Crown Equipment Corporation Employee Reviews

Good
Windows Administrator I (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMay 2, 2018
Great place to work with great management with opportunity to grow. Great benefits. Training allows you to grow as a person and to expand your skills to become the best employee.
Working at crown has given me the ability to grow in such a way that I didn't think I'd be able to as far as being a service technician.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2018
Learned many things about electrical and mechanical due to they have an awesome Training Center in Dallas Texas. We go to school once a year every year for one week. Are managers always sit down with us and. Talk about what the best schooling for us would be. Rather it is on one model of a lift or on another model of a lift or working on batteries and chargers. I am thankful to my managers for the opportunities that I have been given.
Pros
Training
Cons
Traing locations
Terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 28, 2018
Management is a joke . On FB all day
Favor friends ..
Does mot help anyone unless higher ups are around
Have to stay if work not finish for any reason
Pros
Na
Cons
Managemet
It was a stressfull job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2018
The managers are not in a proactive setting. They are in a reactionary. They pay under of what most companies pay. They will set a standard that is not reasonable in order to get a raise.
Productive and a fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMarch 6, 2018
The workplace is clean and and well kept and the people there and fun to work with and the manger is will work with you ad make sure that each and everyday is easy and there is no drama
Pros
The people are nice
Cons
Short breaks
very on the go, meeting new people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 4, 2018
Expect traveling and being responsible for work van. Micromanaging is pretty much a staple here. Customer base is very wide spread and some arent the best at listening to recommendations. Training is pretty much self service, you are expected to do everything by yourself and felt lost.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
risk of injury, working on knees alot
No shortage of overtime.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 19, 2018
There is no shortage of overtime. Location is always short-staffed. Pay is much less than competitive; especially, for the San Francisco Bay Area. Management micro-manages everything you do.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
Pay is not competitive.
Nice place to work, take good care of their employees.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Crown is one of the largest employers in the area, they do a good job of supplying their employees with benefits and also pay. With Crown leading the way in the material handling market, this is a very stable place for anyone seeking employment.
Not worth it
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 18, 2018
If you are qualified for a position at Crown try applying to other companies. If you are not qualified it’s a good starting point but for someone with any experience or schooling, it’s not worth it. Vacation time is terrible (5 days to start 10 days after a few years). You work outside in the elements but you don’t get sick time. Crowns pay is NOT competitive and the benefits are on a Walmart level. Healthcare has extreme deductibles at a high cost. Retirement is subpar. No room to advance unless you are willing to move. Good deeds are over looked and miss-steps are NEVER missed by management. They will train you for the job you have but not the job you want. Office personnel is usually bitter. Most long term employees have the vibe that they gave up on the company. Management is incompetent at times, when they make a mistake it falls to the technicians (you are the face of the company to the customers). The company always has a high demand to higher new employees because they have a hard time holding onto them. Crown worked well as a stepping stone for me but you need to learn and leave because they will hurt your growth. 1.5% pay increase semi-annually unless you have a poor review. They give you supplies and a vehicle but no tools. Expect constant pressure from customers and management.
I am trying to leave an unbiased realistic review from my observations along with other employee issues. Hope this helps.
Pros
Good entry level company
Cons
Pay, benefits, paid time off, etc.
Great Company with Great Potential for Employees
Field Service Manager, Indianapolis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Crown, It is a Great Company for Those looking to grow their Career in A Family atmosphere. The offer great pay for their technicians
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Low management pay
Good
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Like the company but Location is a major factor. Very nice people. I learned about myself, the corporate atmosphere and friendship. I would say try it out.
Management makes promises they dont keep.
Sawmill Associate (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INDecember 13, 2017
I was a temp that did so well that management came to me with an offer of full time employment after a week, I never missed a day, always on time, heard nothing but great things about how well I was doing (our daily quota was 280, I was hitting between 350 and 400 every day), two months later I was laid off with no offer of full time position or notice. Its a great company to work for, great pay, great benefits, just be careful of them leading you on to get you to stick around only to send you packing.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, Job Security
Crown Equipment Corp
Wire Harness Assembly (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHDecember 6, 2017
The workplace is absolutely terrible and I would NEVER recommend this company to anybody that needs a job. They treat there employee's like absolute trash. Management is awful unless you kiss butt. What I am basically saying is when you are working you need to keep you head down, don't talk to nobody and then go home or else you are going to get told on A LOT.
Pros
Amazing Benefits, Holiday pay and Birthday pay
Cons
Favoritism, no bonuses, no place to move up to unless you kiss major butt
Work enviroment
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INDecember 5, 2017
Safe clean work environment, friendly people, not where I want to retire from though, can only go so far up the ladder with just welding certification, do not receive a whole lot of paid time off or vacation time though
A great place to work
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
Crown is definitely an excellent place to work. There is a ton of room for advancement and they provide excellent training. The workplace culture is great and it is the type of place where people stay throughout their careers.
Great place to work.
International Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INNovember 11, 2017
Crown has been an excellent place to work, I am retiring and relocating to Florida. They have been very good to me and I will miss them. They are very employee / family orientated and care very much for all employees
Overall good company
Electronic Assembler II (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHNovember 6, 2017
Crown Equipment is overall a very good company to work for. Management is generally positive, and the company focuses on creating a positive work environment. Opportunities for education and further training are more than abundant. There is a major focus on environmental responsibility and worker safety. Employee committees have been created to provide guidance to management and all employees are encouraged to participate. Many of the employee recommendations are implemented, with incentives for those who participate.
Fun Competitive work place
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHNovember 1, 2017
Crown excels in manufacturing lift trucks. This makes it a fast paced work environment that is also competitive. Each new work day brought a new challenge to solve as a team.
Decent work/ life balance
Painter/Safety Mentor Team (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INOctober 18, 2017
The management in my department was fractured but the company itself is a great place to work. The general concept of the company is on the right track
great potential for career advancement
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Crown Equipment is a great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities to advance in your career. If you work in production, they offer opportunities to learn to drive a forklift or attend welding classes that they pay for. For office help, they pay some of your schooling to further your education.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
High insurance premiums

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Equipment Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.