CRST International, Inc.
47Low

CRST International, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States260 reviews
not good
stay away from this company. they team you up , and have you on the road for a minimum of 50-60 days before home time. orientation takes 2 weeks then another week or more before you receive a truck
Not The Right one
Yes it's easy to get your CDL with a company that will get it for you but this company binds you into a 10 month contract. 7 months into my contract I was still 900 in the hole. This is the wrong company to work for. They do not stand behind you. They will walk all over you.
If you want to Lose everything you have ever worked for; then go to work for CRST
Most of the weeks that I work for them I made less than the equivalent of a 40-hour work week at minimum wage. They do not value you at all. You are merely a number
Pros
There are none. And there are better ways to obtain your CDL
Cons
The whole company is A Con
Good Job
Good job, but as a beginner, many things are left out. You will be team driving. The miles that you and your partner drive will be split between the two of you, meaning that that truck will always be moving. For the amount of time you're on the road, the pay is not ok...maybe in 2 or 3 years... but this is not told to you upfront.
Do not go here
Crst will lock you in a contract and then depending on DM. You be at home and a lady will call you and then they say you quit. And you owe them the money. Also the time you get home a lie. All they care about is they truck. Matter of fact try to calm the fm supervisor and if you can’t get through then you know when something go wrong. That’s how they treat you. No answer.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
A Good team start up training job
A great start off company if you get a good trainer if not it's a Crime , what you will go through but never let them put you out unless it's home☎.🚛
Don't work here if you have kids, family or you know a life
If you work here don't expect to leave on time, ever. If you do leave on time when there is NOTHING going on your manager will think you're not serious about your job. Don't take lunch either. You have to bring a lunch every day or your manager will get angry for you leaving the building when there is NOTHING going on. Bonuses? LOL they don't do that here. Also vacations, your manager having you sit there staring at a wall with nothing to do is more important to them than your own vacation. Benefits are terrible. Dental can't even pay for a basic cleaning. Also they work out of a run down building. Basically don't even think about working here if you are a normal person with a family or a life because you will NOT have a life working here.
This company has integrity.
I am proud to have been taught by the greatest truck Driver with this company. I have no bad reviews when it come to this one. Cause without CRST I would have remained an unprofessional OTR trucker.
A quality beginner job for a Professional Truck Driver
Can't say good enough things about my dispatcher, was always able to answer my questions when he was on call. Despite other drivers on the road, always there to back me up with any supporting evidence I had on hand. A great company and team. Only desire I had was a more flexible pet policy.
This company mistreat company employees they do not pay company employees well and they team up new inexperienced drivers with each other
Company doesn't treat company drivers well they under pay them by splitting their miles they use the passenger ride along insurance to cover sleeping company drivers when there not driving splitting their pay when they split their miles if.there was 2000 miles the drivers would only get 1000 each saying they don't pay when your not driving your a passenger at that point even though your employees a a employees. At
Climate division
Great pay good people to work with. Loads change alot but home time on time is a problem get to see alot of new places that a regular driver would never get to see.
CDL driver
Terrible company. They take advantage of new drivers. Making them work for months on the road before a home break. Wages were less than the minimum allowed by law.
Pros
Helped to get training for CDL.
Cons
Wanted me to work for less than minimum wage for a year or i would have to pay the $6k.
Good company.
CRST was a very good and efficient company. They were fast paced and got the job done. I had very little experience before I started there and they taught me a lot. They helped me get my forklift certification.
Not a good place to work.
You won't get paid enough to live, and you'll be forced to drive with people who are lazy and don't do their share of work. This company only does team driving, and all the miles you drive are split with whoever they make you drive with.
they did not care for driver they expected you to know no communication a lot if lay over with no pay. Dispatch should have been drivers first have more respect for drivers
Pros
no pros
Cons
the company
job
if your into driving team trucks and want to be your own boss then this might be the company for you but as a single driver I would not recommend them but they do take the time to train
Pros
good maitnence program
Cons
not following threw
A good first timers job
Even though i was a driver in the military for 12 years i was not a class a driver. They gave me my start and i will always be happy about that. It is a good company for any first timers.
Great company to acquire your CDL with
Traveling is great, working here you’ll see every corner of the USA. Talk to everyone that you can talk to for knowledge of the roads. Safe driving is key and most important.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Time away from family
Have to be in right position
Even though rated badly this company if in the right position either as entry level position or a high management position would be great company to work for. I felt that being at a mid level management the compensation nor the respect given met the 60 to 80 hour work weeks.
Was an alright job
Company always had work for you to do but was very lacking in the availability of you being home to spend time with the family. Decent pay, management made sure you always had work
Horrible, low paying, team driving, unsafe
One of the worst experience of my life, barely made enough to survive living on the road much less support my family. They only offered team driving options which was a terrible fit for me. One drives while the other tries to
Sleep tossing and being thrown around as the truck is moving so that when it’s your turn to drive u haven’t had enough rest. Run, don’t walk away from these people!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight