Crown Castle Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Day
Field operations technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
They were not family orientated like they push and say they are. Its all about them, really enjoyed working with my fellow employees to this day i would do anything for those guys. MGT is not well balanced and does not believe in their employees. They will throw you under the bus quick
Great Company
Network Deployment Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2018
CCI is a great company that is winning a lot of business. Would have accepted extension to continue working had the daily commute not exceeded 120 miles.
get ahead if you are in a kliq
NOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Southpointe, PAJuly 5, 2018
to advance it is not how hard you work it is who you know and if you are in a kliq. supervisors don't provide proper training to new hires and are out of the room a lot.
Pros
good pay
Cons
kliqs
Good environment to work in. Job security
ASSET INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  2000 Corporate Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317July 2, 2018
It is an amazing place to work. Good benefits, treats employees very well.They are the leading company of infrustructure in the telecommunications business. I especially worked on existing cell towers in the CAD field.

Great place!
Fair
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 25, 2018
Not much room for growth. Seem to promote it well but prefer to hire vendors over their loyal employees. Perks of gym and cellphone reimbursement, Lots of training that does not pertain to role.
Crown Castle is Amazing
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2018
Crown is a wonderful place to work! The company culture is solid and the employees are wonderful. They allow a great work-life balance and provide great benefits to employees.
Fast paced
Real Estate Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJune 17, 2018
Crown castle has a fast paced environment. The culture is starting to be hindered by the fast growth but management is expressing more interest in improving the culture.
May favorite day was Monday
Program Manager -Fiber optics/ Small Cell (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2018
Crown Castle was a great place to work its a fast moving environment with great peolple.You must be a decision maker to keep up with the environment.I will miss my team and all the great people.
Very poor advancement opportunities unless you are in the in crowd.
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
If you are a tech, dont ever expect to advance. Dead end job. They love to talk about advancing your career but that is just talk. They also abuse their contractors and lie to them.
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Advancement and management
Not impressed with Fiber department
Fiber-optic / OSP Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2018
I left a great job due to being recruited by Crown fiber and after 4 and days they let me go for no reason or explanation.They want you at office at 0800 even if you have construction GC's waiting for you on the other side of town. They also want you to be at office at five before you drive back home even if your home is ten minutes from job site. There were several occasions I was on a job site and I had to drive in traffic one hour to the office just to turn around and drive back in traffic to get home. They use key cards on doors to track your time. That is why they do this. This makes it impossible to be a CM especially if you are only allowed to work 40 hours. I expected more from Crown. It has been a company I have dreamed of working for my entire career and i am just disappointment.. Too bad. Moving on to better things! Their loss.
Pros
Free sodas in break room.
Cons
broken promises and really do not care for their employees on fiber side.
Indeed is very much a tech company culture
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  PAMay 29, 2018
Easy going environment but always fun if you like a challenge.My team was motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I learn from them, and continue to be impressed by the ways they challenge themselves to improve their skills and knowledge.
Work Review
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2018
My superiors cared about work and personnel. Work/life balance seems to be lacking on the side of more work than "life" to meet deadlines. Communication breakdowns seem to happen too often via not enough people making themselves available for each other, though morale is generally good and the people work hard.
Pros
"The Crown 15"
Cons
"The Crown 15"
Good company to learn and advance your career
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 19, 2018
Good work/life balance. Opportuities to advance your career. Company is acquisition hungry; acquired 4+ companies in the past four years. Culture can be challenging at times.
Great company and benifits
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 3, 2018
Great company to work for, good pay, benefits, vacation, work life balance.
Everyone works together as a team to provide outstand infrastructure and customer relations.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Friendly With no Chance to Advance/ No Job Security
Joint Use Pole Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2018
Quiet & friendly work-environment but no advancement opportunities were ever given. They said that I was doing a great job and then they let me go because I was absent for one week after becoming ill with pneumonia. After working 50 hr weeks for eight months as a contract worker they just let me go for being sick/ absent for one week eight months into my one year contract.
Pros
Fun/ enjoyable job position
Cons
Management doesn's seem to care about advancing contract workers who they say they are pleased with.
Avoid
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
I felt like this is where my career went to die. You have to be in the 'click' to get advanced, otherwise you are a pawn for the management to play with for their amusement and political power. Your experience here will depend greatly by what your position is in this company and who you report to, but I wont risk it taking a job here in hope you win that lottery.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Micro management; bullies in leadership posiitons
Fast Paced work environment
Construction Manager - DAS / FIBER Networks (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
Day starts at 8am goes through to 6pm usually. Sometimes it gets longer. go out to job location to do inspections, punch walks,
meetings, along with some Desk work that is done Daily.

Its a good place to work if you dont mind not a lot of hands on direction. Management needs to be improved, but what place doesn't. Its a growing coplany l

The advancement is limited in some areas, that is the downside of the job. And Everyjob has them. Good thing is.. they are constantly growing. It should be on your list of top 5 companies to work for in telecome... no matter what!
Cons
long days.. needs better upper management
Very relaxed atmosphere and great working environment.
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for and the work environment is stress free. Coworkers are very helpful and job responsibilities are very achievable. Plenty of team bonding activities, so you get to know all of your coworkers.
Pleasant co-workers
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 8, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Nice work environment, great benefits, learned a lot about project management. I would recommend Crown Castle to people.
Very relaxed
Real Estate Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
Good work life balance. Very flexible hours. Very supportive to go and visit other offices to network within the company. Everyone was willing to help each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight