Crowe Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work for Public Accounting
Insurance Senior Tax Staff (Current Employee) –  Simsbury, CTNovember 1, 2018
If you wish to remain in the public accounting industry, Crowe is one of the best firms to chose. They are flexible and willing to help you grow in your career. Even as a national firm, Crowe shows their employees support and recognition.
Pros
Flexible, Ability to grow, support, mentor system
Cons
Long hours, have to constantly be connected
One of the worst experiences of my life.
Internal IT Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Working on code that was hacked together previously by someone in a similar position who was equally pressed for time and didn't care if anyone could actually read /understand the code, just wanted to get it done so he/she could get paid, no documentation, no design meetings; complete nightmare.
Pros
Better than unemployment
Cons
Hi-tech sweatshop, developers beholden to management hacks who want everything done yesterday
Great to learn a lot quickly, Up or out mentality
Senior IT Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2018
As you advance it is either sell and find new clients to generate $1 Million in revenue for the firm or goodbye. Great place to learn a lot quickly. It is public accounting so yes you work long hours and the group I was in was busy all the time with no real slow down. February was always my busiest month and that was over 20 years at Crowe.
Productive learning environment with long hours
SALT Senior Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 27, 2018
Great learning experience, but at the cost of life. Not a great work life balance during the busy seasons. Management gives false promises on many areas. We had a ping pong table which made up for all the lost time working hard for not much in return.
productive work place
Staff Accountant- Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 7, 2018
The work is fairly easy when explain correctly. I learned a lot form select leaders. Management was very kind, but unfortunately unfair, accounting firms are very cut throat. workplace culture was not diverse, Crowe tend to put certain ethnicities in certain departments, not allowing them room to grow in other fields.
The hardest part of the Job was all the hours they require you to work, with no compensation overtime pay. The most enjoyable part of the Job was the clients friendships you build with different people.
Pros
Clients are AMAZING
Cons
Management unrealistic, Under staff
Typical public accounting firm
Staff IT Auditor - Technology Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 21, 2018
Good place to start your career in. I have a neutral disposition to this company, but my favorite part of working here were my peers and a few seniors and managers, plus our partner. Outside of that, they have some serious work to do in taking care of their own on the west coast.
Pros
Good PTO, mentoring, peers, ability to work remotely
Cons
Benefits, long hours, limited interaction with national practice
Engaging and challenging
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2018
I've worked at Crowe for more than 10 years in a variety of roles - 7 of which have been working full-time remotely. I've been fortunate to have supportive managers who have challenged me with taking on new projects and serving as great mentors along the process.
Pros
Smart, dedicated colleauges and many benefits to support difference work/life needs
Cons
Last minute projects/obstacles can result in long hours
Seemed like a good Company but wasn't there long enough to determine
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
This position was challenging but overall the people seemed nice and hard working. Position was not what was communicated to me and decided to look for a better fit at this stage of my career. I would advise prospects to be sure of the position requirements they are applying for to ensure a win/win situation for both parties.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Work-Life Balance
workplace culture
Event Management Services - Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
Crowe offered a team work environment and assistance for advancement. Training was provided when responsibilities were added to your role. Career planning and advancement always an option.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Had to be a CPA to advance
Great company to learn audit/tax compliance
Audit Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 25, 2018
Being an intern at Crowe, I learned a lot about companies through the audits I was able to assist with. It was interesting to see how companies worked from the inside out.
Best Company Ever
Administrative Project & Tax Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2018
This has been the best company I have worked for. Management was amazing. Great compensation package and work life balance. I would go back in a minute.
No room to advance if you're administrative
Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2018
Crowe is not the greatest place for admins - if you want to advance, you need to be an accountant or tax specialist. Busy season can be brutal with late hours every night and on weekends.
Excellent Company
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 12, 2018
After almost 20 years with Crowe, I can still rave about this firm! The work-life balance and alternative work arrangements are ideal for me. The benefits are absolutely incredible.
员工们非常的nice。
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Denver County, COOctober 22, 2018
公司的文化很好,员工很nice。每一年会有feedback the community,去做义工。公司工作环境也很舒适。

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight