Crown Castle Employee Reviews

Used to be a great place to work
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
The culture has changed significantly over the last year. Employees are promoted based on VP favoritism and not most qualified or best fit. Perks have been taken away. Males earn more than females for same work. Worst of all, there is insufficient headcount while the company continues to be profitable. Entry and mid level employees are overloaded and morale is low.
The only positive I can think of is the benefits package and health insurance is good.
Project Manager (Contractor)
Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 1, 2018
Enjoyable place to work with challenging assignments. Spent a lot of time commuting between the office & the job site on a daily basis to manage a 6-month DAS upgrade project. Many project-specific teams consisted of employees physically located at multiple offices throughout the country.
Pros
Training, Flexible Hours & Onsite Gym
Cons
Internal Promotions at the expense of Experienced External Resources
Fast pace, ever changing work environment.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2018
Ever changing, fast paced, heavy workload, always needed additional staffing resources. I enjoyed the Team I worked with, highly professional group of people dedicated to excellence. Written company culture and day to day company culture not in sync.
Pros
401K match, bonus end of year based on company profit, excellent healthcare
Cons
never sufficient staffing for work load
Middle School Atmosphere
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  East areaDecember 14, 2018
Its not about your ability but more of the group you belong to in the East. Long days, micromanagement, and change of direction daily. Management leads by intimidation and truly does not want to hear any suggestions.

Nepotism is the way this company promotes!

Joke of the day are the B3's. Leadership literally laughs at this.
Pros
Good Pay Plan
Cons
Culture is non-existent.
Great coworkers !
Field Operations Technician, Cell site Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2018
Good benefits great place to work for but very difficult to advance with in company. If your content with slow paced work this is the way to go but if your ambitious about advancing your career it will be very hard to move up unless your willing to relocate across the country.
Pros
Great place to work at!
Cons
Difficult to career advancement.
Great company - strange employment practices
Contracts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 6, 2018
I loved working at Crown. The work was engaging and I was very well compensated. I was on a contract - supposed to be 6 - 12 months, and suddenly my contract was terminated, with no warning, no explanation. My work product was excellent, and my rate was middle-high for the team.

Management is a little wonky at times. Nice people, not incredible management skills.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 3, 2018
The people and exciting projects make this place an enjoyable place to work. All the offices at Crown Castle are very nice, and the company invests in developing employee's professional skills.
Pros
great industry, communication, training and development, smart people, team efforts, free snacks
Cons
varies by department, entrepreneurial type challenges
Crown is a great company...
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
if you know how to play the game. Not much room for advancement unless you're part of the departmental power circles. The overall company culture is a breath of fresh air but please be aware of specific management practices that don't fairly provide advancement opportunities.
Positive work enviornment/ Friendly atmosphere
Joint Use Pole Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2018
Good learning environment/ learned on a need-to-know basis; not much chance for advancement or to go from contract to permanent employee. Work environment and tasks were fun to complete with a friendly environment.
Cons
No advancement/ no change from contract to permanent employee
Just Not What I thought
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 19, 2018
There is not enough resources to do my job accurately. I normally do all the testing which is hard at times because of the limited resources. Way to much drama which spreads quickly throughout the company. They have a lot to learn and not many are open to change.
Day
Field operations technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
They were not family orientated like they push and say they are. Its all about them, really enjoyed working with my fellow employees to this day i would do anything for those guys. MGT is not well balanced and does not believe in their employees. They will throw you under the bus quick
Good company with positive mind
Senior Cash Analysis (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 21, 2018
Great company to work for, management was very encouraging and lots of advancement if you seek for it. I would have not left the company if it wasn't for my spouse job transfer.
Pros
Very professional company to work for
Excellent
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2018
On top of learning experience I had with Crown Castle, the culture was unbelievable. I was welcome by the entire people there. The hardest part for me was the driving in snow and everyone was there for me for advice until I was used to it
Contract Engagement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJuly 25, 2018
Solomon Edwards was engage by Crown Castle to pull data from contracts acquired through acquisitions.

I enjoyed work with the SE Team as well as the CC environment. I could see where CC is a wonderful place to work at with Management taking care of their employees
Prefer to decline additional comments.
Small Cells & Fiber Solutions Program Manger (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Prefer to decline additional comments. Great place to work under certain management/divisions. I was in a heavy travel position and we were extremely under staffed.
Decent benefits but limited advancement.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 11, 2018
The benefits are decent, better than most places, however there is limited room for advancement and often positions are granted based on nepotism rather than merit.
Good environment to work in. Job security
ASSET INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  2000 Corporate Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317July 2, 2018
It is an amazing place to work. Good benefits, treats employees very well.They are the leading company of infrustructure in the telecommunications business. I especially worked on existing cell towers in the CAD field.

Great place!
Growing company with great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PA 15317October 2, 2018
Fantastic place to join as company is diversifying their business - plenty of opportunities coming in the years ahead. Locations throughout the US. Stable company environment
Work Review
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2018
My superiors cared about work and personnel. Work/life balance seems to be lacking on the side of more work than "life" to meet deadlines. Communication breakdowns seem to happen too often via not enough people making themselves available for each other, though morale is generally good and the people work hard.
Pros
"The Crown 15"
Cons
"The Crown 15"
Friendly With no Chance to Advance/ No Job Security
Joint Use Pole Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2018
Quiet & friendly work-environment but no advancement opportunities were ever given. They said that I was doing a great job and then they let me go because I was absent for one week after becoming ill with pneumonia. After working 50 hr weeks for eight months as a contract worker they just let me go for being sick/ absent for one week eight months into my one year contract.
Pros
Fun/ enjoyable job position
Cons
Management doesn's seem to care about advancing contract workers who they say they are pleased with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight