Cru Employee Reviews

Fulfilling but exhausting
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 7, 2018
Cru is an extraordinary place to work and the vision is compelling. However, work/life balance is a huge issue. Your job is your life. Poor training for leaders.
Pros
Great vision, unique opportunities, great culture
Cons
terrible work/life boundaries, poor leadership training
Stressful but positive atmosphere
o Assistant Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 8, 2018
It was an intense situation, but management did their best to help relieve stress.
The workers were positive and energetic.
The hardest part was dealing with difficult children.
Pleasant work place. They had devotions, bible study. Once a month lunch team outings
5/96-6/15. Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
A great place to work. They really care about the employees. Department lunches once a month. Once a year they have team outing and department outing. Casual dress code. They have prayer time and group devotions.
It's a good company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2018
It's a good company they are local and in Canada if you like traveling abroad. Meet with many different people of all cultures. Nice company to work for.
Pros
Lots of traveling and eating out
Cons
The pay is descent
Great org but don't try to change it
Program Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2018
Cru is a great organization but if you are expecting it to be a church or scripture driven you could be a little disappointed. If you go in knowing that things will be run more like an organization than a ministry than you will be fine.
Pros
Share the Gospel with tenacity
Cons
Has separate ministries for different ethnicities.
Good community and personal growth opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2018
Great people working to reach a shared goal. Worked with many people on several different teams, and was always impressed by the sense of unity and community. Many opportunities for personal growth and development, both professionally and spiritually.
Pros
Travel, community
Cons
Raise your own funds
Cru is great
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 26, 2018
I worked for Cru as a student during a summer mission. This job was high energy but also very rewarding. The community I built with my co-workers was great.
I did not work for Cru
President (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 21, 2018
I served as a Cru leader at my university on the servant team.
I learned applicable skills like team work, communication, leadership, team development.
It was a swell and educational experience.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 17, 2018
Everyday we would wake up and head to our campus. Getting ready for our kids to come into the camp. We would meet as a team walking through our day, and then would break off into our groups. It was fun.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Productive and great place to work
Donations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2018
I learned the results of effective cross training. The workplace culture at Cru was family oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that hold the same work and relationship values as you.
Opportunity to travel
Assistant to the Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COMay 30, 2018
The most fulfilling part was coaching missionaries who were on the field and spending one on one time with them. Being a part of a big vision was exciting and rewarding.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Salary limited
Cru
CRU member (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, NJMay 7, 2018
The college campus ministries can be quite the workplace to work in. It definitely has it's benefits. What CRU does that is so well thought out is, they take pricing for future investments in life and gets you prepared going forward.
Pros
Good Work Schedule and great people
Cons
Low pay and lower living styles for a while
Working on college campuses to disciple young people into Christianity
City Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
Campus Crusade is a gateway to Christianity. We worked on different college campuses to disciple young people and encourage them to live as a Christian.
Cat Adjuster
Adjusters, Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cat AdjusterMarch 20, 2018
CRU is an awesome company that cares. I was able to help their customers after hurricane irma passed through, I enjoyed the ability to help people regain their property and get their life back on track.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing meaningful work, but you will work a lot
Intern and Part Time Field Staff (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 12, 2018
It is very rewarding work, getting to see lives impacted and changed, but ministry is a job that feels a bit never ending, simply because there is always more that can be done. Cru is very focused on development for it employees and involved students. You also get to work with great passionate people. A balanced life seems to be a bit difficult to accomplish though. It is also hard working for a college ministry that many people will not understand or agree with. But in the end, the fact that I get to share the gospel every day as my job is amazing.
Excellent place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Cru is an outstanding place to work. The culture is innovative, exciting and rewarding. The job is the most rewarding job I have ever had. It is a fantastic place to work.
Awesome place to serve and give your life. More than a job or career, an opportunity to invest your life
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to serve and work and use your gifts and abilities to make a difference. Management care about employees and invest in your development and growth. Lots of opportunities for growth, development and for finding your unique contribution.
Pros
Be a part of something worth giving your life to
Cons
As we grow larger and larger, Culture can become professional and institutional, constant need to renew the heart and vision of why we exist
Campus Ministry Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work and grow as a person and in one's relationship with Jesus Christ. Almost every Christian would benefit from giving a year of their life to work in a ministry such as this or a related ministry.
Productive and fun, free coffee and great office location.
Project Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 13, 2018
Great Construction company that cares about its clients, workers and results. They won't let you down and all done for a honest price. They even offered humanitarian aid after the storm and it was a noble gesture because everyone new it would be financially draining but the community was its priority.
Independent Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 27, 2017
Learned a great amount from all the people that work here. The supervisors and team leads are phenomenal. Would highly recommend this job to people just starting out in the field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cru. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight