Crown Castle Employee Reviews

Crown Castle
RF Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 10, 2019
Crown Castle is a great company to work for where they emphasize work/life balance. As an intern, your skill experience can depend on who your working with and the time constraints they have with the current workload. I would highly recommend finding a mentor within the company to assist you in developing your skills internally.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes lacks enough work for interns
Successful company with opportunity to grow.
Site Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2019
Employees were issued the latest technology to aid in the completion of tasks. Daily deployment meeting ensured that task were completed on schedule. Team leaders were helpful and other
team members assisted when possible.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Sometimes there was too much travelling
production
Field Operations Engineer/ Projects (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2019
typical work day would be preparing for upcoming projects
I learned quite a bit about the industry

the work culture is great

the hardest part of the job is pleasing the customer(s)
Leadership lacks
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2019
Management hires people who have no idea how to people manage and they act like you should know everything and offer no training on the position that you are in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad managment
Large corporate business whose focus is $, not employees
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 21, 2019
Not sure what this company was like in the past but my experiences has been that the executive team is either out of touch with their employees or that they just lie about opportunities, progression, culture etc. People are treated as numbers, not people. Despite being a telecom company that should naturally be adapted to a diverse and widespread workforce, they only offer positions in limited areas and don't consistently allow for working remotely. There seems to be no process for reviewing departments that are over worked and understaffed or vice versa and improving things. There is huge disparity across departments that constantly seem to be inundated with work and those that are not because they've been given no direction. There is huge potential for this company to implode if they don't start fixing what's broken instead of focusing on their ridiculous "smart and fast" mantra.
Pros
benefits, pay (depending on your position)
Cons
everything else
Productive and nice place to work
Project Manager/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Crown Castle is a good company with projected growth and opportunity. Work life balance and shift work was available with overtime when hourly. Bonus structure was for direct employees only.
Pros
Great work life balence.
Fun Work Environment
Structural Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Tight knit work community that cares about employees. Great management, great work-life balance. Opportunities for advancement within company. A lot of activities.
From Private School to Public School
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2019
A sad case of what was an extraordinary company, a unicorn, turned into the a run of the mill corporation focused on the wrong things. A company that, at one time used what they deemed their most valuable assets, their employees to improve the company, have subsequently been silenced, ignored and treated poorly.
Benefits
Cons
Bad communication, no appreciation, bad culture, no work life balance, empty promises
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Crown. Get ready for the Crown 15, because in the fall, lunch is catered almost every single day. The B3s and SAR interview questions are both keys to getting ahead.
Fast-paced but stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 17, 2019
The culture promoted by senior leadership wasn't felt in my department. My direct manager was difficult to work for and induced a lot of stress on her direct reports. Unfortunately this has colored my view of the company. As the company has grown it's become a more stressful environment.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, no telecommuting, work-life balance is lacking
Fun, easy, productive
TEMP TOWER STRUCTURE ANALYSIT (Current Employee) –  1500 corporate dr cannonsburg paJanuary 5, 2019
The company is great, this is only a temp role so I have to look for something more concrete. The work flow is fairly stable, and everyone is nice and always happy to help.
Decent place to work but hard to advance. Pay does not match workload.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CentralDecember 21, 2018
Company is very profitable but that is not trickling down to the employees. Work load becomes greater while compensation stays the same. Hard to advance unless you're a brown noser or willing to relocate. The benefits are good and the culture is okay but has gotten worse since in the time I've been there.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid. Hard to advance.
One of the best companies ive worked for.
ASSET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2018
I was at crown castle in the WTA(West Area Office) for 5 years. I started as a CM, advanced to PM, and ended as an asset manager. The culture is great, the people are amazing. Crown truly cares about its employees, and a healthy work life balance. I was let go for a mistake completing FMLA paperwork, and it cost me one of the best opportunities I've ever had.
Pros
Work life balance, remote work approved, great cultural experience.
Cons
Long commute, if you dont live in rhe east valley.
Great Opportunity
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 13, 2018
The opportunities for career and educational advancement were instrumental in the successful career I enjoyed for over 25 years. The trust and faith that was given me propelled me to give my all to any projects I was in charge to execute.
Great coworkers !
Field Operations Technician, Cell site Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2018
Good benefits great place to work for but very difficult to advance with in company. If your content with slow paced work this is the way to go but if your ambitious about advancing your career it will be very hard to move up unless your willing to relocate across the country.
Pros
Great place to work at!
Cons
Difficult to career advancement.
Used to be a great place to work
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
The culture has changed significantly over the last year. Employees are promoted based on VP favoritism and not most qualified or best fit. Perks have been taken away. Males earn more than females for same work. Worst of all, there is insufficient headcount while the company continues to be profitable. Entry and mid level employees are overloaded and morale is low.
The only positive I can think of is the benefits package and health insurance is good.
Crown is a great company...
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
if you know how to play the game. Not much room for advancement unless you're part of the departmental power circles. The overall company culture is a breath of fresh air but please be aware of specific management practices that don't fairly provide advancement opportunities.
Fast pace, ever changing work environment.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2018
Ever changing, fast paced, heavy workload, always needed additional staffing resources. I enjoyed the Team I worked with, highly professional group of people dedicated to excellence. Written company culture and day to day company culture not in sync.
Pros
401K match, bonus end of year based on company profit, excellent healthcare
Cons
never sufficient staffing for work load
Excellent
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2018
On top of learning experience I had with Crown Castle, the culture was unbelievable. I was welcome by the entire people there. The hardest part for me was the driving in snow and everyone was there for me for advice until I was used to it
N/a
RF Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 13, 2018
It was fun and I learned a lot. Things did get a bit weird and the company became very corporate. The changes made were in my opinion for the worst.Hopefully things get better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight