Crozer-Keystone Health System Employee Reviews

Grass isn't always greener
Multiple Management Position within my 15 years (Former Employee) –  Upland, PADecember 30, 2018
Worked for CKHS and CKHN or 15 years before relocating to Florida. During my employment I had the opportunity to grow from within the organization and learn lots of different task. Just like every other health care industry there is always pros and cons. I would definitely say the pros were Health care benefits, tuition reimbursement, PTO and retirement plan. They also invested in onsite management training and employee engagement opportunities. The cons were often lower than other organizations salaries, staffing issues, and change in leadership.

Overall when I compare my experience to the hospitals that I worked for in Florida to CKHS it is a significantly better organization. The things I learned by being employed with CKHS has helped me stay light years above the hospitals in Florida. For this I am thankful.
Pros
Benefits, training, and Opportunity to Grow
Cons
Change in leadership
The worst
company doormat (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 24, 2018
Salary is awful. No room to advancement. They hire new employees at a much higher rate than current, longtime employees and treat us like garbage. No raises in over 6 years. Been there over 20 years and not even making $7 more an hour than when I started. They keep incompetent people on for whatever reason who break rules, create money issues and are downright horrible people, and treat nice, loyal employees like dirt on the street. The company that bought Crozer is the worst. The benefits, which used to be great are terrible. People are leaving there at a rapid rate including physicians. The morale is the worst I have ever seen it. It is impossible to make ends meet if you have a family to support. It is very frustrating knowing that you have spent most of your life working for a company that doesn't care about you. It seems the nastier you are to people the further you get in that place. It doesn't pay to be nice. Not to mention, the place is filthy, full of cockroaches, supplies cannot be gotten in a timely matter and it is a patient care nightmare. I would never bring my child or any member of my family there for care. The board of health should shut that place down. I'm pretty sure it will be because Prospect is already running it into the ground. You can't put a for-profit company into a ghetto and expect it to work out.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
good benefits, bad company to work for
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAJune 4, 2018
Ever since Prospect took over, the quality of patient care has decreased. Good doctors and nurses have left the health system to go elsewhere. The management and leadership has declined. There is no longer job advancement, job security or raises.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no raises, no job advancement, poor management
n/a
Buyer/Sr. Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Upland, PASeptember 18, 2018
Very fast paced and under staffed. A typical dat at work. What you learned. Management. Workplace culture. The hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job.
Low Pay Now For Profit
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  CKHNMay 6, 2018
There has been a lot of changes at Crozer in the last year. Which is now called Prospect. Who are FOR PROFIT. Current insurance benefits are based on the salary of someone who works in a California since that is where they are based. The salary sucks. You could easily be paid an additional 20,000 at any other health network in the area. There is no room for advancement. Generally, you either have to know someone or kiss butt. If you’re not friends with administration....you can forget it.
Pros
Long-Term employees really care. They are helpful and go the extra mile.
Cons
Everything else.
Overall good company to work for
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAJuly 3, 2018
Overall good company to work for, Just has little chance for advancement, Management was usually pleasant and helpful to work for. great company to work for.
Pros
the training
Cons
no chance for advancement
Stressfull and a non teamwork approach
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAAugust 10, 2018
The day either starts on the road with appointments or in the office. Day in the office begins with emails, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, meeting with contracts for renovations, etc. If I'm on the road I'm normally meeting with Office managers, Practice Administrators and the such. A department of five now has just one and the responsibilities have increased dramatically without and increased compensation.
Pros
close to home
Cons
daily regret of having to report there
Okay place for learning but nothing long term
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, PANovember 12, 2018
Crozer is a great place for learning and gaining knowledge of your field but they do not care too much about their employees. They push you to make utilization and then get upset when you don’t! They expect you to go above and beyond so that the hospital rakes in more money! 30 minute lunch and if you don’t take a lunch they get mad! Your basically a taxi for clients and majority of your coworkers do not communicate or they are rude! Get your experience and get OUT!
Pros
Makes your own schedule
Cons
Short breaks, expensive health care, no overtime!
Great people- bad culture
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAAugust 28, 2018
Not enough space here to fully describe what is going on at Crozer these days. Just look at the stats of the number of people running from this organization. Those who remain are dedicated and some of the hardest working people I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Proximity
Cons
Miss-managed corporate culture
I stay because my unit has a dedicated staff.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Crozer is a for profit 300 bed hospital. It is a level II trauma center . Management is okay but administration is far removed and unrealistic. The hardest part of the job is the outdated technology and lack of supplies. You work hard which would be okay if little things like having working equipment and the luxury of techs were available.
Pros
Good salary because of union
Cons
Rarely get uninterrupted lunch
Good Company
Medical Receptionist/Biller (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAAugust 1, 2018
Good company to work for very nice friendly people to work with and there is lots of room for growth within the company, so as long as you are willing to take your career to the next level there is room
Pros
Free lunch on certain days
Cons
Short break
benefits
Lead Accounts Receivables Representative (Former Employee) –  Upland, PAMay 10, 2018
Good benefits, good hours, opportunity for advancement, promotes from within, opportunity to learn and advance. Parking is paid by employee, that was only down fall
Horrible Company
Charge Reconciliation Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 14, 2018
They have no plan in place or organization on how to do a job. Their training is someone sitting at your desk with you for five minutes and if you don't get it they will let you go. I was a temp there and was constantly told how great of a worker I am and I would get hired permanent...Instead they let me go. The day they let me go I worked the whole day and it was a typical day. After I get home I get a call from the temp agency saying the assignment is over and it was the middle of the week. I worked there for a year and a half as a temp.This is the worst run company I have ever worked for. They had so many backlogs, that they changed the process every other week, they had no idea how to catch up nor did they have a plan. From what I understand they care more about money than they're employees. They have a high turnover rate and they just cant keep employees. They are so quick to fire people and others are so quick to quit.
Pros
Managers let you work and dont look over your shoulder
Cons
everything else
Coworkers were fun. I enjoyed working here because of the team.
Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chester, PA 19013July 9, 2018
Overall I had a great time while working here. I wish it could have been a full time position. I guess they didn't want to pay full time benefits. Would have stayed otherwise.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Ability to become full time.
Wonderful place to work!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 3, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Most people are friendly, caring, and hospitable. Management did their best as they could every working day. The place just gives me a warm feeling thinking back about the all the goodness I experienced while working for Crozer-Keystone Medical Center. I highly reccomend working here.
Pros
Paid Sick, Vacation time. Steady working schedule.
Cons
None.
Crozer is not for me.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAApril 9, 2018
Unfortunately, I wouldn't come here for medical care and am currently looking for work elsewhere. People here have such an attitude and it doesn't matter if you're an employee or patient. It's such a shame because they pay the doctors such a disgusting amount of money. If they would allocate some of that money to fixing things around the hospital, I'm sure they would have more patients come through here and have better online reviews. Ex. The carpets in non-patient areas smell and look horrible and there are bathrooms that on call doctors use that don't have hot water.
Pros
Compensation is fair because I have a degree, My department is laid back and my schedule is flexible
Cons
The building smells
Informative
PHLEBOTOMY TECH/MEDICAL REP (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 27, 2018
Working at Crozer was very informative for me. I was fresh out of phlebotomy school and it gave me a chance to use my skills as well as enhance them.!
Pros
Free Lunches and holiday parties
Cons
Supivisors have to wear to many hats that there job is done poorly
Echocardiographer (Current Employee) –  Delaware County, PAJanuary 7, 2019
To much negativity going on within the workplace. Credit is not given when credit is due. You only hear from supervisors when they think something is wrong.
ok work
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptinist (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 23, 2018
n/a nothing good to say. Didn't care for this company. Management was honorable. People without educational background, had hire up position and very little experience. .
Crozer recovery
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 21, 2018
The benefits at crozer keystone are great. They are truly a cut above the rest. It was a family environment and it was never a problem to go to your supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crozer-Keystone Health System. Our community is ready to answer.