Crouse Hospital Employee Reviews

Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 30, 2019
I worked here 17 years ago but when i was there it could be stressful at times yes but people allways helped out and managment was wonderful as well (miss you mr curtis!!)
Pros
Great coworkers and managment, lots of laughs
Cons
Stressful if we were running behind, at times there could be to many cheifs and not enough indians
Laid back fun job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 28, 2019
We did basic housekeeping work throughout various parts of the hospital. Also we handled and discarded hazardous waste. The team would do floors, paint or do outside work as needed.
Fast paced environement
Patient Care Helper (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 27, 2019
I wasn't at Crouse for too long so I can't speak very much on it. However I can say that when I was there I definitely got a feel of what type of environment that I'd be working in. Very fast paced along with a lot of responsibility.
Review
Affiliate Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 20, 2019
My coworkers we very nice there were opportunities to learn within the department but no formal training was available and there were many people in jobs they were not qualified for particularly in management and IT.
Great Place
Rad Safety Regulatory Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 2, 2019
I have been at Crouse Hospital for many years. I love working there. I love my job and the people I'm surrounded by. Its a team atmosphere. I make the most of each day I'm there.
Crouse Environment
SUPERVISOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 5, 2019
I loved working at Crouse. The Administration and staff were friendly and fun to work with. I worked hard to provide the best in patient, staff and community care. The hardest part of my day was fitting in all that I wanted to accomplish.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some lack of communication within departments
Great job!
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2019
I loved working at Crouse Hospital. I learned so much in the field of Cardiology. Most of the years I spent here management was very good. The hardest part of the job was the day I retired. I really enjoyed working with the patients and most of my co-workers.
Pros
Working with some awesome people.
Volunteer Experience - Great for learning and personal advancement.
Volunteer - Surgical Center (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 3, 2019
At Crouse Hospital, I volunteered at the Madison Irving Surgical Center. I would mainly stay in the recovery room where patients would be located after a surgery. I would help with making and cleaning the beds, I would give the patients food at their requests, and I would discharge the patients at the appropriate time.
nutritonal service worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 15, 2018
Working at crouse was amazing, Coworker so nice. You learn something new every day. productive Days !!! Your work team helps you grow as a person Helping you.
Volunteer Chaplain
Assistant Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Syracue, NYNovember 7, 2018
Crouse allowed me one week as a replacement chaplain. Most of my time was voluntary. Left because of the possibility of a paid position at Upstate..
Pros
Discounts of lunches and perscriptions
Cons
Little possibility of graduating to a paid position in my situation.
good
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Crouse hospital provided the training for many area of mental health and chemical dependency. It was in collaboration with Syracuse University where I was able to participate in outside training and enrollment in courses at SU.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Crouse Job Review
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 2, 2018
Working at Crouse was a great opportunity for me tor grow my skills in human relations. It was an enjoyable environment to work in and a real sense of purpose.
Pros
Helping member of the community
Cons
Work weekends
Crouse is a great place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 21, 2018
They are always looking for ways to improve. They have about 3,000 employees yet you always see similar faces. People stay there for years. They have great benefits and unlimited overtime.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, free state fair tickets every year
Cons
Short breaks, parking
Enjoy my job position
Hospital (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I love Crouse but I want to work closer where I live. I work at labor and delivery floor. I am very OCD and very organized with the stocks. I love to see all patients and visitors feel comfortable and feel clean when they come in. I love my coworkers like they are my family
Pros
Pay lunch with my crouse ID
Cons
Bad teamwork and need more workers
Mid-sized to small hospital with friendly staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I had a generally good experience working at Crouse. Everyone was great, be they doctors, nurses or general staff but the administration was in turmoil while I was there.
Good working area
Barista (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 28, 2018
I enjoyed Working there And the people I worked With. They were unfair at times but also very nice. They helped out when needed but also kinda lazy. It was a good experience
Pros
Good pay, nice people
Cons
Lack of communication
Production and fast paced environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work for. Can't say enough positive things about my employer. Everyone enforces team playing in my department. We all work together to achieve success and to make sure that the job is done right.
My experience at Crouse Hospital
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 3, 2018
During my time at Crouse Hospital I worked as a Sterile Processing Tech. While working in this department, I learned a lot about how surgeries are performed and the importance of having sterile instruments. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different types of instruments. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with whom we all started to consider each other as family
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Understaffing
Productive and a very fun place to work
Patient Transporter/CNA/HUC (Current Employee) –  ICUJune 1, 2018
Working a 7a -530p day is always exciting you never know whats going to happened, I am always learning something new, workplace culture is diversed, the most enjoyable part is seeing the hard work we all do as a team helping patients to walk out that door that they were bought in be it by wheelchair, stretcher, or ambulance.
Management issues
Neurology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 10, 2018
This hospital has a great staff who are genuinely friendly and helpful of each other and their patients. The corporate power structure has become increasingly disconnected with the staff. Nurse managers are forced to take a very harsh and arbitrary position with their staff, or risk their job with upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crouse Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Crouse Hospital Reviews by Location