Crossroads Turning Points Employee Reviews

Long hours, short staff
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 19, 2018
I worked with parole and probation at a mens residential unit. I placed them in the program, put them on waiting lists and set them up to be sucessful.
Pros
Good networking
Cons
Limited breaks, short handed frequently
Underhanded and constant drama from management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 4, 2018
The management is terrible. No support from them. They make sure that staff are always walking on eggshells. Don't care about the clients welfare...only money and how to get more money from Medicaid. They don't accept outsiders. They are constantly gossiping. Can't ever get ahold of management, no return calls or emails. All the staff are negative and angry all the time. The leaders here are the rudest people I've ever met. Sarcastic and unpleasant. The few leaders that are not like that eventually just get worn down until they either conform or leave. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out what they want from staff. The most enjoyable part is the clients (when there is time for them) and trying to get them help.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Everything else
Excellent Place to Work
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 28, 2017
Crossroads management always helped when needed and co-workers were the best. I also have a very good supervisor. The wages were a little low. I enjoyed learning new skills and meeting new clients.
Pros
Co-workers, Supervisor, and Clients.
Cons
Hourly Wage
A company with an assortment of programs that are growing all the tme.
Co-occurring therapist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 18, 2017
There is enough work to keep you busy and then some. They offer decent work hours and benefits. They also pay for trainings throughout the year. Many long term employees.
The supervisor where unprofessional
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 1, 2017
I liked working with people and was very good at my job. Supervisor were very unprofessional and did not have good communication skills. They had their own opinion and that is the only on that counted.
Large agency with the friendliness of a mom and pop
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 23, 2017
CTP offers a variety of substance abuse programs including OMAT, residential, TC, outpatient, DUI and co-occurring. So many chances to move around and promote. Many fun activities like picnics, retreats, raffles, contests, etc. Comparable benefits and pay. Management is accessible and reasonable for reasonable employees. Support to line staff is really encouraged. Training and workforce development supported.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Its still a job, so basic things that come with working anywhere
Great Things
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 17, 2017
Overall, Crossroads does great things for the population they serve. As with any agency, there are pros and cons to working in this agency and experience will depend on program you are working in. I have had a great learning experience with this organization and love the work done there.
Pros
great client/employee interaction
Cons
some competition between employees
See below.
Co-Occurring Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 13, 2016
Supportive of employee training and advancement. A team approach to client care. Staff are generally supportive of each other and cover for each other. Integrated substance use and mental health treatment. Clients medical needs are addresses. HR department is supportive of employees. Supervisors are generally receptive to constructive feedback. Employees are recognized annually with a luncheon and awards. Work environment is courteous, polite and comfortable. Organization is sensitive to employees' family needs,

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the paperwork. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing clients grow into beginning recovery with motivation toward future goals. .
Pros
Management is genuinely interested in the well-being of the clients and the employees.
Cons
no sick leave
Detox
CIC Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Pueblo,CoAugust 23, 2016
My work day is very eventful most of the time. It goes from very sick clients that cannot get out of bed to them threatening staff and assaulting staff.
Pros
Helping addicts get better.
Cons
No self defense can be used and no security is provided.
An interesting and exciting place to work.
C.I.C. Case worker (Current Employee) –  Trinidad, CODecember 29, 2015
Crossroads Turning Points is an exciting place to work. The clientele are interesting people who come from different backgrounds. Working here has helped me to better understand chemical dependence and the troubles it can cause individuals and families.

My coworkers are wonderful people and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people overcome there chemical use problems.
Pros
overtime pay, benefits, and cooperation of management
Cons
Long hours, sometimes boring, lack of advancement.
Progressive agency with a full continuum of services
director (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 4, 2015
The agency is well established and has numerous community partners that work well together to provide behavioral health services to sixteen counties in southern colorado
Pros
client focused management and mission
Cons
compensation is average and can require long hours
turnover
direct care (Current Employee) –  puebloOctober 22, 2015
you may want to ask how many times in last few years the entire staff in the department quit at once.

the industry attracts some wonderful folks in direct care, they are the best part about the job.
Job was exciting but no place for advancement
Detoxification Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Trinidad, COJune 27, 2015
Getting to know new clients was exciting. I learned a lot about alcohol and drug abuse. The management was fine for the facility. The co-workers were drama based, thinking they were better than the clients. The hardest part of the job was not getting the people help they deserved because of money issues, or the client not wanting help.The pay was horrible and benefits were outrageously expensive. The most enjoyable part was getting to know new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Poor pay, Co-workers causing drama
overall avery stable and positive work environment with benifts to advance.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 12, 2014
I have worked with Crossroads for a total of 28 years off and on and had the opportunity to establish my career.
Co-workers very team spirited
Detoxification Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 4, 2014
Co-workers were very helpful and fun to work with. Loved working with clients. Management could have been more available.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
A lot of scheduling issues-double scheduled, short handed etc.
Busy and productive
Women's Residential Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 1, 2013
I took this job as a jump start in my career field and have learned a lot about it. I enjoy my coworkers and have learned a lot from them. My clinical supervisor is the best, I enjoy the atmosphere and going to work everyday. On a typical day, I start with morning groups, intakes, ua's and ba's and case management assessments, then moving on to transporting clients to and from appointments.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
benefits and pay
Fun Enviroment very friendly and welcoming
Counselor Aide (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 18, 2013
Assisting clients with monitoring their sobriety, customer service, reporting to counselors accomplishments of clients behaviors. Learning new skills of charting and dapping client files and notes.