Crown Castle Employee Reviews

May favorite day was Monday
Program Manager -Fiber optics/ Small Cell (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2018
Crown Castle was a great place to work its a fast moving environment with great peolple.You must be a decision maker to keep up with the environment.I will miss my team and all the great people.
Very poor advancement opportunities unless you are in the in crowd.
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
If you are a tech, dont ever expect to advance. Dead end job. They love to talk about advancing your career but that is just talk. They also abuse their contractors and lie to them.
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Advancement and management
Not impressed with Fiber department
Fiber-optic / OSP Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2018
I left a great job due to being recruited by Crown fiber and after 4 and days they let me go for no reason or explanation.They want you at office at 0800 even if you have construction GC's waiting for you on the other side of town. They also want you to be at office at five before you drive back home even if your home is ten minutes from job site. There were several occasions I was on a job site and I had to drive in traffic one hour to the office just to turn around and drive back in traffic to get home. They use key cards on doors to track your time. That is why they do this. This makes it impossible to be a CM especially if you are only allowed to work 40 hours. I expected more from Crown. It has been a company I have dreamed of working for my entire career and i am just disappointment.. Too bad. Moving on to better things! Their loss.
Pros
Free sodas in break room.
Cons
broken promises and really do not care for their employees on fiber side.
Indeed is very much a tech company culture
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  PAMay 29, 2018
Easy going environment but always fun if you like a challenge.My team was motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I learn from them, and continue to be impressed by the ways they challenge themselves to improve their skills and knowledge.
Work Review
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2018
My superiors cared about work and personnel. Work/life balance seems to be lacking on the side of more work than "life" to meet deadlines. Communication breakdowns seem to happen too often via not enough people making themselves available for each other, though morale is generally good and the people work hard.
Pros
"The Crown 15"
Cons
"The Crown 15"
Good company to learn and advance your career
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 19, 2018
Good work/life balance. Opportuities to advance your career. Company is acquisition hungry; acquired 4+ companies in the past four years. Culture can be challenging at times.
Great company and benifits
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 3, 2018
Great company to work for, good pay, benefits, vacation, work life balance.
Everyone works together as a team to provide outstand infrastructure and customer relations.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Friendly With no Chance to Advance/ No Job Security
Joint Use Pole Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2018
Quiet & friendly work-environment but no advancement opportunities were ever given. They said that I was doing a great job and then they let me go because I was absent for one week after becoming ill with pneumonia. After working 50 hr weeks for eight months as a contract worker they just let me go for being sick/ absent for one week eight months into my one year contract.
Pros
Fun/ enjoyable job position
Cons
Management doesn's seem to care about advancing contract workers who they say they are pleased with.
Avoid
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
I felt like this is where my career went to die. You have to be in the 'click' to get advanced, otherwise you are a pawn for the management to play with for their amusement and political power. Your experience here will depend greatly by what your position is in this company and who you report to, but I wont risk it taking a job here in hope you win that lottery.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Micro management; bullies in leadership posiitons
Fast Paced work environment
Construction Manager - DAS / FIBER Networks (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
Day starts at 8am goes through to 6pm usually. Sometimes it gets longer. go out to job location to do inspections, punch walks,
meetings, along with some Desk work that is done Daily.

Its a good place to work if you dont mind not a lot of hands on direction. Management needs to be improved, but what place doesn't. Its a growing coplany l

The advancement is limited in some areas, that is the downside of the job. And Everyjob has them. Good thing is.. they are constantly growing. It should be on your list of top 5 companies to work for in telecome... no matter what!
Cons
long days.. needs better upper management
Very relaxed atmosphere and great working environment.
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for and the work environment is stress free. Coworkers are very helpful and job responsibilities are very achievable. Plenty of team bonding activities, so you get to know all of your coworkers.
Pleasant co-workers
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 8, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Nice work environment, great benefits, learned a lot about project management. I would recommend Crown Castle to people.
Very relaxed
Real Estate Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
Good work life balance. Very flexible hours. Very supportive to go and visit other offices to network within the company. Everyone was willing to help each other.
Crown Castle Work Environment
Construction Manager - Small Cell DAS Solutions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2018
Working with Crown Castle was fast paced and organized. I felt that management was very supportive and had my best interest in mind when it came to working each project.
Excellent Company
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2018
Even though I was hired thru a handling company, I wish this location could have permanent opportunities. Unfortunately, I cam ein the middle of the transition and was not able to be a part of a full time position offer. Hopefully they will reconsider on hiring new people for a full time position in the near future. Would definitely like to etire from this company.
Pros
Excellent Benefis
great job
Network Operations Engineer II (NOC) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2018
ok place to work. learned alot, various tools to monitor and troubleshoot issues on numerous equip types. worked with splicers and field techs on fiber trouble issues
Pros
flexible
Cons
co-workers
Great Culture
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  AZ, PA, ILMarch 6, 2018
Great company to work for provided you are on board with you immediate supervisors personal agenda.

This company set the standard for the wireless industry.
Excellant Company
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAFebruary 23, 2018
Fast paced environment. Received excellent direction and communication from management. Lists were reviewed on daily basis for work and special instructions for certain requests from manager.
Pros
Quick pace- no nights or week-ends.
Cons
Travel to work 64 miles per day.
independent work atmosphere
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
A great place to learn small cell solutions. Fiber optics is a future industry and Crown Castle has a great fiber solutions for telecommunication companies for small cell development.
Leadership
MAJOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Excellent company and awesome senior leadership. Enterprise division is new and has very limited capabilities in Houston. Crown Castle holistically is a great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight