CruCon Cruise Outlet Employee Reviews

Love working at CruCon!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHAugust 23, 2019
I have worked at CruCon for about a year and a half. I love it here! There can be some long hours, so you have to be ready to work. The long hours are totally worth it in the end. Some weeks are crazy busy, but we get through it as team. There often fun surprises planned. We just recently had an employee appreciate day and it was awesome!
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHAugust 10, 2019
I currently work in the customer service department. I have worked here for almost a year and a half now. I will admit that it was stressful at first but once i was fully trained I became to love my job. I have no intentions of leaving here. The management staff is always looking for ways to make the staff happier and is always listening to way to improve. I've never worked for a company that cared so much about it's employees happiness. They've even made changes to help us get out earlier so we can have more time with our families. Everyone in the office also works well together as one large team. Supporting each other and helping whenever we can. I would highly recommend working here. I can't say enough good things about it. We also have a gym on sight as well as them providing us with free lunch and breakfast daily.
CruCon - work hard, play hard
Employee (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHAugust 2, 2019
CruCon is a great place to work if you are ready to work hard. The days can be long, the work can be hard, and it can be stressful at times, but the people and the CruCon culture makes it all worth it. If you go into this job knowing that you are going to be working hard every day, then you will do just fine.

Even though we work hard, we also play hard. We have theme days (80's day, Halloween costume contests, Frappe Friday, and many more), fun holiday and awards parties, as well as a casual atmosphere (jeans, shorts, t shirts, flip flops, etc.).

CruCon also has a full benefits package, paid time off, provides 2-3 meals a day (depending on the time of year), has a gym on site, and has several relaxation areas for breaks/down time.

I must say that even though there is a lot of work to be done, I can say with 100% certainty that this is my favorite company that I've ever worked for and I look forward to what my future holds here at CruCon!
Work hard play hard
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHAugust 2, 2019
I have worked here for over 10 years. I have been able to give my family many things, house, vacations etc.

I have a good amount of vacation time.

They have high expectations, however give us a lot in return.
Mid size company operating as if small scale
Travel Advisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHJuly 1, 2019
The company appears fearful of necessary changes such as converting to electronic systems (currently a paper system) - investing in an effective "on the floor" training program - as well as developing a company culture/mission outside of making money. HR does try to keep morale up with "dress-up" and "fun food" days however that was the extent of it from what I could see. For the long hours that are worked, the only food allowed at your desk is candy. The company is lacking in areas of health consciousness and environmental focus.

I have witnessed the CEO as well as leadership publically reprimand employees on the floor. From my experience, the company is operating on a small scale and seems resistant to necessary changes. They either have limited resources to invest in what matters (employee and customer satisfaction) or they have plenty of resources and choose not to invest. I'm leaning towards the latter of the two.

There are some good folks at this company however, very limited in what they can do to elicit necessary changes. A good enough place to work short term if attempting to get back on your feet.

in addition: They do advertise as having a gym however I have seen hotel gyms that have had more equipment.
Pros
Breakfast & Lunch Provided (food is good), People are generally nice
Cons
Micro Management, Lack of resources to perform job, H.S. Mentality, Culture/Diversity needs major improvement, Low pay, Financial driven mission
Terrible abusive culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHJune 27, 2019
Abusive, low pay, terrible hours, great for someone living with parents who doesn’t want a life. New people have to chase down management for help. The training is terrible as they don’t cover what you need.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Everything else
please don't work here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHJune 13, 2019
Please do NOT work here! the pay is ok and two meals a day is nice, however a would take better pay over meals. Management has no training and is struggling themselves, then expected to train and help others. Expectations are incredibly unrealistic. Senior staff does nothing to help. you will not have a life outside of this job! The decent pay is not worth the stress.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHMay 21, 2019
My time at CruCon was limited. I was drawn to the fact the company started by a strong willed women. I was alerted from the beginning that the hours would be long. However, I was not prepared for how long they would be. You're worked very hard for little pay. The training was thorough but you were still thrown in pretty fast. Theres no technology built into their system, every file is kept as a paper file, which added an additional amount of stress. People would not use the resources, which were few and far between. If you pulled your weight and worked hard you were rewarded by having to pick up everyone else slack. Not a lot of room for growth with your salary.
Favoritism was evident. Theres not a good system in place to track your phone calls. Many people would answer 5-10 phone calls a day while others would answer 30-40. The people who answered 30-40 would be screamed at for not being available while those who took 5-10 would not be reprimanded.
I would say the pros would be these:
Food is included and for the most part was very good
Managers were better as friends then managers
The standard hours 9-6 were appealing but not really as you think.

Overall, not the worst place I have worked but definitely not the best. It makes it very challenging when they are down to little to no employees. They would ask for our honest feedback pretty frequently and we would all put in our recommendations for change and they would act like we were just complaining and brush it off.
Pros
Free food, gym, 401k benefits
Cons
Poor management, inefficient workflow, no technology
Crucon review
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHJanuary 17, 2019
My typical day at work consist of answering the phones and quotes that come in via email. I enjoy talking with the customers and trying to make the sale. I probably spend too long on the phone with each person creating a personal touch but that is the part I enjoy. It is a very relaxed culture my co-workers are the best.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Stress
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHOctober 31, 2018
All of my coworkers are super friendly and helpful. I like coming into work, knowing that I'm going to help people. It is a great work atmosphere and I enjoy working there.
Pros
Free lunch, free gym access, paid time off, you can book cruises through the company, benefits
One step away from slave labor
Receptionist / Quick Response Desk (Former Employee) –  MoultonboroughOctober 30, 2018
Screaming at employees on the main sales floor. Special treatment of certain people and unethical treatment of most employees. Never worked in a less professional company.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Great Place to work- Helping me acheive my potential
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHMay 10, 2018
Working at CruCon has changed my life. Prior to working here, I was pay check to pay check and had to decide on a monthly basis what bills I was going to pay. I had no college degree but CruCon trained me. Since I started working here I have been able to buy a house, a new car, and clean up my credit. It required hard work and long hours but I feel like CruCon gave me the opportunity to achieve the American Dream.
Fun workplace, great team!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHMay 8, 2018
CruCon Cruise Outlet is a great place to work- highly recommended! Amazing benefits, people & work environment. CruCon always tries to do right by their customers and their employees.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHApril 9, 2018
• Close to home

• Great pay

• 40 hours + overtime sometimes

• Good training – more thorough once on the job

• Room to climb corporate ladder

• Support from team management

I didn’t think I’d find something like this close to home and just want others to know that you don’t have to go too far to find a good job.
Pros
Close to home, Great pay
Fun, exciting, great opportunities
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHMarch 4, 2018
There’s always opportunity for growth as the company is growing. It is the best job I’ve had to allow future growth for my family. Benefits of the job are fantastic. Overall, a great company to work for.
Pros
Comprehensive benefits and fun, fast paced work environment.
A Great Place for the Right Person
Administrative (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 2, 2018
This company has a lot to offer the right candidate. If you are hardworking, motivated and can multitask you will succeed. The benefits provided (401k, medical, vision, dental, etc.) Are fantastic, as is the PTO offered. I have always been treated fairly, equally and with respect and have been here for over 6 years because of this.
The company has provided me with a magnitude of opportunities I could only dream of prior to starting here and I will forever be grateful.
Pros
Pto, Free Meals, Great Benefits
A great opportunity
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHFebruary 10, 2018
We work hard and play hard and make good money but you have to be ready to put the time in. Because of this job I bought a house have two new cars and do things a lot of things my friends can't. I'm not even 30 years old yet! I'm not the only one either. BTW great 401k plan plus free gym and meals. Anyway I hate when people write negative comments. No jobs perfect. Find one where You can call out all the time and do whatever you want when you show up and still gat paid then sign me up!
Pros
Pay, free meals, gym, benefits
Great benefits, amazing learning & growth opportunities & a family-friendly culture
Operations and Sales (Former Employee) –  NHFebruary 9, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at CruCon, and I learned so much about the travel industry during my time there. I found that helping people book their dream vacation is very rewarding!

Plus, the benefits at CruCon are amazing -- they provide meals, a gym, a relaxation room, plus health and dental benefits and more. The company treats its employees like family, and many people have been there for years and years. My manager was very easy to work for and was more like a mentor. I definitely recommend working here -- in fact, I have referred many people to apply to CruCon.
Grateful for the opportunity to work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHJanuary 15, 2018
CruCon Cruise Outlet is the only business in the area that I know of to offer such comprehensive benefits. They offer regular benefits in the traditional sense such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k etc...but they also offer other unique benefits too! None of my friends or family have employers that offer them breakfast, lunch and dinner, or have an onsite gym complete with male/female locker rooms and showers, or have three different employee lounge areas/relaxation rooms to enjoy during breaks. All of this at no cost to the employees. Then there are the other fun freebies we get throughout the year. Often we get to play poker to win gift cards during sale weeks, there is a Halloween costume contest, a Christmas tree decorating contest, an annual awards ceremony honoring the sales agents that is catered and the annual Christmas party is just legendary. I am a current employee and the company has experienced tremendous growth since I have been here. Now more than ever, there is room for advancement. You will get from this job what you are willing to put in. I know some sales agents that work here that make modest salaries and I know some that make six figures. All I can say is hard work pays off and does not go unrecognized.
management
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02128December 13, 2017
long day and hard work schedules

Management was not flexible

The clients were wonderful . Co workers were nice .

The Management required more then you are hired to do
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CruCon Cruise Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

CruCon Cruise Outlet Reviews by Location