CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Team driver company
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 13, 2018
Great company for teams. If you and a buddy want to learn to drive trucks together great place to team up. If you can get on the top tier and learn how dispatch works they will keep you rolling
Pros
If you team with your spouse great money for the teick
Cons
It’s a team company so you’ll get teamed up with some weird people till you find the right person
This is a terrible company. You are put in the truck with filthy unprofeszionals, not taught well, nor treated with any respect. DON'T DO IT!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IowaAugust 8, 2018
Don't do it! It's extremely unorganized. If uou want to be treated like a slave? Get disrespected less than an animal? Or sit and wait for loads with someone you're uncomfortsble around? Then yes, come to this company. On the other hand, if you're looking to handle business, so you can get back to your family? Do not ever come to this company....Please whatever you do. These people do not keep their word, and they're unbelievably rude.
Unreal money!!!!
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
I have been a lease purchase operator for about 10 months and I couldn’t be happier!!! I have done lease purchase with 2 other companies and hated it. It seemed like I always had negative settlements. They were great from the start but after a while it seemed like all they wanted to do is run me enough to get their truck payment. Not the case here!!! I have only had to wait on my driver manager for a load 1 time. I love getting to teach good driving skills to new drivers and definitely love the money I’m making!!! This has definitely been the best job I have ever had!!! The best thing is my truck will be paid off in 8 more months!!!! Where else can a driver do that!!!!
Pros
Lots of freight, excellent pay, twice a week settlements
Cons
3 day orientation
Good company
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 29, 2018
CRST is a good company. I got my CDL through this company and 6 months later they made me a trainer. It’s easy to climb the ranks here and make money when you work hard. I’ve seen and heard a lot of bad things about drivers not making money, then I ask “how many miles do you run daily?” And they say 200-300...you won’t make money anywhere in trucking without running. My team driver and I run 600 miles each DAILY the truck is getting 1200 miles a day...we always have a new load waiting before we finish the one we’re on. Don’t let drivers who want to shy away from running miles, and finding loopholes in hard work, make you think you can’t make money here.
Pros
Great miles, good money
Cons
Weekend/ night crew no good
Definitely Good
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2018
I would absolutely work here again. I loved the road and things I seen. The upper-staff was always friendly and helpful. This place makes careers for people who never thought they could do it. I loved working for CRST Expedited.
Never work for this company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2018
If you get into California forget about leaveing. If your driver manager doesn't do there job your screwed because the night time dms don't ever do there job. If ur set up on a good load forget about taking it you will be taken off of it and put on a load not worth your time and effort. Stay far away from crst!!!
Cons
Too much time away from home
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 4, 2018
I did not enjoy this time away from my family. The training was on the fly and not very thorough. Expenses that are required OTR were unexpecedly my responsibility which was not disclosed in the hiring process. Contracts were breached and false promises were made to potential employees.
Not a good company
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 4, 2018
The company doesn't care about their lease purchase drivers. They will have you sit for a week and then get mad at you for being in the hole because they put you there and refuse to fix their mistakes.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Look else where
They are professionals
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 2, 2018
You work so many hours and you get treated like you are not human beings if you ask for help in a situation they give the run around until you have to contact a lawyer than they act
very satisfied
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2018
I have been working here for about 6 months and i absolutely love it and i am making the best money that i have ever made !!!! my driver manager is great . sometimes the loads going somewhere don`t pay what i would like but he always gets me super great paying loads when i get there !!!!i have been driving for about 2 years and i feel like this is the last place i will ever work for !!! FYI my opinion on all the negative comments that i read about on this company and other companies are always from new CDL drivers that don realize what it takes to actually live in a truck and that every driver has to pay their dues before they earn good money anywhere !!!!
Pros
great dispatch
Cons
deciding the best loads to pick
if you didn't kiss butt's then you were in the low end of loads
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ceder Rapids IAJune 12, 2018
They give a good talk but don't do the walk. They cut your pay if you are solo for more then a day and still even as a team you have to split the miles which means you have to run more miles to get a good check .
Pros
good for new drivers to start with
Cons
not a company for the long hual
Great Introduction Company
Trucking Student (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 7, 2018
This company picks up new drivers and teaches them the ropes. From training they take new drivers under their wings and give the the most knowledge possible to be informed drivers. They have a process for giving more opportunities that will leave you stuck in one pay level for years.
Pros
Being able to have your CDL's paid for.
Cons
Underpaid
Find another company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 5, 2018
Do not get your cdl with this company you will regret it.... Don't believe try it yourself you will regret it... Bad pay bad benefits they will make you half of your money you earned to your lead driver...
