Crown Awards
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Crown Awards Employee Reviews

Crown Awards is basically a nice place to work. My co-workers were helpful and friendly and that made even the busiest day enjoyable The owners are pleasant, approachable and seem interested in the employees opinions. It is a nice family atmosphere. There were many free lunches, parties, and picnics. However, it seems a couple of the managers found it hard to seperate their personal lives from business. Often times employees found themselves victims of their mood swings If they were in a good mood, all was well, but if not then the employees suffered.Policies/procedures were often unclear. One day you could get critisized for doing something and the next day you could get critisized for NOT doing the exact same thing.,,,again depending on the managers' mood That was a bit frustrating. Also there appears to be alot of favoritism. Promotions and awards don't always go to the most deserving employee. It seems like more of a popularity contest. The rules don't always apply to all employees equally either. That is probably because there is no-one there to ensure that all employees get treated equally. In my opinion, Crown Awards needs a real "Human Resources Representative" I feel that it is so important that employees feel they have a place (or a person) to turn to to discuss personal matters, benefits, or problems with a co-worker or manager.At Crown Awards, one of the Accounting Managers handles these issues, as if they don't have enough work of their own to do. It's hard to have the time and patience for this when you have your own deadlines to meet. More importantly, - more...
Pros
I actually liked what I did, Co-workers were awesome, Nice Family atmosphere, free lunches, parties
Cons
Favoritism, benefits weren't great.
Today I want to thank Crown Awards for let me be part of their work team and for the great experience gained and that I continue getting every day along these 22 years of service.Crown Awards has been the foundation of my career. This is where I started without much experience, and where I have been given the opportunity to develop my skills and by allowing me to acquire new professional experiences and new knowledge. I thank its directors and workers who accompany me in the daily work and for being part of that excellent work environment. Thanks to Crown, I have the best work experience. Infinite thanks.
Pros
professional development
Cons
Parking area too small
I worked with them with 2 years and it’s really an amazing environment to work at and managers and bosses care about you greatly. Management are definitely looking so opportunities are huge
Pros
Definitely a good job for anyone
Cons
When it’s busy it gets busy
Work-life balanceGreat work environment, everyone is so nice and everyone is always willing to help you and teach you.ManagementThe controller and controllers assistant were always ready to teach you and excel yourself.OverallGood work environment, everyone I'm the accounting department are always ready to teach you something new and willing to help at all time. Great management.
I was hired at Crown right out of college, and I honestly could not feel any more lucky to have found this place. They help you every step of the way, and they leave room to grow and learn new things. As a newbie in the workforce, this place has been perfect to get comfortable with office life and responsibility. You immediately feel a sense of community and family when you join the Crown team and I am truly proud to work for a company like this.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
You need to be looking for a convenient, 9-5 job and not much else. Everyone is a hired hand who doesn't get reviewed and there is no Human Resources Director. Employees are watched like they are children or teenage hourly minimum wage workers that need to be producing every second of the day. It's sort of soul crushing that adults have work in that type of culture.
Pros
The employees are generally nice.
Cons
Limited beneifts and PTO. Small company culture.
November 30, 2020
Crown awards IS a convenient job, and that is a positive here! In fact, despite COVID-19 and an unimaginable slow down, Crown Awards has managed to stay open and flourish with our top tier staff. We do in fact hold reviews once a year. This has been the practice for the 30 plus years we have been in business. During the pandemic we did cross training and employee growth presentations to make sure that even in the toughest of times we were dedicated to everyone’s growth and success. We have been steadfast at keeping our staff in the loop on their progress and formal reviews will continue here.While we do not “clock-watch” we do ask that our employees remain productive. We find people are happier when they submit work with merit. A call-center environment is not for everyone. Certain individual’s work styles are not conducive to our fast pace.We do have a Human Resources Director, who has been working around the clock to keep the Crown Awards family safe and informed more than ever in the last six months. Our employees are some of the best in the business! We encourage anyone looking for a congenial and successful company to work for to look at our open positions.Thank you!
Amables nobles atentos contentos alegres bondadoso
Pros
Me gusta mucho el trabajo en crown awards
Cons
Que no tienen beneficios
My time at the company was unpleasant, to say the least. A general lack of communication, poor raises/pay and little room for advancement (mainly just a lot of lateral moves) was the norm.The leadership rarely listens to sound advice. They take constructive criticism as 'negativity' and often punish those who speak anything less than praise. There is little to no innovation or improvements, which hurts the company as well as the employees. Though that's not to say that employees don't constantly offer excellent suggestions for improvement, because they do. They are just unfortunately ignored more often than not.This is not a performance-based company, it is personality based. Individuals favored by management go far, while others do not move or more often leave/are let go; leading to a good deal of unsuitable people in high positions and a generally fearful atmosphere. Public reprimands, yelling and other forms of unprofessionalism run rampant and cause a great deal of unnecessary stress.I can only recommend if the intent is to make your stay brief. Outside of that, this is not a healthy place to stay long-term.
