Cruise Planners Employee Reviews

Cruise Planners
Personal Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 6, 2018
Excellent place to work, I would highly recommend to anyone who is driven and ready to pursue their only business.,
You would have to be ready to put on that salesman hat and push yourself to be the very best.
Productive and fun workplace
Business Analyst/System analyst (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 3, 2018
Management of the company is very good. I learnt a lot about companies through meetings. Work place and systems are user friendly. Hardest part of the job was, systems were very manual. The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide ideas for automation
Home Based Flexible Position
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Furlong, PAMay 31, 2018
As a Franchise Owner, you have the flexibility to work at your own pace and schedule. I enjoyed this position especially while raising my family. You are free to make as much money as you need!
Pros
Home Based and Flexible
Cons
Productive and pleasant work environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 7, 2018
My contract position with Cruise Planners was very short; however, this time afforded a peek at "Franchise Accounting" as well as provided hands on experience with their accounts receivable processes. Also, management and staff were friendly and helpful.
Great opportunity
Product availability
Suggest products to customers
Close the sale
Conclude the transaction

Every sale, every customer is Unique

Self-employed (Franchise Owner)
Pros
Self-employed
Cons
Total responsibility
Great Franchise opportunity
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 26, 2018
Great Franchise opportunity. Earnings reflect your effort and sales skills. The tools provided are very good and useful. Training was excellent. Highly Recommend.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
A lot of time is required
Job Review
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FL 33065January 16, 2018
I am the owner of my own Cruise Planners Franchise. I love every bit of it. I do it when and how I want. I can't wait for the future with this company.
great working environment
Leisure, Luxury and Business Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
flexible hours and great opportunity to help individuals with travel needs

from airfare, hotel and excursion I assisted clients with all aspects of their travel planning
Great Company
Owner/Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHNovember 16, 2017
Cruise Planners has been nothing but wonderful. The hard part is that it takes a lot of work to get to a level where the agency can sustain my household. I should have started as an associate to another agent first, then bought in to my own franchise, but I still believe the company is AWESOME, and definitely better than any of the other franchises or consortiums I have come across. Cruise Planners are industry leaders and deserve to be there and more.
Pros
AWESOME training, support, and respect in the industry
Cons
LOTS of work to be self-sustaining, but I should have had more in reserve to begin.
PR Intern
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 12, 2017
My experience thus far has been amazing. I always boast I have never worked in a job that everyone genuinely seems happy to work there...until now. From the CEOs to entry level workers, every one is treated fairly.

I learned so much from my PR Manager, who not only taught me valuable info but gave me advice on career advancement and tricks of the trade. There isn't a dull moment here. I also write a lot in PR, which is giving me published portfolio work and they are all critiqued pieces. I will miss them

Want to know more about Cruise Planners?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 23, 2017
As the sole employee/owner the job is great. The work environment is very relaxed and stress free. A typical day is attempting to recruit new clients and watching webinars. Going on vendor websites to learn more details about each vendor
An awesome company to work with!
Partner / Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 1, 2017
Cruise Planners is a service driven company that focuses on the wants of the client and makes every effort to satisfy their desires while providing a great value.
Pros
Flexible hours and you get what you put in
At home business
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZSeptember 29, 2016
Sell transportation, lodging, and entertainment activities to individuals and groups planning trips. Offer advice on destinations, plan trip itineraries, and make travel arrangements for clients. Handles general office clerk duties.
Fun company with perks to be a travel agent
Travel Advisor and Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Working at this company is fun, productive, and also requires lots of learning. Love to learn to that is great.

A typical day at work - answering phones, writing tweets, webinars, filing, accounting, marketing, operations.

Hardest part of job - getting new clients

Most enjoyable part of job - dogs are allowed in the office.
Pros
Discount Travel, free lunch
Cons
Commission only pay, no healthcare benefits
Due Diligence is Very Important
owner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Not for those expecting to earn a living at this.

The Cruise Planners name is not helpful, since much of this industry has nothing to do with cruises. So the agency owner is constantly educating clients and prospects about the brand.
Pros
Lots of great marketing and advertising materials
Cons
Lack of transparency, level setting.....
Fun Travel Company
Franchise Owner/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2015
This is your own company, you get out of it what you put in. You have to stay on top of leads to get your commissions. However, if you like owning your own business, this is a wonderful company. The best part of this job is traveling! Unfortunately, the cruising industry is not what it was five years ago.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
Good opportunity for the right situation
Franchise Owner/Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
Great marketing pieces, but difficult to generate leads. This would be a good opportunity for an existing travel agency, that already has a list of customers to reach out to, as opposed to starting from scratch.

The parent company has great relationships with most major cruise lines, which results in good pricing/add-ons.
Fun
Franchise Owner/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2014
I am a franchise owner with Cruise Planners/American Express travel, an award-winning travel agency. Cruise Planners is a national company that has a tremendous reputation for quality, service and values. We are top producers with virtually every cruise line and land package supplier so I pass along preferential cruise deals and best-valued land packages. I am constantly doing webinars and lessons to learn about the newest hot spots. I enjoy learning about the world and traveling.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not constant income.
Productive workplace
Owner/ Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NYOctober 1, 2013
I enjoy speaking with my clients and provide them with an very enjoyable vacation experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, comfortable work place
Cons
Great opportunity to assist clients achieve their travel dreams.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2013
Cruise Planners is organized by a team of enthusiastic and energetic people. Their goal is to insure that their franchisees can provide the broadest range of travel products and opportunities to their customers. They insure that training is available continuously and their great industry relationships truly make Cruise Planners stand apart in the travel industry.
Pros
Broad reach into all travel partners.