Cruise Automation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Autonomous Vehicle Trainer with no growth
Autonomous Vehicle Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2018
If you are applying to Cruise Automation as an "Autonomous Vehicle Trainer" beware. You are signing on as a "CONTRACTOR/FREELANCER/ETC". You are NOT part of "Cruise", you will be an employee of "Aerotek". They will stress this fact over and over again as you begin your "assignment" at Cruise. Other than that, job has no stress. Show up and drive the autonomous cars. Hopefully you are in a car with some relaxing people. As for promotions, little to none. Every couple months you get become a different AVT#, which constitutes a couple dollar raises. As for chances of being promoted to a full-time Cruise employee, ZERO. Good luck with that...
Pros
free food, unlimited snacks, Chill environment, great work/life balance
Cons
Monotonous at times, Being a contractor, Aerotek, No job growth
Every one was very friendly
Ticket Agent/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
Every one was very friendly
The company was great to work for
Management was awesome
Flex hours
Discount of cruises
Free uniforms
Very good hours
Pros
Free lunch on the ship
Cons
Short breaks
Management is Poor
Autonomous Vehicle Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2018
The Managers treat Contractors like dirt and have openly stated they are all replaceable. Managers are very dismissive and arrogant. The Recruiters are deceitful and only care about numbers.
Great place to work with a competitive salary for its industry
Autonomous Vehicle Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2018
Really enjoy working here at Cruise, the people are very easy to get along with. You get paired up to do autonomous testing with a new person during each shift. If you enjoy seeing all of the city and are very alert driver then its a great place for you to work. The management team is very friendly, they listen to what you have to say and respond quickly. Jad is my primary HR rep that I go to, he is immediate in responding to my needs and always works with me to try and best suit my life needs along with the needs of the company. I have recommended a job at Cruise to multiple friends of mine and will continue to do so based on the experience I have had with the company thus far. The trainers are also very nice and easy to get along with. The company has a very diverse group of people that come from all different ethnicities.
Pros
people, job, culture, snacks
Cons
career advancement
Fun Place
Security Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 17, 2018
Highly recommended place to work. Good Team Environment. CEO is very down to earth and approachable. Plenty of jobs available. Plenty of room for advancement.
Self driving car company - Fun work environment - Team culture.
AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2018
Fun work environment - Team culture.
Main office is San Francisco, culture in Phoenix gets close
but San Francisco offices are more laid back.
Company provides complimentary lunch, snacks, coffee and tea at all locations.
Great benefits and Perks.
Discounted gym membership.
Free rides in self-driving cars.

What I learned: navigating your role in a startup can be difficult especially in a company where it once was a startup and now has been acquired by one of the largest companies in the world (GM). I believe the Cruise work force does their best to make it fun and positive while working on the serious mission of safely putting self-driving cars on the road.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks are top notch. / Free meals and drinks
Cons
Company is still young, so some roles and processes are still being defined which can cause roadblock at times.
Quick paced working enviornment
Autonomous Vehicle Trainer (Current Employee) –  SSFMarch 31, 2018
Cruise offers good pay for entry level positions. Management is pretty transparent with employees. Only downside is majority of drivers are contracted out
Pros
Flexible schedule options
Cons
No solid career development paths for entry level employees
Everyday is new journey
AVT (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2018
GM Cruise where I have a chance to learn how the most advantage technology for the autonomous vehicle. I like this job because there is always new and exciting thing happens every day. The training helps me find the way to absorb the information in order to apply those to work as fast as possible. I have a chance to meet a lot of friends which have knowledge from many different fields. As a start-up company, I believe that there are a lot of spaces that can improve in the future.
AVT->Vehicle Technician
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 20, 2018
I started with cruise over a year ago as an AVT(autonomous vehicle trainer). The experience was unlike any i have had before. I worked for Tesla Engineering prior and its clear that Cruise pull the best and brightest people to come work for it. Daily surrounded by highly intelligent people with a common goal! I personally started as a test driver in Sf and was quickly noticed for my skills and abilities and pulled into a Vehicle Tech role! Every day is a new challenge and extremely satisfying. The atmosphere is fun an positive and walking into the offices you can feel the warm comfortable environment.
Pros
Challenges, Growth
Cons
Multiple locations
Toxic Workplace with Horrible Management
Map Tech (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Very poor management and culture at Cruise. Managers do not have any management skills or skills otherwise necessary for the job. Most of management lacks basic computer and technical skills. The people I worked with were okay. Promotions are based on how much they like you not how skilled one is.
Pros
free lunch, free snacks
Cons
bad pay, poor bathroom conditions, poor ventilation
Mapping Technician
Mapping Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Managers are terrible. Job security is not a thing. The people working with you are great people and are very nice. No personal autonomy or self control.
Pros
Really good work/life balance
Mostly positive experience
Autonomous Vehicle Testing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2018
Great colleagues and direct managers, some perks. Testing driverless vehicles in pairs, cutting edge work........................................................
Open flow atmosphere, sit at table others
Temp (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2017
You sit at a table in front of a computer screen all day. It is not a cubicle so you are surrounded by a diverse group of MALES. Its a young start-up tech company that I don't believe in. The hire you, beat . you to a pulp, and that spit you out. You come out worse off than when you started.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not direct
Good Company
Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2017
It was a data entry position so it can be mundane, tedious work. However, great people, great company. Free lunches at work was a major plus. The company has a lot f capital invested in it. Driverless vehicles will be more and more common in the future and they are at the forefront of that.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
data entry is mundane
Fun culture great people to work with
Autonomous Vehicle Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tempe ArizonaSeptember 12, 2017
No leadership no Direction .management is poor communicating with employees on vision and direction. turn over rate is really high due lack of Vision by management.
Pros
Great people cater lunch
Cons
No room for advancement or raises
productive and fun place to work
Autonomous Vehicle Testing Operator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2017
you learn something new everyday and everyday is different. Work goes by fast and is exciting to work at because of the surrounding people. Management/team leads always willing to help when there are concerns and questions that we need help with
Pros
great co-workers, catered food everyday, free massages, company outting, flexible schedules
Cons
people on the road aren't your best friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cruise Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight