Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center

Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center Employee Review

View all Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center reviews

Great place to work, not for everyone
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJune 3, 2013
I was originally given the impression that I would be in something like a mentor role with autistic teens, only it was after school and in a residential setting. I know that happens on the campus but for the house I ended up in it's more about just keeping the students physically safe while dodging the occasional bite, kick, or punch. It's totally worth it for folks that are able to wind down after work instead of going home to three young children of their own, like me, where things are still pretty high-energy. The management is pretty supportive of staff and the philosophy of the campus rocks but it isn't always followed properly because some situations simply require a different response. An example would be if a student is known to cause property destruction. As long as it doesn't lead to a physically harmful situation, beds/televisions/computers can always be replaced - so says the philosophy. In practice, however, after a couple mattresses get ruined and holes get kicked in the walls repeatedly, some maintenance or management start to get a little cranky. The hardest part of the job is probably just shifting your focus to pay one hundred percent attention to your student, who might be trying to communicate with you through non-verbal means. The most enjoyable part, though, is when you catch it and you have a great night and you know the student was able to effectively communicate his or her needs and you just have a great shift together.
Pros
Dress comfortable, lots of opportunity for overtime and exercise, growth and experience in the field
Cons
High stress, high potential for physical injury

Other Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Direct Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work would be me checking with my assigned clients and learning about them and getting to know them. Also I would help my clients eat, bathe, and help them have fun. I would take them out the community and show them around, and help them get to know their environment better, that way they don't feel left out. The work place culture is relaxed , productive and amusing. The hardships of the job was getting the client to comprehend what was being and what was happening, because their not mentally, or some physically able to keep up. But the upside was spending time with my clients, and helping through the hardship.also I make my contribution positively to change someones life.
Intense and stressful
Para Educator (Teacher Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHDecember 21, 2017
Incredible experience to getting to know about special need individuals. The people staying and going to school are usually are in the higher end of the spectrum. The people are very supportive of each other and they are very chill. There is never a moment of boredom
Pros
Nice quiet area
Cons
Middle of nowhere, definitely need own transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center Reviews by Location