CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Always on the go
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 22, 2019
The day consisted of driving trucks to pickup and drop off loads to various businesses. Time management was very important as, it was very important to be on time, and in the processes get enough sleep to safely complete the trip.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
team drivers
Non productive...
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 22, 2019
I drove from Florida to Iowa and was told by a recruiter that I was already accepted. Spent 4 days their on my time only to be told I wasn't accepted. They lie,are a scam,and not truthfully with what they say. This company created their own enemy. And the beds had bed bugs..
Pros
Cons
Being lied too in your face..
productive and fun, new experience for me
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 10, 2019
loved the new work environment. over the road cross country driving was very new and exciting experience. long hours of driving each day concerning miles driving. but very good addition to my delivery experience.
Pros
chance to use my class a school diploma
Cons
poor weather conditions in various states
The most money I have ever made
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Well let me start out by saying that I have been driving trucks since 1996 and this is absolutely the best move I have ever made!!! This place is what you make it. I have been here for 8 months and I love it!!! My driver manager is Caitlyn and she always has me great paying loads and if there is ever a issue she is on top of it solving it. I have been mentoring other drivers and making lots of money!!! My shortest settlement for a week was 3084.00 I have tried several lease purchases and never had any success. But here is different. The biggest problem that I see here is the new drivers starting out. Most of them don’t realize what it takes to live in a truck!!! And they always write negative reviews here just like they do everywhere!!! If they would just pay their dues and put in the time this can be a very lucrative trade!!
Pros
Good dispatch
Cons
Weekend work
was fun
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 3, 2019
driving state to state i love that, that was fun for me, see different people different culture, only one was missing my family after that i love driving .
Pros
pay for lunch
not a great place to start
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 30, 2018
i dont recamond to start thier if you are owner oprator yes its a grea place to start up your future thier goog pay for owner oprator good start nice place to work
Please Listen while you still have a choice!!!!!
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 29, 2018
This is not the route to go. You must try to get just CDL from somewhere else. The 10 month contract that they give you is impossible to complete. If you have any bills run. I have seen my whole class of 60 something people all gone before the 90 days. This company has the highest turnover rate. They hire anyone and anybody. If you leave them they put negative comments on your deck report so that no one else will hire you. If you are going to get your CDL from them as soon as you get it please do not sign their contract. If you read all the reviews the only people that are making money or owner operators and lease purchase apparatu if you leave them they put negative comments on your deck report so that no one else will hire you. If you are going to get your CDL from them as soon as you get it please do not sign their contract. If you read all the reviews the only people that are making money or owner operators and lease purchase operators. This is very true. And their lead drivers and trainers are also making money. But you as a regular company driver will not make more than $1200 a month. They do not care about you nor your safety. There are other companies out there that will help you become a great CDL driver and give you way better pay. They will put you with codrivers that are dangerous and instead of firing of them they will put them on the truck with another student. I have several examples put too many to name. Everyone I have met I have no work somewhere else now. I never made it past my fourth month. I am quitting this week and I am being hired by a different  more... company. They will throw a $6500 bill on your credit. It’s worth my life and I don’t care about that. Please save yourself anywhere is better than here. Thank you
PS don’t be hard headed like me
Pros
Got my CDL
Cons
No one cares about your safety. And you won’t make any money
Pay sucks and equipment isn't that great but if you're single with no family you'll do good there
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 25, 2018
Dont waste your time with crst unless you have no where esle to go. I gained experience and got my cdl but that was it. Dont recommend this company. Good luck
Pros
Experience, and you'll get a class A cdl
Cons
Promised pay and miles and faulty equipment
Unsafe Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 13, 2018
They give you new trainers to train while you are in the probational period. They do not follow their own rules. When you call for assistance they put you on the phone queue.
Pros
New Trucks
Cons
Unsafe Company
Na
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 10, 2018
I really don't have nothing to say. Its an okay place to start but not really a place for me. Driver Managers suck and not really there to help you. Could be way better.
good place for a young guy to learn how to drive
truck driver / trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 6, 2018
A good place for a young driver to learn how to drive, I had an excellent driver manager, he is a good man. I worked hard and trained their drivers in good and bad weather. Some of the questions did not pertain to me < I was a lease purchase operator, I had more freedom then the company driver. However it was a good place to work
Productive environment
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 5, 2018
Good company to start cdla for. CDL school. Team driver some weeks good miles. Good driver manager. New equipment. Good maintenance department. Caring atmosphere.
Pros
Starter company
Cons
Weekly miles
Dangerous untrusting individuals
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 1, 2018
They are a puppy mill for new CDL Driver's and operate dangerously lots of fatal incidents just in the three months I was there. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I worked for them because it was a good stepping stone to get my experience needed for OTR absolutely no time off..
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 30, 2018
Poor management, poor benefits, they don’t care about their drivers they only care about their loads but like to put on an act that they care. If your temporary sent home by a doctor for medical leave don’t take up more then 5 days off or they will terminate you. Even if you pay on your contract through them if you leave the company they will still sent it into collections it doesn’t matter if your paying on it or not. Very poor communication between drivers and their driver managers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor communication, poor management
Never on time for home time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 23, 2018
Your out for months on end and when your supposed to be home, they rarely get you there on your requested time off, dont make concrete plans, chances are you wont get home In time to do them
Pros
Health care
Cons
Expensive health care
Good trainers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 19, 2018
Good trainers lots of travel good loads non stop work choose a lot of your own routes dispatchers are ok get to team drive you can choose who you ride with get routes close to home of needed
Pros
Get to see the country
Cons
Might not get home as often
Over worked, and under paid. Very unorganized.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 19, 2018
Over worked, and under paid. Very unorganized. Finding a team driver, can be very difficult. Too many required days out. They only pay you lay over, after the 2nd day.
Pros
They'll pay for your school.
Cons
Pay. Advancement. Management. Work/life
Sorry people you hire
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2018
Management sucks like promoted drivers. Young people don't know how to check trage. Please be more faithful with people. IF they quit your are not doing your job2
Cons
Long hours but you get paid for it.
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 7, 2018
You make your own work hours but typically you drive 11 hours max a day. (standard DoT rules) workplace is two people in a truck so you have to be a people person and get along well because of the tight quarters. the hardest part of the job was adjusting to the sleep schedule in a moving vehicle but the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the beautiful scenery all over the USA.
Pros
Pretty much your own boss
Cons
Tied to the steering wheel
Lease purchase is the way to go!!!!
Lease purchase operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2018
I have been with CRST expedited for around two years now and I still can’t get past the fact that I continually make more and more money!!! My driver manager is Phil and he is wonderful !!! He always has me loads lined out before I ever make my drop !!! I never ever have to wait for loads. I started out making about a 1.20 per mile and did the mentoring thing for a couple of months and quit doing it and drove solo and I enjoyed the being by myself. But I decided that I had rather make 150k per year rather than 60k so I started mentoring and I absolutely love it I have had a couple of guys that wouldn’t listen to me so I called my driver manager and told him I couldn’t handle the guy anymore and dropped him off at a truck stop. It was as simple as that!!! This place is without a doubt the best paying job and the best people I have ever worked for. If you are a driver that can get approved for a lease purchase with CRST do it you won’t regret it. And trust me I have tried them all and nearly starved to death because of negative settlements !! Never have had a negative settlement here in two years!!!
Pros
Lots of freight that pays about 2.00 per mile
Cons
Haven’t really had any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7