CRST Malone, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
good trailer eq
owner-operator (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALMarch 7, 2018
hauling steel all over the country never sat much,never turned down good loads stayed busy all the time traveled all 48 states and stayed loaded traveling was the best part
worked on a contract basis
truck driver /owner (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IAFebruary 15, 2018
the money was ok, and people I actually worked with were good, but management wasn't, it was a contract trucking job, ran 48 states, but you worked with mostly with brokers
Pros
working onyour own
Cons
too many regulations
Made a consistent living.
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IAJanuary 22, 2018
If your willing to work you will make a living. Have to pay attention to miles of trip and paid miles.. if total miles including dead head is less than $1.50 mile then look for another load.
Pros
Always made money
It was a job!
OTR Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockport IndianaDecember 8, 2017
The manager I was assigned was difficult to work with which made my experience here tougher than it had to be. I wish my driver manager had been more adherent to my situation as a driver...
Pros
It was a paycheck.
Cons
Driver manager ruined it for me.
They kept money
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesville, ALNovember 16, 2017
The freight paid little money , I was a lease operator
And at the end of the day they would ask for favors and would never return one and when the driver picked a load it was a problem
Pros
Cons
Tricks
Ok Place to Lease on to
Truck Driver /Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJuly 24, 2017
Overall It was a alright place to Lease on to. I was Leased on to Malone for more than 2 years. I did bring home decent money, But you have to know which dispatchers to call, the company prefers you to haul steel out of there home are. But if you find other agents to call you will be better off. Management was alright but could be more organized! I would not recommend because of this!
Not a good place for a owner operator to work.
Truck Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJune 29, 2017
Not a good place for a owner operator to work. Too many cheap loads. You must have access to a load board and find your own freight. You will not get help for a load from your dispatcher. You have to be independent.
Dispatchers make the job more enjoyable.
Truck Driver Class A OTR Flatbed (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJanuary 1, 2017
There is a lot of time OTR. I learned to use electronic logs with CRST. Qual com and e logs are much better than paper logs and manually preparing paperwork.
A bad place to work
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  1901 Floyd Bradford Rd, Trussville ALDecember 7, 2016
CRST about the worst company I have ever worked for. To solidify my review you can see how long I worked there. Very much worried about there on bottom line and not about the driver.
Pros
Cons
You name it
owner operator company
owner/operator self employed (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 4, 2016
The money was good but I purchased the wrong type of trailer and had to move truck to company to benefit me. All in all its an o.k. company to start as owner operator.
Not a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2016
I was told that I would be able to make money as well as buy my own truck. This was all not true as I got my paystub each week for five weeks it was always negative due to all the deuctions, such as truck payment, trailer rent, insurance, etc.
Pros
Get to see the country
Cons
No pay or very low pay
great company but poor hometime
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  OTRNovember 6, 2015
With the exception of the lease program and the amount of hometime it is an excellent company to work for. The income potential is very good.
Pros
income
Cons
lease program and hometime
High Stakes
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Trussville, ALOctober 26, 2015
Middle management is aloof, they sit on conference calls with senior management for hours on end, unable, and unwilling to assist with driver issues or needs.

The company will hire any driver with a heartbeat and a CDL and it is your job to make them suitable to run their own business.

Charts, graphs and other meaningless utilization figures are thrown at you at a rapid pace from upper management, the majority of which have never ran a truck or even dispatched one, so they have no reference of what someone should do, just what they have been told by their superior is the right 'numbers to hit'.

The entire company goes through sporadic 'culture changes' and after 2 weeks they go away.

I've heard of Fleet Managers making $50k a year, I'm not there and I've been here for over 4 years.

They do not care about a home life. work life balance. Stay until the job is done.
Pros
It pays ok
Cons
terrible management
breach their own contract
lease contracter (Former Employee) –  oklahomaSeptember 9, 2015
They stole my last check and won't give it to me they also BREACHED it when I first started working there bu not telling me anything when my truck was broken down. They won't even show where the maintenance accounts was used.
Driver Placement (Former Employee) –  Trussville AlabamaAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time at CRST. I had no complaints with any of my co workers or management. I only left to go back into the medical field.
good
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2015
Good company to work for learned to search for my own loads tarp and secure loads would recommend to others. The hardest part were having big loads and having to tarp alone, but other truckers are a big help when avaliable. My co workers were very nice with information.
Not worth it
Lease Operator/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlFebruary 9, 2015
The company aint worth it they are crooks and rob ya blind the equipment is all junk not worth the headache you will never own the truck and the freight is cheap
good place to work
lease purchase driver, self employed (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INNovember 21, 2014
pay based loads that depending on location not really worth the time....great company, needs some improvements on communications....
Pros
self paced
Cons
pay per load
O/o
O/O Driver, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2014
Drive my truck to haul loads for CRST Malone. Had to dispatch my own loads.
Worst company in the country for lease purchase.
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INJuly 25, 2014
They pay every week but not all of your loads. Then you have to call over and over and over just to get those loads paid out. They give a sign on bonus the first load hauled then take it back the second week. They try to advance a dollar per mile til you make it clear not to. They feed you a line and try to make you feel great about it. They lie about load areas and much more. I spent close to $700 dead heading my last week. I lost out on alot of potential revenue. I pulled the plug four weeks in. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU EVER LEASEING FROM THIS COMPANY! EVER!
Pros
Cons
everything about them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Malone, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.