Crown Equipment Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company with a great product.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2018
It's been almost 21 years for me at Crown and I've enjoyed almost every minute of it. Crown is the leader in the material handling industry with the best product in the market. The people at Crown are wonderful to work for and with.
Pros
Best product in the industry
Cons
Highest price product in the industry
Optimal Place To Work
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Crown is a great place to work. Safety is priority number one with the company, making you feel secure while at work. The responsibilities of your job are challenging enough yet not too difficult to maintain. Management is well selected and behaved.
Pros
Great people, hours, and responsibilities
Very Productive work environment and encourages learning
Internal Communications Co-Op (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Very well ran company that is always thinking about its employees. Great benefits as well as work environment. The company provided me with and excellent Co-Op experience that I will use the rest of my life.
None is available
Design Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHAugust 20, 2018
Overall, it is a good company. Nice position, nice people. The culture here makes me feel like it's a family in our group. People are willing to help.
Productive and engaging.
Assembly Line Worker/Welder (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INJuly 16, 2018
Crown is a very productive place to work mostly do to it being a lift truck manufacturer. For the most part I feel appreciated for the things I do for the company. The work I do keeps me busy for most of the day which I like as it keeps me engaged.
Pros
Paid break, discount programs, benefist
Cons
No paid lunch, I don’t agree with how some things are done
do not suggest working here
Wire Harness Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHJuly 10, 2018
I would never recommend this place to anyone. I worked at the Crown in Minster. Favoritism is a major problem here. Those who work hard are valued just the same as those who slack off. In my time there, those who have no business in management somehow made their way up. Do not expect to see any promotions unless you are favored by management. Fellow employees are allowed to talk bad about other employees. There is no reinforcement on bullying, unless you are one of the select few who get away with everything. The HR rep for minster is a joke. Also, they are strict on dress code yet the branch manager walks around wearing clothes that is inappropriate for someone with that title. Office staff walks through daily without steel toes. I left this place taking a pay cut and i do not regret it the slightest bit.
not bad
Welder (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHJune 22, 2018
i had to sit in the booth and was expected not to talk and just sit there and do the same thing for 8 hours. personally do not like doing the same thing with no personal contact for so long. thats just me
Pros
pay
Cons
no communication
friends with benefits
prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  New Knoxville, OHJune 22, 2018
dont. trust. ANYONE.
favoritism runs rampant and by reporting it to upper management or hr, you are basically hanging a target around your neck. it is one of the best paying jobs in the area for people without college degrees, and because of that I am trapped in a job i hate; surrounded by infantile, backstabbing, petty hypocrites. i am depressed and anxious every day, but i cant afford to quit or get fired.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Great company to work for
Regional Sales Manager Latin America (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHJune 20, 2018
Work remotely and in office. learned business skills for Latin American market. Conservative workplace. Demanding travel schedule. Working with so many different people with different backgrounds and seeing the inside of other industries
Good place too work, at the job I have
Electronic Test Technician (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMay 31, 2018
I started at Crown four years ago. I was involved in consumer electronics repair for many years until that was no longer a viable option. Having no industrial electronics experience, I got a job at Crown in electronics assembly, hoping for a chance to advance. Honestly, I didn't like it, but I did finally get the chance to do more. Since then, I've really enjoyed working there. Being a part of the Engineering test group has been a great experience for me, as I am given many varied challenges and really enjoy it.
Fast paced and can be fun. Relaxed workplace working by yourself
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTMay 28, 2018
I loved working by myself, I believe they pushed for sales to much and had to meet quotas which could be difficult depending on your area. Management is smart but are not good teachers.
Pros
Sometimes free drinks or snacks. They pay for your gas in your van, never drive to work again.
Cons
Lack of communication because you work by yourself.
Good
Windows Administrator I (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMay 2, 2018
Great place to work with great management with opportunity to grow. Great benefits. Training allows you to grow as a person and to expand your skills to become the best employee.
Working at crown has given me the ability to grow in such a way that I didn't think I'd be able to as far as being a service technician.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2018
Learned many things about electrical and mechanical due to they have an awesome Training Center in Dallas Texas. We go to school once a year every year for one week. Are managers always sit down with us and. Talk about what the best schooling for us would be. Rather it is on one model of a lift or on another model of a lift or working on batteries and chargers. I am thankful to my managers for the opportunities that I have been given.
Pros
Training
Cons
Traing locations
Terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 28, 2018
Management is a joke . On FB all day
Favor friends ..
Does mot help anyone unless higher ups are around
Have to stay if work not finish for any reason
Pros
Na
Cons
Managemet
It was a stressfull job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2018
The managers are not in a proactive setting. They are in a reactionary. They pay under of what most companies pay. They will set a standard that is not reasonable in order to get a raise.
A few decades behind...
IT (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMarch 11, 2018
Just now starting to adopt some of the basic modern technologies that a global company should have.

Severely understaffed in IT and having a hard time attracting IT talent because of archaic management mentality - No flex hours, no telecommuting, and about 10% under industry standard for IT makes it almost impossible to find people who will drive out to a very rural area.

If this company doesn't want to start failing in the next 5-10 years, it better get with the times and start investing more in technology. Maybe the owner needs to shake things up and invite some fresh blood into the boys executive club. Repeating the same ideas and processes may have worked in the 80s and 90s but technology is moving fast now and you need to bring in people who can grow the business not be resistent to change.
Productive and a fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMarch 6, 2018
The workplace is clean and and well kept and the people there and fun to work with and the manger is will work with you ad make sure that each and everyday is easy and there is no drama
Pros
The people are nice
Cons
Short breaks
very on the go, meeting new people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 4, 2018
Expect traveling and being responsible for work van. Micromanaging is pretty much a staple here. Customer base is very wide spread and some arent the best at listening to recommendations. Training is pretty much self service, you are expected to do everything by yourself and felt lost.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
risk of injury, working on knees alot
No shortage of overtime.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 19, 2018
There is no shortage of overtime. Location is always short-staffed. Pay is much less than competitive; especially, for the San Francisco Bay Area. Management micro-manages everything you do.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
Pay is not competitive.
Nice place to work, take good care of their employees.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Crown is one of the largest employers in the area, they do a good job of supplying their employees with benefits and also pay. With Crown leading the way in the material handling market, this is a very stable place for anyone seeking employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Equipment Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss