CRSI Employee Reviews

Great people
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHMarch 28, 2018
Loved the employees and the consumers that we had. they always put a smile on my face even on the rough days. Would suggest this job to someone with a loving heart
Great work placed
Owner/Principal (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Challenge and rewarding as owner I built the company to earn a positive reputation as a successful CM. This is a waste of time, how can I say more about my own company?
Employees treated like trash
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Hires ppl for program spec becauae of degree not becausw thwy care about staff or consumers. Then when they use up all your help and energy they treat you like garbage under their feet. Being toilet paper would get you more appreciation than being an employee for this company !
great ppl to work with
Dtsp (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 16, 2017
i loved this job working with developed mentally disabled adults, loved hepling them learn new thing. would of liked to see more upper managment involvment with the program
Working with DD individuals can be fun. Working in office can be stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Busy and fast paced
I learned different skills for my job
Hard to work with
No work place culture
Snooty coworkers and back stabbing
Seeing consumers and weekends
Unrealistic Expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 13, 2017
Unrealistic expectations for most employees as far as work loads. Expect low pay, but always a lot of hours available because it is a revolving door. It is generally great to work with consumers. As a member of management I was always on call unless I was actually on vacation and left my phone away. I worked ridiculously long hours to meet unrealistic deadlines. I do not know who the current CEO is, I cannot comment on that. They need good people to work there, that is true, but they cannot pay enough to keep good people.
Get to work with people who have specific needs
Resident Companion (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJuly 12, 2017
Taking care of adults with developmental disabilities can be a wonderful challenge! The company trains from start to finish and is there to help along the way. Hardest part can be the behaviors. The most enjoyable part is being able to help make an impact in someone's life who needs the care and time put in and given.
Pros
getting to help make a difference in someones life
Cons
all the paper work involved
It was ok
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 4, 2017
Helped mentally and physically disabled individuals live normal lives in a group home. Job duties were cooking, cleaning, bathing, taking to doctors appointments, and interacting with the residents.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay
worst place ever to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 23, 2017
this job moved its employment out of the county. there for evryone who was employed lost there livelyhood without warning!!!!!!!! i have never worked in a place so volitile before.
Pros
Cons
treated the employees like dogs
productive and fun workplace
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fostoria, OHApril 13, 2017
During my job I assist individuals with disabilities with daily living skills, supporting them to be active participants in their activities, and helping them strive to live at their fullest potential. I also take them to the restroom, change their clothing if need be, and help them to eat lunch. Assist with distributing medications to the individuals, cleaning the facilities, transportation to dayhab, cooking meals, and handle any purchases needed with their money.
Worst job ive had
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Management was awful, playing favorites, putting you in unrealistic situations, not enough training. Some of the consumers that were there should not have been. They were out of control and staff could not do anything about it. I liked some of my coworkers, but some were very unreliable. One of the most mentally taxing jobs I've ever had. Seriously dreaded going to work every day. Not worth the money.
supportive care for those with disabilities
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Assisting with the day to day function for those with disabilities. Support them with decision making, transportation to necessary appointments,
Pros
Working closely with those that need so much
Cons
very long hours
Its a good place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 12, 2017
I love my job but mainly my consumers it's alit of hard work that needs to be put into this type of job u have to have the time of day to help out the disable
Going downhill fast
Gopher (Former Employee) –  OHNovember 8, 2016
At first, I loved working for CRSI. It was a great environment. Once you're comfortable, it goes downhill fast. The CEO is great but the rest of upper management only looked out for themselves. The place is a revolving door with a very high turnover rate. Pay isn't great at all and the chances of you getting a raise are slim to none. They're supposed to be a "not for profit" but they seem to run it like a big business and they're very frivolous with funds when it comes to management and board members. You will NEVER really advance with this company.
Pros
Consumers and DSP's are great
Cons
Management sucks, pay sucks
Productive and fast paced environment
Support Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHNovember 1, 2016
Provide quality care to consumers needs MR/DD
Cook
Clean
Sanitize
Laundry
Provide care and love
Pass medications
CPR and First Aid trained
Pland and transport to activities
Accompany consumers to doctor appointments
Serve and prepare meals
Pros
Free meals on outings with consumers
flexible schedule
direct care (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHSeptember 26, 2016
I love working with the consumers but management ruins it. Upper management likes to play blame games and will put it on the little person. Certain management will set out to destroy people. Pay is very low, no staff because of pay.
Pros
flexible schedule, the consumers are great
Ok place
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Clients that were in the home shouldn't have been, needed more care that we could provide. Management was stretched too thin. All employees were over worked, due to the lack of staff.
Management sucks, rules change all the time, work is always interrupting home life. There is no raises.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, OHJune 22, 2016
Company overall is no good. Treat employees like animals. But the consumers are always great. Rules always change. Management talks down to employees. Pay is the same No matter how long you have worked there.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Low pay, no incintatives, no raises
Support Specialist
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Assisted clients with daily tasks, safely transported clients to appointments. Flexibility with hours and scheduled, worked with great people.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. The co-workers and management are easy to get along with. The pay is great. I would recommend this job.
Pros
great pay and benefits