CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. Employee Reviews for Owner Operator Driver

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,517 reviews

CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Ok

You are the one that can make it at this place no one else. You call for your loads. The dispatch will try and help but you are mostly on your own at this place

after training you will drive all over USA

For me CRST is the one company that Training help my new career as a truck driver and receiving my CDL’s which is priceless for anyone that’s thinking about getting a CDL stay focus finish your year that way you’ll have more choices the first year is hard but worth it

Pros

On the road with your team lead and team drivers

Cons

Pay for new drivers is below average

Great place for starters

Once your in learn the skills and then move on because the pay isn’t worth it. Use the knowledge and training to the best of your ability. Understand that you having a CDL makes you a commodity and choose your next position wisely. Working for hourly wages or a percentage of the load beats working for 32cents a mile

Pros

See the country

Cons

Paid peanuts.

Chat bad as a manager

Wrong place to work No communication Don’t care about driver Cheap costumer Fl manager don’t care about They have company truck which take the good loads

CRST Expedited

Only thing good about this job is the training they give you for a opportunity to get your license everything else is horrible. The pay owners or so not what anyone is looking for in a company.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

job

if your into driving team trucks and want to be your own boss then this might be the company for you but as a single driver I would not recommend them but they do take the time to train

Pros

good maitnence program

Cons

not following threw

A good first timers job

Even though i was a driver in the military for 12 years i was not a class a driver. They gave me my start and i will always be happy about that. It is a good company for any first timers.

Don’t ever work for this company

Don’t ever drive for these guys! This is one of the worst driving jobs I’ve ever had. The company has really good freight because they are so big. The company caters to new drivers with zero experience .

Cons

Very good work environment, competitive wages, they offered healthcare package. Everyone appear to get along and I would recommend applying for a position.

Needs serious restructure in management

Lease purchase was great for the 1st 9 months. Management was happy. I was happy. Then the truck broke down and i was out of action for 3 weeks. Got truck fixed and never dug out of hole. Truck broke down again they decided not to fix it. Had to start a new lease purchase. Not happy at all.

They suck

I would never work for thim again they dont know how to take care of there employees or there Equipment and pluse how are you supposed to live off .30 cent a mile

I was there about 18 year .good company

Left because of disconnected retina Lost c.d.l. Still have chauffeurs lic Lots of safe driving awards Had my own flatbed trailer 2016 still have my 2000 freightliner classic.

Terrible, stay away!

The training was good, but when the rubber hit the road, what a Ripp-Off! They talk a great game with a High percentage on each load, but they nickle and dime the heck out of you. ie 4000.00run ended up with 1100.oo and that had NO CASH advances.. Dont fall for it!

It’s a joke

At CRST Malone freight is slow but only for some if a favorite to a customer service representatives get loads anytime Fleet manager only here what they want too It’s not an owner operator company no longevity benefits

Pros

Cons

A lot

Sucks

The worst place to ever work at. Go somewhere else. Horrible pay and even worse equipment. If I had to choose, I would rather bath in a pit of hot coals than work here.

Overall a great company

Everyone is very easy to talk to and work with. They have always listened to the drivers and other employees. They do what they can to help in any situation.

Crst - poor

Lease purchase drivers beware, you will probably not see the truck you are buying until after you sign your contract, repairs to the truck will also disappoint. Driver managers were unprofessional, childish, and not attentive to drivers. Pull your own loads if you must be there. Scales love to pull you in due to rookie drivers.

Flatbed

I had no flatbed experience, prior to working for CRST-Malone. They provide a three day securement course aimed at giving drivers the ability to properly secure their loads. I acquired the knowledge to become a good flatbed operator.

Stay away

You've been warned. If your seeking out this company because you want to get your CDL I would go to a different company. Go to Knight Transportation after you get your CDL. Also get your CDL on your own.

Owner Operator

Malone was always upfront with me about everything. They take care of the o/o they have & treat them as a member of the team not an employee. I intend to return to Malone here soon as I get another truck.

Pros

Good people to work with good management team upfront about most everything

Cons

It’s Trucking

Not the place for an Owner/Operator

The company isn’t bad. If you are a new driver, or need your CDL, you can start here. They take way too much out every week, for themselves. I only went there because my partner wanted to team drive, and he had 0 experience, so they let me train him. I own the truck, and I felt like more of a company driver with how they handled us. A ton of deadhead that wasn’t paid. 175 mile deadhead? No thanks. For a company driver beginner, maybe. But not for me. But I do appreciate them letting my ex have a chance to drive the truck.

Pros

Will hire about anyone, can get your CDL there

Cons

Won’t make enough money, and can’t advance there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Career recommendations for Owner Operator Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Owner Operator Driver in US