your hard work is acknowledged. Almost all corporate positions are filled with staff promoted based on ability and hard work.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Early hours
Horrible Condition
I have been with crossroads since January 2011 and I have seen them at there best and now at there worst. The past 3 years it has gone down hill and the Manager has a lot to do with the Asheville, NC location. She is fake and treats patients unfairly. She has made people lose there jobs because she took away the patients levels unfairly. I watched a person go from owning their own business to homelessness because of these practiced. If you say mething
never recomend working there
crossroads in milwaukee wi is a hhoriable place to work and i would not EVER EVER EVER put any of my family members there they know they should be ashamed of themselfs that place is a mess and its so dirty inside wow cant believe they are even open i was embarresed to say i worked there..
Fun place to work, team players, great management, CD greaat job
Methadone will give you the strength and stability to rebuild a life derailed by addiction. Most people benefit from counseling as they strive to get their life back on the right track.
Work by 5:00am, no typical work day - you never know what to expect, you either love the diverse culture, if not, counselor generally doesn't stay long, most enjoyable part of job is working with patients and watching how they improvement and are productive members of society. Hardest part of job - after 13-years no particular aspect of the job is hard.
Great place to work!!
Early morning hours are perfect for me and my family life. Management is beyond fabulous, coworkers are fantastic, even the patients are great, considering their situation. I never imagined myself working at an OBOT center however, it is an excellent place to work, I truly wish I had found this job sooner and can totally see myself finishing out my nursing career here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossroads Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7