Crown Cork & Seal
Coronavirus update
Information from Crown Cork & Seal:

Crown Cork & Seal Employee Reviews

United States256 reviews
Very good pay and benefits but the atmosphere is extremely hostile between management and hourly union workers. Staff is nice to your face but have no backing or help with each other.
If you don't want to work hard, then this company is not for you. However, if you apply yourself and work hard, you can have a lifelong career at Crown. Benefits are amazing: hourly workers get pensions, everyone gets free health benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc. Operations at the plants run 24x7 with lots of opportunities for overtime.

We are an essential company because we make cans for food, beverage and aerosol cans (cleaners, etc.).
No job security. If you ask questions,they will tell you not to come back and just get a temp to replace you. No leadership what so ever. You live at work. No life outside.
A good job with good pay. Full time work for the wage. I would recommend this job to my best friend. The experience there working was a privilege. Awesome thanks
Quality controlAlways did my best job for the best production products they were always pleased with any and all Jobs or decisions I would have to suddenly make
Job seekers rely on your experience.
easy work.great benefits.. deceitful- vindictive-discriminatory and just plan no management that are helpful,.Except a couple. Paid holidays but you are forced to work them. Days off but you are forced to work them . you can not make any plans .
Corporate decided not to give out any employee bonus this year for Christmas although all goals were achieved. What a way to stick it to your employees and their families just in time for Christmas. Tons of mandatory overtime and corporate shows appreciation by withholding bonuses.
Extremely pro company, unwilling to work with employees at almost any level. Work every holiday, poor parking regular forced overtime, write ups abound
Pros
Pay
Cons
No family life
Company doesn't care about their workers at all. Stressful work environment because nobody from the front office ever knows what they are doing on a day to day basis especially the plant manager!
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Management, job security, and schedule
Enjoyed my role as the Safety and HR role. However, training was very vague when starting in the position. At times, the office environment was very toxic and stressful.
Communication and culture is great at my location, information is available for any and all questions. The goals are clear and the resources to achieve them available. Management does its best to work with employees when flexibility during a shift is necessary.
Crown cork and seal is a fast pace workplace that manufactures empty beverage cans for fillers and has great benefits and very long working hrs and alots of overtime which is ok with me cause I'm a single person that dont mind working everyday .
Terrible union, only protects bad employees, you can be forced six 14 hr shifts a week and if you don't want to work, then you get fired, okay money..
Again.. Great place to earn a living and pay all your bills. Just don't get sick or hurt or they will outcast you. Their problems stem from within the office and leach to the work floor.
Every day you go to work they are talking about closing the doors if you like living at work this is for you if you like second shift that is where you will be working and dont ever make plans because you will be stuck with over time taht no one else wants they will teach you to do the job one way and don't feel out the paper work the way they train you it is the way they fire you if you dont do a check leave it blank
Crown is not a bad place to work but it could be so much better. Management is very old school and does not look for new or better solutions. Many of the employees do not feel like their jobs are secure.
I only worked there for about 10 weeks. Very kind and helpful management. It was a fast paced work environment. The staff was very kind and helpful for any question that I had.
I worked for Crown for 20 years including 10 1/2 months thru a temp service. They let you hang not knowing from week to week if you will be working there the following week. And they have gotten ride of people for asking about hiring. It's hot in the summer, and colder inside the building than it is outside in the wintertime, but the office area is very comfortable. It is an old building, but simple things to make it warmer in the winter are blantly ignored. Worked 21 turn for most of my time there, then we got a new plant manager and he sweet talked enough people into changing to 12 hour shifts. When people started complaining about the loss of money, he ignored them, them when production went down, he laid off 30 people and fired as many.These were the first lay offs in 16+ years. He installed cameras everywhere and punished people for the simplest things.New hires stood around and played on cell phones all shift and not a word was said. Corporate finally caught up with him and the plant manager "quit to spend more time with family" Job security has become a thing of the past. Good money and benefits are decent, but watch your back or you will get knifed.
Great benefits but that is the ONLY good thing I am able to say for the plant where I worked. Is run and controlled by clicks in the plant. And management runs on cowardice and fear !
One year before my planned retirement when I was one month to 65 years old and disabled, they just got rid of me after I worked there for total of 13+ years.
It is a steady job with benefits. I left automotive to gain the benefits but I am not much on running the equipment as much as I would rather be turning wrenches. Most of the time is spent operating the equipment and running quality checks. One will make good money if the schedule works for them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Cork & Seal. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9