Pros
occasional free lunches, healthcare (not great, but it's something)
Cons
poor management, lack of communication, poor pay, little to no room for advancement, not forward thinkers
July 9, 2020
As president of Crown Awards for 30 plus years, we have never faced such a devastating and unexpected situation leaving us paralyzed in our steps. We went from preparing for a great spring season, to getting bombed with a virus which brought our business to it’s knees. When Corona first hit, we thought it would pass in a week or two expecting to maintain our full staff while preparing for the excitement of our busiest time of year. However, as Covid spread, events were canceled, people were locked down, and our business came to a halt leaving us no choice but to make some very difficult and painful decisions. Despite of our business coming to a screeching halt, we were able to maintain the majority of our workforce.When people are let go, they have resentment and disappointment, which unfortunately turns into negative feelings. We are a successful company because of our people, people who appreciate Crown, and people who are appreciated by Crown.While we are not perfect, we are constantly trying to improve… we pride ourselves on innovation and hard work, in a safe and happy environment.
Crown Awards describes their company culture as "The Crown Awards Family". Maybe a few years ago, not anymore.I thought at one time I had found a career there, that I could work there among amazing coworkers, and friends, for years. That all stopped this year. Now, just the thought of Crown Awards makes me feel, angry, exhausted, and sad.The longer you work for Crown Awards, the more you realize that the environment there is toxic & oppressive. You realize the only way to succeed is to forget who you are as a person and become what they want you to be. From Management to Production, from IT to Shipping, from Customer Service to Marketing, everyone has been left to feel like their value lies solely in what Crown Awards can squeeze out of them. If you do not produce enough or do not learn quickly enough, then it's Goodbye. They make you feel like you are expendable, replaceable. No matter how long you have worked for them, or how loyal you are to them. There is no communication from owners to management, or from management to the department staff. The expectation is simply to do what you are told, however, what you are told changes daily and often contradicts itself. The owners only see numbers and dollar signs. They do not see their staff or what the employees do each day. If they actually sat down with some of their teams and took a look at the tasks laid out before them, I think they would better appreciate the work that is put into their sales.So many companies have suffered with COVID-19, however Crown Awards has truly gone off the rails here.As of May 2020 - more...
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Horrible Communication, Terrible Benefits, No HR Department
July 9, 2020
Recently celebrated my 10 year anniversary, I've learned alot & have grown with this company. My work/life balance is amazing. Great management team who value & appreciate my feedback. Glad to be apart of this Crown Team!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Crown Awards?
I’ve been the Custom Art Coordinator for 2.5 years, and still going strong. It’s a job I’ve adapted to and made my own. The core of my job is to set up orders for our talented artists, follow up with customers for artwork and approval, ensure they receive their custom awards in time, and answer their questions throughout the process. I am the bridge between our artists and customer. As the bridge, one of my main responsibilities is to handle all emails that come to our department’s inbox, and make sure they get answered. There is always an order waiting to be set up, an order that needs a follow-up, or another email question that needs to be answered. With our steady influx of orders and emails, there is always work to be done. Another responsibility of mine is to make sure the artwork we receive is of good printing quality. In order to do this, I mark orders that need to be retraced, and converse with the retracing artists to ensure we get the completed files in time. I keep a detailed spreadsheet that is updated constantly to reflect the most recent changes in orders, and when they need to go in production. Crown Awards is a healthy office environment with room for growth and advancement. The Management team encourages feedback and communication to make any task faster, more efficient, and overall better. We are constantly improving and evolving each aspect of our company to give a better experience to both our customers, and our employees. We are a family at Crown Awards, and each department works together to achieve new heights.
February 20, 2020
It’s wonderful to read this review! We try our very best here at Crown to create an environment of growth, challenge, opportunity and enjoyment. So much effort goes into placing the best candidates in the best positions to help them reach their ultimate potential. Through on-going education, training and team bonding we aim to keep the culture here one filled with highly motivated individuals who know how to work hard and play harder!Keep up all the great work. At Crown Awards, the best award is a happy and flourishing team!
At the beginning they make it seem as if they do all these things for the employees. They do have some event for employees but every year they got cheaper and cheaper. Management micromanages and they only care about selling. Management has their favorites whom can do no wrong. You can hear managers whispering to each other which makes employees uneasy about job security.They watch you like hawks. Employees are expected to look forward all the time. They don't want you talking to anyone else on the floor. They even watch how many times you use the restrooms or go get coffee or water. If you become friends with anyone they will make sure you don't have lunch together and will change your seat as if you were in elementary school. Its a joke how many times they move peoples seats and department location on the floor. All the employees have had their seat changed at least 4-5 times. Your given only 30 lunch with no other breaks. If you go out to lunch its extremely hard to find parking again, sometimes you have to walk about 2 blocks to find a space and it cuts into your lunch time. After being on the phone during busy season a break is needs since its highly stressful. Management will yell to pick up calls even when everyone is on the phones. Rules and procedures are changed all the time. During busy season they expect you to work late nights and on weekends. " As per the needs of the company" Training is a joke. They are either fired or they quit. They are very sneaky and in the time I was there at least 20 people have been fired or leave for a better job. They review calls and - more...
February 17, 2020
While it is always disappointing to hear a negative review from a former employee it is with great confidence that we here at Crown take every measure to make sure employees have a comfortable, safe and challenging work environment. We recognize that not all hires and transitions will benefit all parties and when we part with an individual it is always after making every attempt to accommodate said employee whether that be professionally or even personally- sometimes through medical struggles of both the individual employee or their family members. In the last month alone, we have awarded multiple employees awards for their calls – including but not limited to having a “Perfect Call.” This means their phone manner and customer service was exemplary. While we do focus on sales, it is because we are an in-coming call center where customers reach out to us for items and assistance in purchasing them. Additionally, our call center is a fast paced environment that many people here crave and enjoy. It is not for everyone and we try to find candidates who flourish from being busy and having purpose. We do not and have not ever required employees to only look forward and not use the restroom. Seat changes are made occasionally as we are proud to say we are a growing team and are working toward modeling our call center around harmony and productivity. With that being said we maintain specific procedures that have made Crown awards successful for over 40 years. Our success is built on our people and our people have built success through commitment and communication. We are - more...
I have been working at Crown Awards for over 20 years and love working for Crown Awards. Crown is like a family to me and has been very supportive of me. Management is great and always there to help. Crown has given me a schedule that works with my family life.
Crown Awards is a really good place to work. Friendly managers and coworkers, they give you the tools you need to growth and success is up to you to get to the top, I have been working with the company for 3 years and it has been an amazing experience. As an IT guy I have been given all the training needed to be successful and grow on my Job.
Pros
Good training, Many Activities special days with free food included, employee of the month has their own parking, good management, good equipment, they care about the employee.
Cons
Only 1/2 hr of lunch and you have to get early to get a parking spots close, if not you will need to park far from the entrance.
Opportunities for growth.The owners are great,they do what they can to help you succeed. Great staff and management cares you.Compensated very fairly.
When I started at Crown, I had no work experience with graphics/art or even an office setting at all. Beginning as an entry level intern position I was able to grow into management within 5 years. This was all possible by using the tools provided, following directions, most of all with the helpful managers/coworkers. Hard work with a desire to always learn and improve is not only appreciated but acknowledged here. Crown is a family atmosphere where personal achievements are recognized as well as professional. Ownership wants you to grow with the company, promoting new and innovative ideas. I get to create and collaborate on all types of unique awards and designs, for customers and companies I could only dream of years ago. Everyday is something new and exciting. Plenty of office activities and holiday parties for fun with amazing coworkers. If you want to enjoy your work days, increase skills, and be a part of something bigger, this is the place for you.
I started out working as a data processor in the Engraving department in Crown Awards last year in February 2019. Worked hard through the busy season, to the point where the hard work and skills were recognized. They've provided me with the opportunity with a better position in the Marketing department, so it is definitely possible to move up at Crown Awards. The managers and other employees are all very friendly and and easy to work with, they really help make the work day less stressful!
Pros
Flexible hours, Friendly Co-workers, Good Managers
Cons
They gave me no chance at all. I was working with a "buddy" at the time who was not helping me at all. I went through all the training and was told I would have a week with the "buddy" but on my 2nd day on the floor I was fired for no reason that I can see. You literally can not get up to use the bathroom without asking for permission. I was also promised and reassured that I was doing great and to take my time getting comfortable on the phones. Like I said they only gave me 2 days not a week to learn how to manage phones and computer with my "buddy" who was constantly putting customers on hold and getting up and walking around every 10 minutes. Very unprofessional atmosphere to work in.
February 6, 2020
As the Call Center Manager at Crown Awards, I am sorry you feel negatively about your experience here. While we depend on people to be available to promptly respond to our customer inquiries, we go above and beyond to create a friendly, supportive atmosphere with lots of fun events, snacks, celebrations and good times. From super bowl parties, to daily birthday and holiday celebrations, we have a close and diverse family of great people who enjoy getting rewarded and recognized for their hard work. Our call center tenure is way above the industry average with many of our representatives growing into senior level positions throughout the company. With over 500 employees, we take every review seriously and we will immediately look into your concerns. However, an active call center is not always a fit for everyone and we try our best to match people who have a drive to work hard, play hard and deliver great customer service.
I have worked here for over 9 years and cannot think of ever going anywhere else. This is a family run business and although I am not family, my managers and co-workers have become my family. After many years here, I am still learning new stuff all the time. Very fast paced, fun environment to work in.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Flexibility
It is a company that exploits. their employees are never allowed to reach 40 hours, two days a week they explode you and the other days they marry you early to take away the hours you did
December 6, 2019
I could not be more disappointed to read a review like this. We have been in business for over 30 years. We have hundreds of employees, many of which have been with us for many years. We strive to create a positive work environment for everyone. I have an open door policy for all employees, and have listened to, and implemented, so many great ideas over the years from employees who have come to me. Our goal at Crown is for every employee to have a great experience working for us and to be the best company to work for in Westchester, New York.
Learned a lot, great training from management. Overall management was amazing, caring, and family feeling within departments. Expect hard work on a typical day, but has fun in-between.
Cons
Owners involvement has negative impact on employee satisfaction
  1. Employee Reviews