Pros
Get your cdl
Cons
You will regret it
It was terble place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 19, 2018
At first they provide you a 500dollars bonus then you have to wait for a load that might take a week and you sit there not making any money management didn't how to keep you wheels rolling
Pros
Half hour break
Cons
Benefits where ok
my point
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  san bernadinoMay 15, 2018
I loved the fact I was able to learn how to drive an 18 wheeler, the company it self was unfair . there would be days when I was suppose to go home and couldn't , loads were always getting changed out and the pay was messed up everytime
lease purchase operator
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 14, 2018
i have been with CRST for over 1 year now and i must say that this company has done a complete turnaround !!! i first got my cdl with them back in 2013 and hated the company .i didn't make a lot of money and kept hearing you have to pay your dues !!!! get some experience and get into a lease purchase and then you will make a lot of money and have more control over what loads you take and the home time . well i didn't do that and left after my contract was up and went through 9 different companies and was never satisfied .after talking to a driver at a pilot truck stop i asked him how he liked working for CRST and he said that it was wonderful . i was kinda skeptical st first and then i spoke to a recruiter about the lease purchase program and finally decided to try it out again. and boy im glad that i did !!!! this place is a whole lot better than it used to be !!!!! i get plenty of home time and the money is phenomenal !!!! i usually mentor another driver that doesn't have as much experience as i do and get paid for all the miles they drive just like the miles i drive . the lowest check that i have brought home in the last 12 months has been 2996.00 and the best check was about 4236.00 it usually around 3650.00 i know all companies have there problems and usually the bigger the company the bigger the problems . not the case here !!!! This will definitely be the last place i work for !!! FYI i paid my last truck payment April 21 . highly recommend this company !!!!
Pros
thhe freight and money !!!!
Cons
Havent seen any yet
Great team job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 11, 2018
Just wanted a weekly home time you get to see great states lots of mountains you never have to sit long it’s a lot of drop and hooks had a great partner not a bad place to work
Good company to learn
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 26, 2018
I will highly recommend crst as a starter. I've been here for a few years, but are looking elsewhere because I want to drive solo.
Being in a team can be very hard at times, even if you get along with your co-driver. It means awkward work hrs and bad sleep in a moving truck.
What we do to make it as comfortable as possible is that we split the day in two 12 ho.urs shifts and switch at a pre-agreed on hour that gives both drivers an equal amount of daylight. Doesn't matter how many hrs been driven. We don't use the bunk beds holding hands and sleep together like kids on a summer camp, and we keep ourselves separ,ated on each side of the curtain. We keep a steady rest/awake pattern. That keeps us safe on the road and it makes it as
comfo, rtable as it can be. Why not everyone do this, and why the company doesn't promote that idea to the drivers is to me a baffling mystery.
They have a pretty good program they call 20/10. 3 drivers share one truck and stay on the road with one other driver 10 days. Then you pick up the 3rd driver and stay out with him for another 10 days. After that it's your turn to be dropped off and stay home (or at the Bahamas) for 10 days. That's the idea anyways. In practice it's up to the team how you do it. If you need to work a little extra, and another driver need some more time off, you just arrange that between yourself. It's a close to perfect harmony.
I wouldn't leave crst if they could offer me a solo position, but unfortuna.tely they only do teams.
Some other compa.nies offer something similar to crst about hometime solutions, but with solo
  more... (instead two drivers share a truck and split work/hometime between themselves), but you usually have to gain some experience to get these jobs.
CRST don't pay alot to begin with, and I can understand why when I see how many new drivers are. Lazy, reckless and not so bright. Like right now I'm sitting at a crowded truck stop in Tacoma/WA, and right across of me sits another crst truck parked in the middle blocking two spots. Is it even possible not to realize how incredible stupid that is?
Anyways... The pay increases rapidly, and by the time you can call yourself an experienced driver you'll have a decent pay. There's plenty of loads most of the time, but there's some downtime too.
Nothin.g is always perfect and the grass is not always greener on the other side... It's like getting a new girlfriend. After a while you start looking around, switch to another girlfriend and repeat yourself.
Live below your means and invest wisely, and you'll seem that you can afford to take more and more of that hometime, till you can quit working all together.
Weekend and night dispatch.ers suck, but I hear that's the same across the whole industry.
They should have a good bonus program for drivers who do their job exceptionally well. Those who deliver on time in a safe manner, and stay professional with customers and staff.

The trlr shag and the city work is what makes me wanna drink, but fortunately it's only like once a week or so...

Good luck, and you can feel good about choosing crst.
... If you don't like it, you can always quit...
Pros
You learn, and you get good loads most of the time.
Cons
Good efforts goes by unnoticed, where's the bonuses, No solo jobs
Unorganized and you're just another number
Company Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaApril 23, 2018
They don't care about their drivers because as soon as one quits they have another one ready to replace them. Just like the military you're nothing but another number they identify you by your driver ID number. They're happy as long as you're running because the more hometime you take the less money they make
Pros
Cons
Little home time, little pay
I am very happy with CRST I sighned on as a lease purchase
Lease Purchase Driver (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 12, 2018
I started out as a LP operator and did thier training program.
I bought home $2,000. on the first pay check and have been doing do for the last 2 months . Great company. I have had no waiting for frieght. Now I am bring home 4,000 weekly after all my expense.
love my job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7