Crown Packaging Corporation Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Deffinatly changed over the years
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 3, 2018
It use to be a great place to work. But things kept getting changed including management. The production rate kept going up but the production standards stayed the same. They stated to work a ton of overtime hours that just wore people out. Which caused a huge negative drop in people moods. They raised the hiring rate up to try to get better quality new hires, but they didn't raise the rate for any of the employee's that had been there a long time. So new people where making as much or more then the long term employees. I feel they really use to care for their employees but that also changed to an attitude that they had no concern about personal or health issues people might have been facing. In turn they easily let go of employees that had worked very hard for them and where dedicated to the company when they could have easily worked with them to reach an agreement and outcome that would have been good for the employee but better for the company. They really only care about the money in their pocket and not about the employees or the money in their pocket ( lack there of).
Pros
Use to have alot of them but they threw them out the window one by one
Cons
Demanding, uncaring, inept HR associates
Poor Management and Ownership
Packaging Systems specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 7, 2018
I notified them that I had confirmation of a 6.5 million dollar order from a customer on a Thursday morning. This would have been a $250K commission check and then I got let go later that day.
Pros
Cons
Unethical
ok place to work if you like sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2017
if youre good at sales you can make good money. if you dont mind cold calling that is. once you learn the program you will be out on your own hunting down new business.

there is no "culture" its just "everyone make money"
Unorganized, but productive company
Area Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, tnAugust 31, 2015
The workplace is hot, but they provide water. It's a small warehouse and easy to know everyone up to your General Manager.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short breaks
bad work environment
office (Former Employee) –  St. LouisFebruary 16, 2015
Back stabbing and always pointing fingers. Will throw you under the bus in a mintue. Sales Team act and think they are better then everyone. Management not willing to change unless it their idea.
Pros
$40 gift card at Christmas with free lunch
Cons
co workers
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Quality and Engineering specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, OhioDecember 18, 2012
A typical day as a Quality and Engineering Specialist is to review any quality issues with packaging material. Audit packaging processes and document any non-conforming occurrences. I also build packaging Bill of Materials for new model service parts that arrive from the different vendors. At the end of the month I create the corporate month end reports for 3 facilities that include such data as parts packed and non-conformances for all facilities in comparison to previous years. Crown is a great company to work for! Everyone works well as a team and we get quality work done in a fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is flexibility I have to manage my time when and where it is needed. No day is ever the same, whether there are quality issues that need to be addressed or new model parts that need packaging specs assigned I am able to use my time in both departments to complete the job effectively in a timely manner.
Productive, great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2012
Promotes from within, pay above average, great vacation time, sick time, personal time offered.
Pros
sometimes free lunches or free baseball tickets
Cons
could have better healthcare, flex hours